Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I applied last monday. I have got nothing in way of a confirmation email or anything to tell me I've been successful(if that's the right word)
    Should I have got something by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Casey78 wrote: »
    I applied last monday. I have got nothing in way of a confirmation email or anything to tell me I've been successful(if that's the right word)
    Should I have got something by now?

Did you check under notifications with welfare.ie on line?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

how long are people waiting for a notification after application?

im a week after my application and nothing other than the initial receipt message

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

I emailed info@welfare.ie and they have confirmed that this is correct. Just updating to let people know as there was some argument about this further up the thread.

I put down the last day I was paid. I hadn’t worked in March as I was self isolating for 14 days due symptoms of COVID and having returned from a hotspot. I got holiday pay two weeks in a row and then my workplace shut, so I put down the last day I was paid which was the end of March. How do I amend it?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    how long are people waiting for a notification after application?

im a week after my application and nothing other than the initial receipt message

what's the initial receipt message, you only get one notification after applying, nothing else,see post 924.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Did you check under notifications with welfare.ie on line?

I did yeah, nothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Badwulf wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

I was originally working 5 days a week and on average was doing about 35-40 hours a week. My contract states I'm owed a 15 hour minimum week of work even tho since starting the job 2 months ago I have never had anything less than 30 hours. In the past two weeks my hours have been cut to 15 per week, 2 days per week. Am I eligible for this payment? I tried talking with HR about this but they basically laughed me off (our HR team is well known for being absolutely evil) and told me there is nothing they can do

So I used the mywelfare.ie site to sign up for the covid payment and when they asked me what best described my situation I said hours were reduced but still working. Am I eligible or did I sign up for the wrong thing? At this point I'm honestly debating getting fired on purpose just so I can sign up for the full dole, my job isnt even essential (I'm a deli worker and since covid hit id be lucky to serve 10 customers during a 10 hour shift, last week we made 1k from deli food and had 4k in wastage, its a joke.)

If you were working 5 days per week and you are now working 2 days per week then you should apply for ordinary JSB as you have a loss of employment of 3 days. You’re not entitled to the PUP as you are still getting paid by your employer and haven’t lost your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Yam1960

I am a registered self-employed, have been since summer 2017. I work as a tour guide. I applied for the Covid payment as my business is gone - no flights, no Americans, no tours.

I applied for Covid on 22 March by post, long story short through various phone calls, they tell me I am not eligible and keep mentioning a cut off date of 6th March in terms of my 'last payment'. My head is totally fried. One supervisor was adamant I would qualify being self-employed, she told me to reapply again and send my form to the local Intreo office with a supporting letter. Now that local office has called me to say I am not eligible and have to apply for Job Seekers Self Employment Benefit - which I wont get as no PRSI credits that year as I was under the threshold - they would have been voluntary anyway, and the only reason I'd have paid them was for pension and i have more than enough credits as I an 59.

I cant be different to many self-employed people. I have quiet parts of the year no in-comings, it seems they want me to indicate I had some work or payment prior to March 6th. I keep telling them I am not a season PAYE worker.

Anyone got any clarity on the self-employed position? Reading this thread people seem very clear - registered self employed you qualify for Covid.

Casey78 wrote: »
    I did yeah, nothing there.

If you applied on line you should have got a notification soon after (see post 924), send a email to info@welfare.ie to see what's happened,don't forget your PPS number.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like anyone 66 or over, no pandemic covid payment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭glen123

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Just thought id mention i applied late on 27th march, i email welfare last night got reply this morning,

"I can see that your Pandemic Unemployment Payment has been processed on 04/04/2020"

hopefully payment will be in tomorrow.

Did you email your local welfare office? Thanks!

glen123 wrote: »
    Did you email your local welfare office? Thanks!

No, info@welfare.ie, surprised at quick reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Why would there be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Those who applied online, did you receive an email confirming your form was received? I never got one, now looking doubtful I will be paid. Applied on the 21st.

I think they acknowledged receiving on the website when sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Wouldn't they be on the pension? Unless they're self - employed, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

There’s no point in contacting the department today. The weekly run is Thursday. So if you don’t receive money tomorrow. Get on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

The_Brood wrote: »
    That's can't be right. Out of a labor force of 2,357,431...that would mean that over 30% of all working capable people are getting welfare support?

Im surprised it's as low as 30%. The majority of people I know are now out of work because of the virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Welcome to the middle of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

splinter65 wrote: »

People who failed, that applied for it that are currently in employment. Did they not need to go to their employer when applying in the first place? Weird enough surely

• Advertisement

If you are on a non con pension and we’re working and on a reduced pension as a result of the means test, and you’ve lost that job then you can go to the CWO for an SWA.
    Likewise if your on a reduced Con pension because of insufficient PRSI contributions and you lose your job then you can go to the CWO but your pension will only be increased to the max non con rate of €237.

callaway92 wrote: »
    People who failed, that applied for it that are currently in employment. Did they not need to go to their employer when applying in the first place? Weird enough surely

No. You were laid off. You filled up the application form and sent it off. There was no employer involvement in it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you were working 5 days per week and you are now working 2 days per week then you should apply for ordinary JSB as you have a loss of employment of 3 days. You’re not entitled to the PUP as you are still getting paid by your employer and haven’t lost your job.

So I should apply for the normal job seekers benifit then even though I am still technically employed and working 15 hours a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

blueser wrote: »
    Wouldn't they be on the pension? Unless they're self - employed, perhaps?

What is pension age? I thought 70

I just heard a FF TD on radio complaining about this

Badwulf wrote: »
    So I should apply for the normal job seekers benifit then even though I am still technically employed and working 15 hours a week?

Yes.

What is pension age? I thought 70

I just heard a FF TD on radio complaining about this

Pension age is 66.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Something i'm really pissed about,found at this weekend a good friend of ours who works 12hrs week (if that) has told his firm to lay him off as he's entitled to the 350 covid payment.

I've been working my arse off as we're just over the means test limit so my wife doesn't get a bean, she was due to start work 3wks ago but that got pulled due to whats going on, means i have to do extra shifts just to make ends meet, and people are abusing the system all over the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Just got my email to collect at the post office tomorrow again. 3rd week in a row have rang them twice, emailed asking them to put it in the bank. I give in now at least I'm getting it as have heard some horror stories of people still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭johnmc2020

scudzilla wrote: »
    Something i'm really pissed about,found at this weekend a good friend of ours who works 12hrs week (if that) has told his firm to lay him off as he's entitled to the 350 covid payment.

I've been working my arse off as we're just over the means test limit so my wife doesn't get a bean, she was due to start work 3wks ago but that got pulled due to whats going on, means i have to do extra shifts just to make ends meet, and people are abusing the system all over the shop

Yeah I think the giving part timers the full €350 is a serious flaw tbh. I can understand that they had no other choice because of the massive number of people involved but it just seems particularly unfair - especially when you have people like that taking advantage of the whole situation.

At least it'll just be for the duration of the pandemic - I think a lot of these people who asked to be laid off may well regret it in 2 or 3 months time when the payment stops and they struggle to find work to go back to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

scudzilla wrote: »

Do you think the Covid payment is a permanent thing?

Advertisement