Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

How do you know this? I can't find information on how long this payment lasts?

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/covid19_pandemic_unemployment_payment.html

If you were earning more than 200 you'll get €350 now until 10th August under the current plan. Unknown after that if 350 will be extended or reduced down to normal €203

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Literally if you google pandemic unemployment payment, it comes in first few searches, gov.ie, welfare.ie. Payment in place until 10 Aug....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Pretty sure Aug 10th was the date they said it would run until .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will you be told the amount you're getting each week when the seperate rates come in??

Some weeks I would earn more than €200 others sightly less

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

How long does it take for the application to be processed? I submitted mine 7 days ago and have heard no word back.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Gumbi wrote: »
    How long does it take for the application to be processed? I submitted mine 7 days ago and have heard no word back.

Thanks

I never heard anything, the payment showed up in my account the week after I applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

VG31 wrote: »
    I never heard anything, the payment showed up in my account the week after I applied.

Thanks. In that case, given I submitted the application last Wednesday or Thursday, does it seem reasonable to expect the payments to come in the Tuesday immediately following that? Or perhaps that was too close and I'm more likely to get it *this* Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Thanks. In that case, given I submitted the application last Wednesday or Thursday, does it seem reasonable to expect the payments to come in the Tuesday immediately following that? Or perhaps that was too close and I'm more likely to get it *this* Tuesday?

I applied on a Saturday or Sunday and received the first payment two Tuesdays after that. Based on my experience I reckon you'll get it next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

VG31 wrote: »
    "If you are an employee, the Department will examine your average gross weekly earnings in 2019 and January and February 2020"

Does this take into account weeks that you didn't work? So for example if you earned €400 per week in January but nothing in February is the average €400 or €200?

I suggest you send an email to info@welfare.ie to confirm!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I am back to work Monday do i sign off online Sunday night? if so i take i wont get Tuesdays payment,
    also If you go back to work and sign off the Covid payment of €350, can you sign back for payment if you are lay off again?
    i have also heard im own Bank Holidays, is this correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I am back to work Monday do i sign off online Sunday night? if so i take i wont get Tuesdays payment,
    also If you go back to work and sign off the Covid payment of €350, can you sign back for payment if you are lay off again?

I would wait until Monday when you are actually back in work , just incase there are any last minute glitches that prevents your work place starting back up .

And yes lm pretty sure l read that if you go back and get laid off again you can reapply .

will you be told what rate your getting after the 29th June ??

could be grounds for appeal for some people

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

DEASP advise all recipients to wait until their first day back at work before closing their claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

What is the situation for self employed people who were not taking a salary from the company before C19 started?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I had to apply for the Covid19 payment. Does anyone know, will I get a letter from the department of social protection to say I'm on the payment. I'm applying for a medical card and I need a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Can someone help. My friend is returning to work having been on the covid payment since March. She works FT. Her boss notified her that she needs to ask to be put on the phase 1 return to work scheme because otherwise she will owe 50 euro per week on top of her usual tax once she return. The boss said the government are offering this help to business to open back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Did anybody get any backpay from the pandemic payment yet? Had an issue with social welfare and revenue back in April that stopped my money for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Did anybody get any backpay from the pandemic payment yet? Had an issue with social welfare and revenue back in April that stopped my money for a few weeks.

I’m also interested in this. My payment was held up for the first few weeks even though I had applied from the start. No sign of money here yet. Am back to work since early May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I started back at work on Wednesday gone. And signed off the CovID payment that day. My wage for last week will be in on Friday and I've just received an email saying I won't get tomorrow payment for pup as my employer has applied for for the wage subsidy scheme on my behalf. Is this right? Should my employer made us aware that we are on the scheme. We weren't told it was the government paying us and not our employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    I’m also interested in this. My payment was held up for the first few weeks even though I had applied from the start. No sign of money here yet. Am back to work since early May.

Me too I didn't get paid for 6 weeks in the begining but they were fairly quick on stopping the payment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ms jou will be back to work soon (hospitality sector), she's currently on 350pw covid payment.

Her boss already announced all employees despite getting back to work full time will be paid 100pw less than before pandemic thing.

Sorry if that's already answered, but is she entitled to any compensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

For the self-employed, it doesn't specify how income will be assessed for the two different levels of PUP. Is it the "Amount of income or profits arising for this period" under Schedule D income?

The DEASP do not know so I called Revenue, as they will be providing the income figures, but they're not contactable.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    Interesting that you are back since the beginning of May and still didn't get it. I'm off since March 12th and due back the 29th of this month. I'm owed 5 weeks altogether. I wonder will we ever get it😭

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Me too I didn't get paid for 6 weeks in the begining but they were fairly quick on stopping the payment

Hundred percent no bother to them at all. I couldn't even get through to anyone in the know at the time either. Kept being sent around in circles.

ATC110 wrote: »
    For the self-employed, it doesn't specify how income will be assessed for the two different levels of PUP. Is it the "Amount of income or profits arising for this period" under Schedule D income?

The DEASP do not know so I called Revenue, as they will be providing the income figures, but they're not contactable.

FYI RE: Self-employed - I received an eligibility form to complete on mywelfare.ie on Thursday night, I submitted it on Friday, it required proof of dealings with Revenue in the past or a signed statement if you have no proof of self employment via Revenue. I submitted my Form 11 for 2018 as proof of self employment.

Has anyone else received and completed this eligibility form?

FYI RE: Self-employed - I received an eligibility form to complete on mywelfare.ie on Thursday night, I submitted it on Friday, it required proof of dealings with Revenue in the past or a signed statement if you have no proof of self employment via Revenue. I submitted my Form 11 for 2018 as proof of self employment.

11 June 2020 my response to DEASP

"Thanks, however that’s the information I can confirm on gov.ie, and is straight forward for those that are employees.

My question is in respect to self employed individuals, how will this be deciphered? Self employed people will not always pay themselves a salary dependent on their business priorities."

15 June 2020 response from DEASP

"I have spoken to a supervisor. She advised there is nothing set in place yet for self-employed people and rates etc. Unless they have their taxes up to date and are under or over the €199.99. Please keep an eye on Gov.ie for Press releases on anything related to the rate changes and self-employment."

Do you mean eligibility for the PUP or to decide the rate of payment?

I didn't receive an eligibility form - were you notified by email? I've been self-employed for many years with 2018 being the most recent Form 11 submitted.

Under MyWelfare.ie there are "no active claims" but under Payment History each PUP is listed as an "Exceptional Needs Payment"

Interesting that you are back since the beginning of May and still didn't get it. I'm off since March 12th and due back the 29th of this month. I'm owed 5 weeks altogether. I wonder will we ever get it😭

Hundred percent no bother to them at all. I couldn't even get through to anyone in the know at the time either. Kept being sent around in circles.

17 JUNE 2020

My query to the DEASP
    "I would like to confirm when back payment of the COVID-19 PUP will be made"

18 JUNE 2020

Response from DEASP
    "Thank you for your email. As of yet we have not been advised of a timeframe for the issuing of any 'back-payments' due.

We would encourage you to keep an eye on our website and social media as we will advise the moment we receive the update."

11 June 2020 my response to DEASP
    "I have spoken to a supervisor. She advised there is nothing set in place yet for self-employed people and rates etc. Unless they have their taxes up to date and are under or over the €199.99. Please keep an eye on Gov.ie for Press releases on anything related to the rate changes and self-employment."

DEASP couldn't my question about the definition of profit when I called them.
    Revenue are closed to phone-calls also.

I'm trying to preempt being wrongly assessed at the lower rate but there doesn't seem any facility to find out what rate has been allocated to you

so it's deff 2 payments of €350 left (23rd and week starting 29th) and then for those still on it will be getting divided

Not sure when I'll be back in work

• Advertisement

Interesting that you are back since the beginning of May and still didn't get it. I'm off since March 12th and due back the 29th of this month. I'm owed 5 weeks altogether. I wonder will we ever get it��

Do you mean eligibility for the PUP or to decide the rate of payment?

I didn't receive an eligibility form - were you notified by email? I've been self-employed for many years with 2018 being the most recent Form 11 submitted.

Under MyWelfare.ie there are "no active claims" but under Payment History each PUP is listed as an "Exceptional Needs Payment"

Both eligibility for continuation of payment and rate of payment from my understanding of completing the form! I received it via mywelfare.ie and it instructed to have it returned by this Wednesday! I became self-employed mid 2018 with nil trade for that year as I had to form my company due to the type of contract work I do!

Same on my payments history - I can see PUP listed as both PUP on some occasions but mostly Exceptional Needs Payment.

NOTE: the request stated "One of the conditions for receipt of this payment is that the date last worked was on or after 6th March 2020."

Are you reporting VAT to Revenue or some other form of declaration between January and March of this year, possibly Revenue have been able to validate you by this means?!

Advertisement