Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I rang , all they said was we don’t know re apply and don’t be ringing us , that’s great service.

That’s a lie. No phone lines open today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Ihavetheaids

Dodge wrote: »
    That’s a lie. No phone lines open today.

Really must have been talking to myself when I rang the Portlaoise office so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Apologies so.

There’s a ‘dedicated’ number here 1890 800 024

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3915af-revised-intreo-office-opening-hours/

Dodge wrote: »
    Apologies so.

There’s a ‘dedicated’ number here 1890 800 024

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3915af-revised-intreo-office-opening-hours/

I tried that one and you are right that one is closed that’s why I chanced my local office

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pinkpotato

Mackwiss wrote: »
    So here's an update on my case. I am self employed and my services not essential.

I have asthma so my doctor got me a note for the Illness Benefit from the 13th to the 26th. I got the 350€ payment everyone got last week and then this last Monday I got 207€. I rang as I found this odd and was told I was one of the lucky ones with a backpayment.

As the payment from the Illness Benefit is only for two weeks I applied online for the covid19 payment. I got refused the first time as I wrote I was out of work since the 13th which was true and I had not recieved any confirmation I was going to get any benefit from Illness.

So I reapplied, this time stating the last time I got paid was on the 26th of March which I took into account now the Illness payment. It got refused again stating I am already on a DEASP benefit and I cannot take another.

The emails state to reapply again and I did so once more now stating my last paid day was 27th. On mygov I can see the illness benefit is active but the reality is I have recieved since the 13th of March 350€+207€. This was all the money I had coming in for the last 27 days and I am basically screwed.

I sent an email to them and only got a general reply stating I can't go over the 350€. I tried the helplines all of them are closed. The covid19 openned at 9 I was on hold for an exact hour until the line was disconnected.

So here I am with two emails stating I won't get paid basically implying I'm trying to get more than I'm allowed and with -300€ on one bank account and over 1200€ spent on my credit card.

So I might as well go and trade. Go setup my shop and if the Garda show up I'll show them the emails and hopefully I won't catch the stupid virus in the meantime and die of pneumonia

Or you could not be so dramatic and go to your CWO and get a supplementary welfare allowance in the meantime of sorting it out, talking face to face with a human would sort the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

I rang , all they said was we don’t know re apply and don’t be ringing us , that’s great service.

Seriously that's an absolute disgrace! I'd ring again and if you get the same response, say you want to escalate the call! Take their full name and details, and state you will be writing a formal complaint if they cannot answer a few simple questions!
    They maybe under pressure but there is no reason to be so ambivalent!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Applied on Monday and got my first payment today, dated the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Applied on Monday and got my first payment today, dated the 14th.

That’s payment for next Tuesday, so next payment will be on the 21st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Great decision to give next weeks payment today. Party all weekend for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

This was never going to go smoothly paying an emergency payment out to 100,000s of people. Firstly there were so many people who applied who weren’t entitled to it but their application had to be processed anyway. Then they’re were the genuine applicants who made mistakes in the application . Then the managers kept changing their minds about who was entitled or not. But you can’t even blame them for that either. Then people were ringing and ringing the helplines for stupid things and stopping genuine queries from getting through. All this was processed by the same staff who deal with the normal volume of calls.
    When you have obviously frustrated customers ringing and verbally abusing staff who can’t do anything for them then it’s very difficult.

• Advertisement

Podge201 wrote: »
    Great decision to give next weeks payment today. Party all weekend for some.

That’s an issue for the banks. EU regulations apply.

Seriously that's an absolute disgrace! I'd ring again and if you get the same response, say you want to escalate the call! Take their full name and details, and state you will be writing a formal complaint if they cannot answer a few simple questions!

To be honest I get it , I work in a job where the public moan at me all day and have been spit at occasions if I called everyone out over their crap I’d have no job permanently, I’m sure the guy was under stress so I’ll let it slide and hope I get a better reception Tuesday , the man might have kids to feed so I’ll let it slide.

Good idea!! Threaten people who are already under pressure in order to make the situation better! You’ve got to let them know who’s boss don’t you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

They should have given us a double payment this week for the holidays seeing as we are so well behaved.

easypazz wrote: »
    They should have given us a double payment this week for the holidays seeing as we are so well behaved.

I’d be happy with one payment , like I didn’t choose to leave work I’d be happy to be out in work now , I’m going to die in ten years anyway so what’s the point in me staying home

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got payed, next payment wont be til 20th/21st April

Can anyone else see them reducing the amount ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got payed, next payment wont be til 20th/21st April

Can anyone else see them reducing the amount ??

They will be reducing it too 120 per week

I’d be happy with one payment , like I didn’t choose to leave work I’d be happy to be out in work now , I’m going to die in ten years anyway so what’s the point in me staying home

Check your inbox, I have received an email to say that the email last night was sent in error to me and that payment will be made next week. Possibly you will have received the same or receive it later today:)

Please stop this nonsense.

Check your inbox, I have received an email to say that the email last night was sent in error to me and that payment will be made next week. Possibly you will have received the same or receive it later today:)

I checked and apparently those emails are faker than my sisters tits

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    Please stop this nonsense.

It’s not nonsense I can 100% guarantee

I checked and apparently those emails are faker than my sisters tits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Go away you silly child.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭touts

Why. Did Leo come to you in a dream and give you a vision of the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

touts wrote: »
    Why. Did Leo come to you in a dream and give you a vision of the future?

He read it on WhatsApp, must be true so .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Clodz6

Hi all

Prior to the pubs shutting down, I had been working in a bar at the weekend, cash-in-hand, as I'm a student.

Can I still apply for the Covid payment or will I be landing myself and my employer in trouble for the cash in hand payments?

Obviously I'm out of work now, so anything would help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Clodz6 wrote: »
    Hi all

Prior to the pubs shutting down, I had been working in a bar at the weekend, cash-in-hand, as I'm a student.

Can I still apply for the Covid payment or will I be landing myself and my employer in trouble for the cash in hand payments?

Obviously I'm out of work now, so anything would help

Tell me you're not studying economics or criminology. You were never working, therefore the cash in hand deal. Apply for jobseekers allowance. And if you're a student, you won't get it as you are not seeking full-time work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Of course it should be reduced. It was a temp measure. Those already on JSB have to make do with €203.

2 tier system for an indefinite period no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

I've been collecting 350 at the PO every Tuesday but I see some people got a double payment into their accounts this week. I'm assuming my payment will be there on Tuesday?

Advertisement