Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

943 wrote: »
    I am in the same position.. .First form was never processed so applied online on Tuesday. I got the confirmation email initially when I applied but there is nothing else on mywelfare to suggest it is ok or not. Is that the case for you too?
    I did the same. Give them time. If it's not paid on the next payday, then keep ringing until you get through. It's a ****ing joke now...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

1882 wrote: »
    I did the same. Give them time. If it's not paid on the next payday, then keep ringing until you get through. It's a ****ing joke now...

Yeah I am trying to be patient.. I finished work the 13th and haven't had a penny since so just don't want it to go another week. I know they are doing their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

splinter65 wrote: »
    I honestly don’t know why people try to help other people on this forum. There’s absolutely nothing to stop you contacting the department to have it spelt out to you in language that you might possibly understand how this payment, which was cobbled together in great haste and a time of great need, works.
    So instead of arguing with strangers on the internet, why don’t you go and do that. It’s not as if you have anything else to do, obviously.

Jesus that's a bit OTT, also ironic that you have such an agressive post giving out about others "arguing with strangers on the internet"

I have contacted the apartment, to no avail. However I was under the persuasion that there would be back payments. If you do not know the answer, don't answer the question. The department information isn't clear on this, no need to spit "ITS ON THE WEBSITE" at every disagreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How do you get a verified MyGov account if you cant get an appointment to get the PSC card :confused:

Cant get the payment without a Mygov account :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

v
    943 wrote: »
    I am in the same position.. .First form was never processed so applied online on Tuesday. I got the confirmation email initially when I applied but there is nothing else on mywelfare to suggest it is ok or not. Is that the case for you too?

I think this is the same for everyone,only thing to do is see what's in your account Tuesday, if its not start all over again but then i take you will be a week down, i know they are busy but a confirmation email saying all good payment in Tuesday for peice of mind would be nice,but suppose we cant have everything.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How do you get a verified MyGov account if you cant get an appointment to get the PSC card :confused:

Didn't realise you have to have PSC card to claim on line, lucky i have one anyway, they should have wave this for this emergency claim and made it possible with out a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭johnmc2020

dreamers75 wrote: »

You don't need the account to be verified. If you're having trouble accessing it online then you can still post in the form.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/aa6cc8-get-a-pandemic-unemployment-payment-form-and-apply-by-post/

If it's for the COVID19 pandemic payment you can just apply by post instead, without a PSC. All they ask is your PPS number.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Didn't realise you have to have PSC card to claim on line, lucky i have one anyway, they should have wave this for this emergency claim and made it possible with out a card.

They have waived it.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Jesus that's a bit OTT, also ironic that you have such an agressive post giving out about others "arguing with strangers on the internet"

I have contacted the apartment, to no avail. However I was under the persuasion that there would be back payments. If you do not know the answer, don't answer the question. The department information isn't clear on this, no need to spit "ITS ON THE WEBSITE" at every disagreement.

There will be back payments but it'll take a few weeks for them to come through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

JCX BXC wrote: »

It ha been repeated by the Dept ad nauseum at this stage that the question of backpayments/arrears will be looked at AFTER everyone has had a payment. But look it, you just keep moaning and complaining there, but leave me out of it. The amount of me me me what about me people is astonishing. If you have no money to buy any food or fuel then please ring your local SW office to make an appointment to see the CWO. Don’t forget to bring a bank statement and payslip of your partner when you go,

Hi all,

Just some ways to get information for people on the Covid Pandemic Unemployment Payment. I don't work in welfare myself but I'm in daily contact with someone in a senior role there so hope I can bring some clarity.

Firstly, read this document - it answers most of the questions asked here:

https://assets.gov.ie/72299/8548595821b442bfb16c50bd01ea7588.pdf

Contact information:

Welfare are aiming to respond to all emails within one working day currently so this really is your best option to get answers to any questions you may have. The email address is:

info@welfare.ie

If you need more immediate information you can call them on:

1890 800 024

or

01 2481398

All back pay payments will be sorted within the next 3-4 weeks so there's no point in contacting them in relation to this. Next Tuesday's payment will be €350 for everyone.

If you are in immediate need of funds, do not hesitate in contacting your local Community Welfare Officer - can be accessed by ringing your local Intero office - https://www.gov.ie/en/directory/category/e1f4b5-intreo-offices/?referrer=/en/service/40cf48-find-your-local-intreo-office

Hope that helps.

splinter65 wrote: »
    It ha been repeated by the Dept ad nauseum at this stage that the question of backpayments/arrears will be looked at AFTER everyone has had a payment. But look it, you just keep moaning and complaining there, but leave me out of it. The amount of me me me what about me people is astonishing. If you have no money to buy any food or fuel then please ring your local SW office to make an appointment to see the CWO. Don’t forget to bring a bank statement and payslip of your partner when you go,

Yes, that was simply the answer to my question, I'm not complaining or giving out about the situation, simply explaining why it wouldn't make sense. Instead I got a barage of false information and berating for even mentioning the subject of back payments.

I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

johnmc2020 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just some ways to get information for people on the Covid Pandemic Unemployment Payment. I don't work in welfare myself but I'm in daily contact with someone in a senior role there so hope I can bring some clarity.

Firstly, read this document - it answers most of the questions asked here:

https://assets.gov.ie/72299/8548595821b442bfb16c50bd01ea7588.pdf

Contact information:

Welfare are aiming to respond to all emails within one working day currently so this really is your best option to get answers to any questions you may have. The email address is:

info@welfare.ie

If you need more immediate information you can call them on:

1890 800 024

or

01 2481398

All back pay payments will be sorted within the next 3-4 weeks so there's no point in contacting them in relation to this. Next Tuesday's payment will be €350 for everyone.

If you are in immediate need of funds, do not hesitate in contacting your local Community Welfare Officer - can be accessed by ringing your local Intero office - https://www.gov.ie/en/directory/category/e1f4b5-intreo-offices/?referrer=/en/service/40cf48-find-your-local-intreo-office

Hope that helps.

Clear and concise. Many thanks 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi.

I'm claiming the covid19 illness benefit from 20/03 till 31/03 rather than the full two weeks as I was be moved onto the employment subsidy scheme on the 1st. I was told the rate was 50 a day. Does anyone know if Saturday's and Sundays are included?

I think they may be as the weekly rate is 350.

Will I get payment for 8, 10, or 12 days.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The Mywelfare site shows my claim for PUP has been submitted, it was submitted early last tuesday. I rang them yesterday to see if they had any idea when the payments might start. The person on the other end of the line said that the system wasn't showing my claim, but that he would get on to a manager/supervisor, and that they would ring me back in the afternoon. Of course, they didn't ring me back. Guess I'll have to ring them back on monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

New version of wage subsidy scheme posted on revenue site for anyone interested in that end of things, and in particular any employers or payroll operators a few things have been clarified somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Wii776

Hi. I applied by post for covid payment. Seems to have gotten lost. I set up a basic Mygov account, cant upgrade to full account as I cant find my card. I applied online on 31sr. My application is still showing as submitted and waiting for review. Is anyone else getting this message? Bit worried that I wont get the payment on Tuesdsy. Got a loan from family this week, but direct debits will eat it up and everything else in my account in next few days. Also, I'm self employed and bills keep adding up.

Wii776 wrote: »
    Hi. I applied by post for covid payment. Seems to have gotten lost. I set up a basic Mygov account, cant upgrade to full account as I cant find my card. I applied online on 31sr. My application is still showing as submitted and waiting for review. Is anyone else getting this message? Bit worried that I wont get the payment on Tuesdsy. Got a loan from family this week, but direct debits will eat it up and everything else in my account in next few days. Also, I'm self employed and bills keep adding up.

Take you mean the message under notifications, that's what i have,i applied late Friday the 27th,expecting payment Tuesday (i hope).

Thank you for submitting your application for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment. Your application has been successfully submitted and is awaiting review by one of our officers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Wii776

Yes, that's the same message I got.. haven't had any income since 14th march , so starting to get v worried

• Advertisement

Wii776 wrote: »
    Yes, that's the same message I got.. haven't had any income since 14th march , so starting to get v worried

Alot of us in the same boat, all hoping for no mistakes come Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TaxStudent

mariaalice wrote: »
    Could he not take annual leave?

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/

If he walks out he will get nothing. He could ask his employer to temporarily lay him off and he will qualify for the €350, provided employer states the position is no longer needed due to the C19 crisis. If the employer can demonstrate that turnover has dropped 25% he could be temporarily laid off and be paid by his employer 70% of his net weekly pay up to a maximum of €410 weekly. The Revenue website has good clear guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Take you mean the message under notifications, that's what i have,i applied late Friday the 27th,expecting payment Tuesday (i hope).

Thank you for submitting your application for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment. Your application has been successfully submitted and is awaiting review by one of our officers.
    Yep, that's my notification as well. Applied last tuesday morning, early (around 6-ish). Can't really wait much longer, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I applied on the 24th and got no payment. I applied again by dropping my form into the local Intreo office on Thursday but not seeing any notifications on mywelfare, although it is a basic gov.ie account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Same as this? Applied Sat morning the 28th

twirlagig wrote: »
    Same as this? Applied Sat morning the 28th

Yes, that's it, just the wait till Tuesday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

Yes, that's it, just the wait till Tuesday now.

I’m the same, hopefully it will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Looks like if you are working and illegal you will get the 350 euro payment .I wonder what happens if you actually loose the job will one then qualify for job seekers nothing surprises me these days .

https://gript.ie/social-protection-migrants-dole/?fbclid=IwAR3MGCCtqNOMEf3fCytGY1zfFWjLmsC7knTJvE3ZG9YOhP10zQZgInRwkjs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Looks like if you are working and illegal you will get the 350 euro payment .I wonder what happens if you actually loose the job will one then qualify for job seekers nothing surprises me these days .

https://gript.ie/social-protection-migrants-dole/?fbclid=IwAR3MGCCtqNOMEf3fCytGY1zfFWjLmsC7knTJvE3ZG9YOhP10zQZgInRwkjs

I'd be fairly conservative on immigration issues and to be honest I wouldn't begrudge most of these people. I'd sooner see the lads who work in my local Chinese get 350 than see some spoofer in direct provision get 40 for the next 8 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

rgossip30 wrote: »

I think that’s great. As a society we should choose to protect the vulnerable and not let them turn to crime.

Advertisement