Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

aargh!!! Just copped that when I copy/pasted my IBAN from BOI statement it included spaces between numbers so it was XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX. Would the spaces between the numbers in that format create an invalid IBAN on my application? I ask because I notice a lot of people got their applications refused initially due to invalid IBAN numbers? If this happens do they at least contact you to query the IBAN rather than just not paying the 350 etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

NewRed2 wrote: »
    aargh!!! Just copped that when I copy/pasted my IBAN from BOI statement it included spaces between numbers so it was XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX. Would the spaces between the numbers in that format create an invalid IBAN on my application? I ask because I notice a lot of people got their applications refused initially due to invalid IBAN numbers? If this happens do they at least contact you to query the IBAN rather than just not paying the 350 etc?

In their statement they said they would be contacting people who's IBANs are invalid over the next few days. That's what Im hoping, but not getting my hopes up too much. I'm gonna wait until Thursday, if I haven't heard anything by then, then I'm going to reapply online. I sent in a postal application on 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

brianomc wrote: »
    Where are you finding this? Is it through Statements and Refunds on the my welfare section and then requesting a statement? I got paid today but can't find a payment reference anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I seen on twitter that payments will be backdated from date you where let go but these will be processed at later dates as they are busy getting people up and running first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Just got an email from welfare asking me to collect payment from Post Office again even though i filled in accurate banking details on the form. That's 2 weeks in a row now i'll have to be making a completely unnecessary trip to the Post Office for collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yammagamma

remember the covid19 pandemic payment of 350 euro is liable to income tax and i presume the first 13 euro is exempt as per jobseekers payment

the wage subsidy is liable for income tax and usc but not been deducted just now through payroll but at the end of the year expect a Bill

your net pay for wage sudsidy scheme might not be your usual net pay you have to add on any pension payments you usually make
    and this might bring you over the upper 585 upper limit and reduce the max subsidy from 410 euro to 350euro

as far as i aware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Just off the phone with local Intreo office and they said my claim was curated on the 24th but not paid today for some reason and to check next week.
    Colleague at work applied same day and got paid today the full amount.
    Not exactly sure what they meant by curated but just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

corsav6 wrote: »
    Just off the phone with local Intreo office and they said my claim was curated on the 24th but not paid today for some reason and to check next week.
    Colleague at work applied same day and got paid today the full amount.
    Not exactly sure what they meant by curated but just have to wait and see.

When did you apply first day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

I work in seasonal school sports work and get paid from August - May, by no means a full time job (€600 a month).

To top this up, I also work in the services industry and the coffee shop I work in has been closed down due to COVID 19 and make around €800-1000 a month here.

I applied for the COVID Payment on the 20th as the coffee shop has been closed since 16th which is more than my seasonal work, and I didn't get it in my account today.

There's nothing really online about working two jobs as I'm sure so many people do or three or four to support themselves and families.

Anyone in same boat or know anything further?

Do I have to survive on 600 a month for the next few months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Just got an email from welfare asking me to collect payment from Post Office again even though i filled in accurate banking details on the form. That's 2 weeks in a row now i'll have to be making a completely unnecessary trip to the Post Office for collection.

Same as my myself. I think we have been accidentally put down as regular jobseekers instead of seeking the emergency payment. As per the email, all applications, even non emergency related, are getting the 350 until they can review it later. Regular jobseekers not laid off due to Covid19 are required to attend the Post Office.

You can make a request on welfare.ie to have your payment method changed to bank payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭decdev

I finished job 18th March temporarily applied same day still no payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

When did you apply first day?

Applied the 24th too so maybe it just notified the system.
    I didn't want to enquire too much as the girl sounded fairly busy.

This is a ****ing joke. Applied 18th and nothing.

I logged into welfare.ie and discovered my application wasn't submitted. I completed it and got an email confirmation. May be a mistake on your form.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

Also submitted by post on the 18th and got nothing. Applied online today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭plodder

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I’m a self employed plumber and have to seize work. I was trying to apply online for this 350 payment but it seems I need sign up to the govID card first???
    I thought there was a basic my gov ID that only needs an email address, which you can use to apply.

On the self-employed situation generally, we just called about it, and you do have to cease work, but you don't have to shut the business down completely, bank accounts and all first. That would be a major problem for my wife's business and would make it very difficult to get going again as her clients are big companies abroad. We were also told that the situation is changing day to day.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Same as my myself. I think we have been accidentally put down as regular jobseekers instead of seeking the emergency payment. As per the email, all applications, even non emergency related, are getting the 350 until they can review it later. Regular jobseekers not laid off due to Covid19 are required to attend the Post Office.

You can make a request on welfare.ie to have your payment method changed to bank payment.

Same problem again .I was told last week by phone that it would be sorted by this week.Tried to change payment details on welfare.ie but they dont give an option for the covid payment.Will just post off the paper version and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

I applied on 18th March, with the effective date being 13th March, and received €350 today too. Does anyone know when the second week will be paid?

Not true. I applied through the pandemic payment form and i have had to collect from my local post office twice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

1882 wrote: »
    In their statement they said they would be contacting people who's IBANs are invalid over the next few days. That's what Im hoping, but not getting my hopes up too much. I'm gonna wait until Thursday, if I haven't heard anything by then, then I'm going to reapply online. I sent in a postal application on 17th.

I got an email today to say my IBAN was wrong and I needed to reapply. Load of balls. They have my details to pay my wpf every week FFS so now I'm at the bottom of a pile after I had applied on Wednesday 18th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Got my payment at 4am, with AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Not true. I applied through the pandemic payment form and i have had to collect from my local post office twice now.

Did you collect it from the post office today? My dad did and they told him next collection day was for the 10th April and it would be a double week. He only got paid 350 today and had requested it to be paid into the Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dublingreen

sent application by post on 18th, got 350 into AIB account today. be good to see a payment slip of dates this is for.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Did you collect it from the post office today? My dad did and they told him next collection day was for the 10th April and it would be a double week. He only got paid 350 today and had requested it to be paid into the Bank

I collected it from the post office today. Nothing about double week and iv'e requested (again) through Welfare.ie to have it paid into my bank and not the post office. Not fair on the staff down there as it's in a shop as well as a post office and they don't need the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Then use this

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/8ace3a-change-amend-your-bank-details/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KeithM94

Hi guys, I submitted my application initially on Saturday, no problem. Got the notification saying it had been submitted was awaiting review. However when I logged back in this morning at around 3am, it showed up as a link to finish my application, and when I clicked on it I just had to resubmit a whole new application again. And got the same notification then saying my application was waiting to be reviewed.

Quite confused what happened. Do they tell you if it has been accepted or what? Did anyone else have this problem...bit confusing now tbh and dont know if the site is just acting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 olly111

I collected it from the post office today. Nothing about double week and iv'e requested (again) through Welfare.ie to have it paid into my bank and not the post office. Not fair on the staff down there as it's in a shop as well as a post office and they don't need the hassle.

Same boat here. What option did you go for on welfare.ie as I'm only seeing options to change bank details for other payments and not the covid payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Does this situation qualify.

Self employed in my own business.
    Haven't paid my self in over a year, living off savings.
    Business is a startup so only on-boarding clients when the virus hit
    Clients are in "lockdown" so no engagement at the moment and no chance to generate revenue.

Am I eligible for the payment. App;lied on 20th via post. No payment or communication since.

Thx

Well yeah. Me too. Hence the word accidentally, try reading what I actually said. I was told that a large number of applicants were accidentally put down as a regular jobseeker payment, hence having to go to the post office.

• Advertisement

Same problem again .I was told last week by phone that it would be sorted by this week.Tried to change payment details on welfare.ie but they dont give an option for the covid payment.Will just post off the paper version and see what happens.

I was told in the post office that my payment is not the emergency payment (despite having filled out the pandemic form) and that's why I have to attend the post office. She said loads of people have had this done my mistake. She may have been talking out of her arse though.

Advertisement