Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hoping I get paid tomorrow

Applied Fri 27th March after being temp laid off (last work pay was 17th March) and have heard nothing back about my social application. I'm on Xs and Os

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Borrowed time

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hoping I get paid tomorrow

Applied Fri 27th March after being temp laid off (last work pay was 17th March) and have heard nothing back about my social application. I'm on Xs and Os

Was on Xs and Os myself and just received mail telling me I was not entitled to it.Was working 15 hours a week and also receiving JSA but obviously not the full amount.Cant get a proper answer from anyone about the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Do you think the Covid payment is a permanent thing?
    No, it's only temporary, that's why people have been advised to apply for Jobseekers asap. When the 12 weeks are over people will get what they're actually entitled to, but payments will be at the standard rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was on Xs and Os myself and just received mail telling me I was not entitled to it.Was working 15 hours a week and also receiving JSA but obviously not the full amount.Cant get a proper answer from anyone about the situation.

Unusual from reading this seems people are getting the €350

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058064679/4/#post113072343

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The_Brood wrote: »
    That's can't be right. Out of a labor force of 2,357,431...that would mean that over 30% of all working capable people are getting welfare support?
    I know it seems mad but think about it. 200k were on welfare before the virus
    -Construction is gone.
    -Hospitality is gone. Those 2 alone are probably 300-400k worth of workers.
    My town for example. No hairderssers/ barbers X8, 3X launderettes, 3x charity shops, 3x bookies, 2x bookshops, 1x co op, 1x hotel with over 50 employees.
    Add to that all the people who quit part time jobs to claim the benefit as they are now earning up to 3 times what they were earning no questions asked. Also add people with medical issues who can't work with the public. It doesn't take long to add up to over 700k worth of people when you include the 200k worth of people on welfare before the virus kicked in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Wanderer19 wrote: »
    No, it's only temporary, that's why people have been advised to apply for Jobseekers asap. When the 12 weeks are over people will get what they're actually entitled to, but payments will be at the standard rates.

I know it's not permanent, but considering some of the comments here you would be forgiven for thinking it is.
    My wife is on it as her employer let them all go a week before the shutdown, he cited the virus as the reason for closure. Retail. I'm still working away , classed as essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Do you think the Covid payment is a permanent thing?

No, i know it's not permanent, i'm just very pissed how people will use it short term just to make a few quid, sickens me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

scudzilla wrote: »
    No, i know it's not permanent, i'm just very pissed how people will use it short term just to make a few quid, sickens me.

It's 350 a week for 12 weeks to replace other income they have lost. Unless they were being paid less than 350 a week I can't see how they will make money form it. Living expenses haven't gone away, if anything being at home all day will increase your living costs. Heat, electricity, food.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

scudzilla wrote: »

Oh get over it, students and part-timers who benefit a few hundred in the short run will be paying for it for a long time to come... alongside the large national debt they inherited.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pinkpotato

I just got 56e for my PUP 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Just got paid there, applied by post 18th,and reapplied online 31st, I wouldn't want to be someone on weekly pay waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Just got paid there, applied by post 18th,and reapplied online 31st, I wouldn't want to be someone on weekly pay waiting for it.

Already?? Which bank are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Already?? Which bank are you with?

Ulster Bank, payments always go through between 9.30-10 the night before.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Ulster Bank, payments always go through between 9.30-10 the night before.

Ah yeah UB are always the fastest with payments alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Pinkpotato wrote: »
    I just got 56e for my PUP ��

why €56?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    why €56?

I haven't a clue. We are a family of 6 by the way, €56 wouldn't buy a week shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Pinkpotato wrote: »
    I haven't a clue. We are a family of 6 by the way, €56 wouldn't buy a week shopping

Must be due to your last paid date.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Must be due to your last paid date.

Last pay date was March 31st
    I applied online March 31st to make sure I wasn't claiming when I shouldn't have been. Will have to contact them tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Wii776

Ulster customer. Just received PUP of 350.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭monty_python

What's pup? Aib customer and nothing yet

• Advertisement

Pandemic unemployment payment. I'm the same, AIB usually pays anywhere between 4-6am

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

Pandemic Unemployment Payment - AIB payments come through around 4am in morning.

Bank of Ireland here, and nothing yet. I think we generally get them around 3-4am aswell. Open to correction there, though.

Pity that BOI, AIB, etc. havent yet figured out how to just send a notification to your phone when money is lodged or debited from your account :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tigolebitties

Bank of Ireland and just came through there..

BOI, nothing yet. Can't stay up till 5am like I did last week! It was a problem with my application then. Should be sorted now.

Friend in BOI got it, nothing yet in AIB. Reapplied on Tuesday after hearing nothing from my postal app

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Friend in BOI got it, nothing yet in AIB. Reapplied on Tuesday after hearing nothing from my postal app
    AIB is around 4am always.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

350 , bank of Ireland just now

BOI - just got paid. Thanks be to holy god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 redbennnnn

Mine went in at 12 AIB

Advertisement