Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

I already have , it’s gonna be a long 2 weeks now with no money because the dsp can’t do their jobs.

Wait and see what happens overnight, in the meantime reapply on mywelfare.ie (I have done so and referred the situation to my case officer for it to be escalated!):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I already have , it’s gonna be a long 2 weeks now with no money because the dsp can’t do their jobs.

You were working on the 13 March.
    You lost your job after that.
    Your employer hasn’t paid you since then.
    You don’t have another SW payment.
    No one else is claiming a SW payment for you. You’ve had two payments of €350 and now you’ve had an email saying that you’re no longer eligible.
    Is this right?

I just got paid. It was dated the 14th. Anyone else?

EDIT: Never mind, I see I'm not alone. Bank of Ireland customer here, if it matters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

EDIT: Never mind, I see I'm not alone. Bank of Ireland customer here, if it matters :)

Does it show up on your mywelfare account.
    Im with AIB so it wud be 4am but i see nothing on mywelfare account under my payments

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Does it show up on your mywelfare account.
    Im with AIB so it wud be 4am but i see nothing on mywelfare account under my payments

I have no MyWelfare account (that I know of). I applied via post.

Have you already gotten the payment at all? If so you'll be on their system. Because it's a bank holiday, people due to be paid next week are getting it a tad early.

I didn't expect it til tuesday myself, but I won't complain as I'm glad to have it nonetheless.

• Advertisement

I have no MyWelfare account (that I know of). I applied via post.

Have you already gotten the payment at all? If so you'll be on their system. Because it's a bank holiday, people due to be paid next week are getting it a tad early.

I didn't expect it til tuesday myself, but I won't complain as I'm glad to have it nonetheless.

Got my second payment this week(Tuesday) yeah seems to be going in early for others too. Its a nice suprise :)

Got my second payment this week(Tuesday) yeah seems to be going in early for others too. Its a nice suprise :)

I'm on the same timeline as you, so (also got my second week on tuesday this week). I'd say you'll have it by morning. Just keep in mind you get nothing next week now, though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

2 of my friends got paid again. They’re with UB. I’m with AIB... nothing here but I think AIB payments come through around 4am. That’s when mine came in on Tuesday morning anyway... I know because I hardly slept a wink that night checking it!

I'm on the same timeline as you, so (also got my second week on tuesday this week). I'd say you'll have it by morning. Just keep in mind you get nothing next week now, though. :)

Haha yeah, better remember that :) Thanks for your reply

twirlagig wrote: »
    2 of my friends got paid again. They’re with UB. I’m with AIB... nothing here but I think AIB payments come through around 4am. That’s when mine came in on Tuesday morning anyway... I know because I hardly slept a wink that night checking it!

Seems to be my new hobby, staying up till 4am every Tuesday, and now tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Seems to be my new hobby, staying up till 4am every Tuesday, and now tonight :)

Crazy times! My sleep pattern is all over the place...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Grand, you get out of bed and do it for them tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Ihavetheaids

Grand, you get out of bed and do it for them tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Lol , I would actually it seems you don’t need a degree or half a brain cell so I’m all set

splinter65 wrote: »
    You were working on the 13 March.
    You lost your job after that.
    Your employer hasn’t paid you since then.
    You don’t have another SW payment.
    No one else is claiming a SW payment for you. You’ve had two payments of €350 and now you’ve had an email saying that you’re no longer eligible.
    Is this right?

Yes

Lol , I would actually it seems you don’t need a degree or half a brain cell so I’m all set

Yet strangely lacking punctuation.

Yet strangely lacking punctuation.

Well I explained I’m an idiot in my very first post , I’ve got through life fine without it

Well I explained I’m an idiot in my very first post , I’ve got through life fine without it

I well believe you have, but not by using the username as a chat-up line ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nothing new on mywelfare payment history

Great little country we have

I well believe you have, but not by using the username as a chat-up line ;)

I was born with H.I.V nothing I can do about it , might as well own it

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Nothing new on mywelfare payment history

Great little country we have

Same as myself. Hoping it will be in the Bank tomorrow, if not hope its there Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Same as myself. Hoping it will be in the Bank tomorrow, if not hope its there Tuesday

Rather have it next week tbh but everyone has different circumstances

Be nice to have a pub to spend it in tho

It won’t be Tuesday anyway , that’s the reason it’s being paid to people today , I reckon the emails where right and we get nothing

I can wait till Tuesday to be honest. I think i just keep worrying every week about it. Ha ha i know what you mean. I'd say all of Ireland will be in the pubs when they re open

Payment gone in to AIB now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭monty_python

Payment gone in to AIB now.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Yes

Then you’ll have to ring in the morning and sort it out. There’s obviously a glitch somewhere in the system. Hope you get it. Let us know here what they said to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Save it, it'll be a long year

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭boetstark

aisleseat wrote: »
    Were you made unemployed from the 14th - 28th ?
    The 350 only applies when you "Have lost your job or be temporarily laid off from work or asked to stay at home from work due to the pandemic"

If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been told to self-isolate by your GP, you can only apply for Illness Benefit.
    Thats rubbish. If you have been diagnosed with covid 19 or told to self isolate on instruction of gp you are entitled to enhanced illness benefit 350 eur

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mackwiss

So here's an update on my case. I am self employed and my services not essential.

I have asthma so my doctor got me a note for the Illness Benefit from the 13th to the 26th. I got the 350€ payment everyone got last week and then this last Monday I got 207€. I rang as I found this odd and was told I was one of the lucky ones with a backpayment.

As the payment from the Illness Benefit is only for two weeks I applied online for the covid19 payment. I got refused the first time as I wrote I was out of work since the 13th which was true and I had not recieved any confirmation I was going to get any benefit from Illness.

So I reapplied, this time stating the last time I got paid was on the 26th of March which I took into account now the Illness payment. It got refused again stating I am already on a DEASP benefit and I cannot take another.

The emails state to reapply again and I did so once more now stating my last paid day was 27th. On mygov I can see the illness benefit is active but the reality is I have recieved since the 13th of March 350€+207€. This was all the money I had coming in for the last 27 days and I am basically screwed.

I sent an email to them and only got a general reply stating I can't go over the 350€. I tried the helplines all of them are closed. The covid19 openned at 9 I was on hold for an exact hour until the line was disconnected.

So here I am with two emails stating I won't get paid basically implying I'm trying to get more than I'm allowed and with -300€ on one bank account and over 1200€ spent on my credit card.

So I might as well go and trade. Go setup my shop and if the Garda show up I'll show them the emails and hopefully I won't catch the stupid virus in the meantime and die of pneumonia

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    Then you’ll have to ring in the morning and sort it out. There’s obviously a glitch somewhere in the system. Hope you get it. Let us know here what they said to you.

I rang , all they said was we don’t know re apply and don’t be ringing us , that’s great service.

Advertisement