Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

The_Brood wrote: »
    And your response then to those of who are and have been working full time for many many years but still make barely above that? We must be complete fools?

My response is you have a job, be glad of it and stop moaning about others getting an emergency payement to get by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Jesus Christ people bitching about others getting 350 quid. You'd swear the government was handing out gold bars ffs.

Those living on the mickey money first to throw the toys out for sure.

The_Brood wrote: »
    And your response then to those of who are and have been working full time for many many years but still make barely above that? We must be complete fools?

Are you actually complaining that they are giving you 350 instead of 203?

Podge201 wrote: »
    Those living on the mickey money first to throw the toys out for sure.

It's incredibly annoying, the amount of people who know how to do nothing other than put their hand out and moan.

It's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

This may have been answered already - apologies if that is the case.

I worked until Saturday 14th March and submitted a claim on Wednesday 18th. I received €350 on Tuesday last 31st.

Does anybody know if this relates to the first week I was out of work (week commencing Mon. 16th) or the week beginning March 23rd. If it's the latter, should I expect a retrospective payment at some point?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

Any agency workers here? I got an email from mine saying they would be applying for the COVID19 payment scheme. and would be in contact accordingly.

I am paid weekly. As I'm on a zero hours contract, am I regarded as an employee? As I don't have a set yearly salary will I get 70 percent of the average wage I have earned in my time with them?

I applied for the standard 350 myself as I have an awful feeling it may only be their office staff on a salary that are regarded as employees.

In saying that they do my tax etc I'm not down as self employed.

Be very careful dealing with agencies when you're working under a contract. From a legislative perspective, you're in the worse position as this category of work falls between every crack and the agency knows this!

I suggest you pull out the contract you signed with the agency and give it a good read! (it's probably light on details - the agencies tend to work on the premise of giving as little information as they can legally get by with!)

Also do some research on web as this area is a mine field. Finally after debriefing yourself, giving a call to the DEASP helpline would be a good idea! To get some clarity! Personally I'd prefer to know I'm getting the payment from DEASP than via the agency! At the end of the day if your contract ends you'll have to go through Social Welfare anyhow! Educating yourself now would be a well worth investment of time when we're all locked down!!
    Good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

BanditLuke wrote: »
    My response is you have a job, be glad of it and stop moaning about others getting an emergency payement to get by.

Perfectly happy for others to get whatever payment they need to get by. I am moaning about how the government justifies allowing - and paying - salaries so low for people full-time working that they are barely above emergency payments for people to get by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

This may have been answered already - apologies if that is the case.

I worked until Saturday 14th March and submitted a claim on Wednesday 18th. I received €350 on Tuesday last 31st.

Does anybody know if this relates to the first week I was out of work (week commencing Mon. 16th) or the week beginning March 23rd. If it's the latter, should I expect a retrospective payment at some point?

Thanks
    When you get your first payment, you'll get it for 11 more weeks, unless you go back to work before then and you end your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

1882 wrote: »
    When you get your first payment, you'll get it for 11 more weeks, unless you go back to work before then and you end your claim.

Is there any confirmation of this?

If you and a colleague applied, colleague got payment a week/two earlier and ye both return to work before the end of the 12 week period, how is it fair that your colleague got an extra 350/700?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

JCX BXC wrote: »

If you and a colleague applied, colleague got payment a week/two earlier and ye both return to work before the end of the 12 week period, how is it fair that your colleague got an extra 350/700?

you applied, and your application was dealt with as quickly as possible

Don’t worry about other people and how their applications went

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

This is obviously exceptional however I've not seen anything that indicates this should behave differently to any other payment which would mean payment from date applied from with arrears due paid some time after the payment had commenced.

Is citizens information still open perhaps they might have an answer.

What comfirmation do you need. When you get your first payment, it will be for 11 more weeks. If you both return to work at the same time before the 12 weeks, then tough sh*t. It's not fair but we are in an emergency. That's how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Just completed two weeks self isolation on doctors orders. Applied to illness benefit but only got 203 into my account ? I though it was for 350 ? Anyone else same issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

Hi guys I was told you can check your application online from today,

Does anyone know how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Raging here. I got certified by doctor as possible Covid related illness. Just got payment and it's 203 vs the the 350 I was expecting.

Seriously don't need this stress when sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Just completed two weeks self isolation on doctors orders. Applied to illness benefit but only got 203 into my account ? I though it was for 350 ? Anyone else same issue ?

Yeh, same here,unfknreal.

I have developed asthma as a result of my illness and this stress not helping. Fkn cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Doctor put me into isolation on the 11th, sent in my illness form and doctors form on the 16th, still haven't gotten a penny, starting to panic now - anyone else waiting this long?

Raging here. I got certified by doctor as possible Covid related illness. Just got payment and it's 203 vs the the 350 I was expecting.

So you got a payment and you are raging & stressed about it, my heart bleeds for you. Spare a thought for those of us who are still waiting to get anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Helgagirl

I have developed asthma as a result of my illness and this stress not helping. Fkn cnuts

Try ringing illness benefit section as this may be an error. My husband was in the same boat, self isolating, but he got a letter saying he would be due 203 euros but that he wasn't getting paid for the first 6 days and would need to submit doctors cert for second week and when I rang I was told this was done in error as when they received his illness benefit form their computers weren't set up for then enhanced illness form and he had been put down for normal illness benefit. They told me it would be sorted out in a few days time.

I rang on 017043300 it did take 50 minutes to get an answer so patience needed.
    Not saying our case same as yours but might be worth a phone call!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

50 minutes on the phone there, turns out the doc put the wrong code on the form! Now I have to get him to resubmit and it's going to take days minimum. Serious stress now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭johnmc2020

shnaek wrote: »
    Doctor put me into isolation on the 11th, sent in my illness form and doctors form on the 16th, still haven't gotten a penny, starting to panic now - anyone else waiting this long?
    shnaek wrote: »
    50 minutes on the phone there, turns out the doc put the wrong code on the form! Now I have to get him to resubmit and it's going to take days minimum. Serious stress now.

Try not to stress, it won't help anything. If you're in immediate need of cash contact your local intero office and ask to speak with the community welfare officer - they'll sort you out.

https://www.gov.ie/en/directory/category/e1f4b5-intreo-offices/?referrer=/en/service/40cf48-find-your-local-intreo-office/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kajzer

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you qualify for JSB and you earned €300+ per week then you’ll get €81 per day you don’t work but if you work 4 days or more per week you’ll get nothing. If your living with your GF you can claim for her but if she’s still sick and getting Illness Benefit then you can’t get anything.

She didn't get illness benefit that's the thing as she didn't have enough PRSI contributions from 2018. Her problem is that she was on sick leave from 25/02, was supposed to be back on 25/03 but the restaurant she worked in closed. She applied for the covid unemployment payment and put in her last payment was on 27/02 which is true, but in the rejection email it said she wasn't employed on or after 06/03 which is not true...

Dodge wrote: »

Well, appreciating the crisis and everything, I will worry about how others applications went.

Cop-outs aren't what's needed here, ever.

Some people had to borrow to fund the gap between finishing work and getting their payment, I luckily didn't but had to dip into fairly insignificant savings. Are these not legitimate concerns? What about another coworker of mine who hasn't received her payment yet whatsoever?

What comfirmation do you need. When you get your first payment, it will be for 11 more weeks. If you both return to work at the same time before the 12 weeks, then tough sh*t. It's not fair but we are in an emergency. That's how it is.

Something better than your word perhaps?

Jesus. It's not my word. If you read what the the social protection department said, it will be paid for 12 weeks. Does that get through to you.
    If I applied today, when I get my first payment,I'd get it for 11 more weeks if I'm still out of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭johnmc2020

Dodge wrote: »

Well, appreciating the crisis and everything, I will worry about how others applications went.

Cop-outs aren't what's needed here, ever.

Some people had to borrow to fund the gap between finishing work and getting their payment, I luckily didn't but had to dip into fairly insignificant savings. Are these not legitimate concerns? What about another coworker of mine who hasn't received her payment yet whatsoever?
    Jesus. It's not my word. If you read what the the social protection department said, it will be paid for 12 weeks. Does that get through to you.
    If I applied today, when I get my first payment,I'd get it for 11 more weeks if I'm still out of work.

Just to clarify all this - the DEASP will be doing back payments for people - including giving people the difference between the €350 and original €203. However, this is going to take a number of weeks to sort out so until then everyone will get €350 every Tuesday.

So say for example if you were back in work after being unemployed for 8 weeks, you would still get the full 8 weeks worth of payment, regardless of when you applied.

I'd expect the back payments to begin coming in within the next 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Will you get a confirmation once your online form has been processed? I did the covid19 on Tuesday as my postage form was misplaced by them. I’ve rang local office several times but can’t get through. Wondering will I get paid Tuesday as it’ll be 4 weeks without payment then. I’ve also emailed info@welfare and still waiting on a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭glen123

d-gal wrote: »
    Will you get a confirmation once your online form has been processed? I did the covid19 on Tuesday as my postage form was misplaced by them. I’ve rang local office several times but can’t get through. Wondering will I get paid Tuesday as it’ll be 4 weeks without payment then. I’ve also emailed info@welfare and still waiting on a reply

I don't think you'll get any confirmation however their official statement says that all claims received before COB Thur, 2nd of April will be processed for payment on Tue, 7th of April, if your claim is valid.

Keep an eye on your account on their welfare website though - in case your claim suddenly shows up as not fully submitted days later, which I've seen happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I honestly don’t know why people try to help other people on this forum. There’s absolutely nothing to stop you contacting the department to have it spelt out to you in language that you might possibly understand how this payment, which was cobbled together in great haste and a time of great need, works.
    So instead of arguing with strangers on the internet, why don’t you go and do that. It’s not as if you have anything else to do, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 943

d-gal wrote: »

I am in the same position.. .First form was never processed so applied online on Tuesday. I got the confirmation email initially when I applied but there is nothing else on mywelfare to suggest it is ok or not. Is that the case for you too?

Advertisement