Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

BOI in now, €350

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just checked mywelfare.ie and in the my payments section it has that I was sent the payment! Thank God

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just checked mywelfare.ie and in the my payments section it has that I was sent the payment! Thank God

Where do u find the payment section??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Where do u find the payment section??

Once you log in press Menu and then Payments history , believe its only if you applied online but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭glen123

Also 350 in, BOI. After applying on the 24th, getting nothing and re-applying again on 01/04 (both
    applications online).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

No need to put the amounts folks. It’s a flat rate 350 for the emergency payment

Anything else is a different payment

Checked mywelfare account there (didn't have it fully verified) and it says my jobseekers allowance had been suspended but I got the €350 under exceptional needs payment

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

After losing my postal app and reapplying online Tuesday, the payment section on the website now says I am being paid tomorrow....SUCH a huge relief hope everyone else gets a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

I just went to check mywelfare, and for emergency COVID payment it says “continue application” even though I already did the application on the 27th of March and got the notification to say it was successful....

If I don’t get the payment again..ugh

Tomrota wrote: »
    I just went to check mywelfare, and for emergency COVID payment it says “continue application” even though I already did the application on the 27th of March and got the notification to say it was successful....

Check my payment history

Make sure your account is fully verified first

• Advertisement

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    BOI in now, €350

Same here.

I hate being back on 'the dole', but I'm really noticing how much I missed having a weekly guaranteed income :o Hopefully i won't get too used to it and will be able to bounce straight back into work in a few weeks and pick up where things left off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭monty_python

So the payments have gone through for aib customers??
    I didn't get it again. I applied 3 times. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

I am AIB and I haven't got anything into my bank but on my welfare website it says it is due to be paid... This is my second time applying so check that if you can

943 wrote: »
    I am AIB and I haven't got anything into my bank but on my welfare website it says it is due to be paid... This is my second time applying so check that if you can

Where abouts on the site does it say it's due? I cant see it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Check my payment history

Make sure your account is fully verified first

I can’t, I don’t have a public service card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Driftmaster

Just checked on mywelfare in payments and it says "Execeptional Needs Payment" €350

Is this the covid19 payment and will my arrears be given?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I’m AIB and mine has just shown up now

twirlagig wrote: »
    I’m AIB and mine has just shown up now

Same. Just got mine.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Same. Just got mine.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'm with BOI and mine went in overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Waiting since the 13th of march and still noting rang an office friday and was told it would be in bank today ****ing joke of a country noting in aib or mywelfare.ie

Jin luk wrote: »
    ****ing joke of a country

Might only be me, but I lose sympathy for someone that's this clueless. I understand your frustration, but we are in unprecedented times.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

My husband applied last thursday online and its in his account today, really fast turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭glen123

Tomrota wrote: »

Same happened to me when I applied on the 24th. Got notification on mywelfare it was received. Got no payment on the 31st. Emailed them. No reply but next day after my email my application showed up as "not fully submitted" with option to "re-submit". Submitted it again on 01/04, got another notification it was received. Finally got paid this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Husband applied almost 3 weeks ago. Called last week when there was nothing from them, and it wasn't in his account. Turns out they had entered his DOB incorrectly and it was holding it up. They said they'd fixed it, and it should be here this week.

This morning again, there was nothing. Called again, and the DOB hadn't actually been fixed. They said they fixed it now, and he should have it next week. I'd say they're just under savage pressure.

Jin luk wrote: »
    Waiting since the 13th of march and still noting rang an office friday and was told it would be in bank today ****ing joke of a country noting in aib or mywelfare.ie

Ring your community welfare officer, they will be able to do help you

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Hey my missus was on jobseekers, getting 200 a week.
    She applied for the COVID benefit thing since she was out of work, got a call off somebody a few days ago who said she will be on the COVID benefit and she will cancel her current payment.
    Got an email last night saying she didn't get the COVID benefit, and today didn't get paid at all (Assuming since the lady cancelled her).
    What can be done? Who should we call? The welfare office doesn't answer the phone and is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

AndyOHart wrote: »
    She applied for the COVID benefit thing since she was out of work, got a call off somebody a few days ago who said she will be on the COVID benefit and she will cancel her current payment.
    Got an email last night saying she didn't get the COVID benefit, and today didn't get paid at all (Assuming since the lady cancelled her).
    What can be done? Who should we call? The welfare office doesn't answer the phone and is closed.

Call your local intreo office. If she was already in receipt of jobseekers, she wouldn’t have been entitled to the COVID payment.

Nobody but her local intreo office can help with her jobseekers claim. You can only keep trying their

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭GunnerBlue

AndyOHart wrote: »

She was never entitled to the Covid payment. Should get on to the Intreo office to make sure her jobseekers hasn’t been cancelled in error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi Folks. My wife was taken off Carer's Allowance 4 weeks after 4 years. This is because we were means tested and now my income has us over the threshold. She has no stamps. Can she claim for anything. She's been self isolating for 10 days now as per HSE advice helpline. She had high temp and cough.

Advertisement