Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You have to confirm your eligibility before the 13th July. Your asked basic enough questions.

Are they contacting people to do this or is it up to the person to contact them or whats the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Are they contacting people to do this or is it up to the person to contact them or whats the craic?

You should recieve a text, email notification to go onto my welfare and complete eligibility. Once submitted you'll receive confirmation. I assume after that if there's additional questions some may contact you

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

You should recieve a text, email notification to go onto my welfare and complete eligibility. Once submitted you'll receive confirmation. I assume after that if there's additional questions some may contact you

Yeah that’s exactly it. I filled it out last night. Just 4/5 multiple choice questions. Then they say they get back in contact with you if any further information is required

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Still receiving emails about " Not meeting criteria" for PUP even though I am back to work 3 weeks. Is this just a generic email I can unsub from?

I got the email saying there's a form to fill out by the 13th or my payment will be cut off, even though I cancelled it nearly 2 weeks ago, presume it's just automated and sent to everyone on the system?

Still receiving emails about " Not meeting criteria" for PUP even though I am back to work 3 weeks. Is this just a generic email I can unsub from?

I wouldn't unsub just incase you need this facility again, I'd say its a systems issue, there's am 1890 number you could call and an email support address, that might be a better faster option

• Advertisement

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Yeah that’s exactly it. I filled it out last night. Just 4/5 multiple choice questions. Then they say they get back in contact with you if any further information is required

I got ahead of myself, filled it out yesterday morning on hearing news, then last night got the email notification, assumed I hadn't completed it, filled it out again this morning and noticed I had done it correctly originally so they've 2 identical eligibility confirmations, I hope I've not messed it up. I'm guessing the system hadn't picked up first form or they just sent out 430k notifications late yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I got ahead of myself, filled it out yesterday morning on hearing news, then last night got the email notification, assumed I hadn't completed it, filled it out again this morning and noticed I had done it correctly originally so they've 2 identical eligibility confirmations, I hope I've not messed it up. I'm guessing the system hadn't picked up first form or they just sent out 430k notifications late yesterday

I filled it out yesterday morning and still got the notification that evening so it must have gone to everyone.

VG31 wrote: »
    I filled it out yesterday morning and still got the notification that evening so it must have gone to everyone.

Yes, looks that way, a well 2 for the price of one I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

Got a notification via my welfare.ie that my payment is being reduced to the lower rate. The DEASP has assessed my income after capital allowances have been deducted.

There is an appeals process by post which needs to be made within 21 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I filled out the eligibility form yesterday and received confirmation of completion. Around 1am last night received a notification saying to fill it out which I presume is automated. I clicked on complete now again but backed out of it and when I logged into mywelfare just now it said that the form has not been fully completed yet, but I presume thats just because I clicked complete when I received the notification? If I received the confirmation notification I shouldn't have to fill it out again right? TIA

• Advertisement

ATC110 wrote: »
    Got a notification via my welfare.ie that my payment is being reduced to the lower rate. The DEASP has assessed my income after capital allowances have been deducted.

There is an appeals process by post which needs to be made within 21 days.

Sorry to hear this, I was wondering how and would people be notified prior to next payment. We're you working part time prior to lockdown?

They say their decision is made based on payroll from revenue, I think it's based on earning from last Jan/Feb

I filled out the eligibility form yesterday and received confirmation of completion. Around 1am last night received a notification saying to fill it out which I presume is automated. I clicked on complete now again but backed out of it and when I logged into mywelfare just now it said that the form has not been fully completed yet, but I presume thats just because I clicked complete when I received the notification? If I received the confirmation notification I shouldn't have to fill it out again right? TIA

You will know if you've completed correctly as they send a notification to your my welfare inbox. It will say completed successful, you don't need to do anything further. It can be a few hrs to recieve notifications

Sorry to hear this, I was wondering how and would people be notified prior to next payment. We're you working part time prior to lockdown?

They say their decision is made based on payroll from revenue, I think it's based on earning from last Jan/Feb

For self-employed it's the 2018 tax return

You will know if you've completed correctly as they send a notification to your my welfare inbox. It will say completed successful, you don't need to do anything further. It can be a few hrs to recieve notifications

Ah perfect I got that after completing the form, but was just worried when it came up saying to finish completing the form as I had pressed "complete now" again but should be ok! Thanks for replying!

For self-employed it's the 2018 tax return

Good to know, thanks, I wondered about how they'll work out payments for self employed.

I just closed my P.U.P payment. I dated my return to work date as 04/07/2020 (tomorrow; Saturday).

Will i get a payment on Tuesday, does anyone know? or will it be a case that the payment I got this week is the last one I'll have gotten?

I just closed my P.U.P payment. I dated my return to work date as 04/07/2020 (tomorrow; Saturday).

Will i get a payment on Tuesday, does anyone know? or will it be a case that the payment I got this week is the last one I'll have gotten?

You should has the payments are in arrears, also payments seem to be processed on Thursdays so I'm guessing your fine, Enjoy being back to work.

Have there been any suggestions the PUP might be extended beyond 10th August?

Also, I expected to be asked to sign a GDPR release by Revenue before they forwarded my tax return to the DEASP but I wasn't.

Is this a potential GDPR breach or is information sharing between government departments permitted?

Have there been any suggestions the PUP might be extended beyond 10th August?

Also, I expected to be asked to sign a GDPR release by Revenue before they forwarded my tax return to the DEASP but I wasn't.

Is this a potential GDPR breach or is information sharing between government departments permitted?

Pascal was interviewed on morning ireland today and whilst he seemed to suggest the wage subsidy won't end suddenly he was less than committal regarding the PUP, my gut feeling will be that anyone on PUP will have show either a commitment from their employers that a Job is still in existence or possibly the government will force employers to put all laid off staff on the wage subsidy. I'm just surmising but at best there might be a short extension of pup. The wage subsidy scheme is more palatable from a statistical point of you albeit costing far more than the pup and in essence creating a false economy.

Re sharing of data. Government departments have been sharing data for years, I'm sure they got an excemption from GDPR requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The social are slow enough getting back to you by email

If I owned money they be fairly quick about it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Has anyone been permanently laid off? Trying to sign up for a springboard course but I need proof of being unemployed.

I can order a payment statement, but I'm still waiting on first payment due next week. But a previous poster has said they haven't had any update online regarding payments in about a month, so will next week's payment even show up on a payment statement.

They really don't make things easy.

Has anyone been permanently laid off? Trying to sign up for a springboard course but I need proof of being unemployed.

I can order a payment statement, but I'm still waiting on first payment due next week. But a previous poster has said they haven't had any update online regarding payments in about a month, so will next week's payment even show up on a payment statement.

They really don't make things easy.

The first thing you should be aware of is you can not be on PUP if permanently laid off, the payment is for anyone temporarily laid off, so word of caution.

I mentioned pup payments not updated on your my welfare portal, you can however request an up to date statement of all and any payments but you have to have a full mygovid account. Easy to set up but access code only sent by post so a few days wait. Once requested, the statement is sent to your my welfare inbox

The first thing you should be aware of is you can not be on PUP if permanently laid off, the payment is for anyone temporarily laid off, so word of caution.

I mentioned pup payments not updated on your my welfare portal, you can however request an up to date statement of all and any payments but you have to have a full mygovid account. Easy to set up but access code only sent by post so a few days wait. Once requested, the statement is sent to your my welfare inbox

That's weird because someone rang me from the department telling me I was awarded the Covid payment.

Are you sure? gov.ie says

You can apply for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment if you:

are aged between 18 and 66 years old and
    currently living in the Republic of Ireland and
    have lost your job due to the COVID-19 pandemic or
    have been temporarily laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic and
    worked in the Republic of Ireland or were a cross border frontier worker and
    are not in receipt of any employment income

That's weird because someone rang me from the department telling me I was awarded the Covid payment.

It is weird, the PUP was initially awarded to anyone who was in employment, including part time prior to the full lock down,.

However it is made very clear that anyone who is now laid off permanently, must close payment and apply for Standard JSA.

Indeed Welfare are now contacting all PUP receipents to verify their eligibility, this must be completed by the 13th July, 2 very specific questions are asked.

Expected time of return to work
    Have you been in touch with your employer.

I'm not doubting your circumstances but it's very odd that you have been awarded PUP if permanently laid off as you seem to suggest

It is weird, the PUP was initially awarded to anyone who was in employment, including part time prior to the full lock down,.

However it is made very clear that anyone who is now laid off permanently, must close payment and apply for Standard JSA.

Indeed Welfare are now contacting all PUP receipents to verify their eligibility, this must be completed by the 13th July, 2 very specific questions are asked.

Expected time of return to work
    Have you been in touch with your employer.

I'm not doubting your circumstances but it's very odd that you have been awarded PUP if permanently laid off as you seem to suggest

They don't make anything clear. The post above has a list of situations which someone can fall under, which includes losing employment. There's nowhere online that says if you were permanently laid off, you must close your payment.

Are you sure? gov.ie says

You can apply for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment if you:

are aged between 18 and 66 years old and
    currently living in the Republic of Ireland and
    have lost your job due to the COVID-19 pandemic or
    have been temporarily laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic and
    worked in the Republic of Ireland or were a cross border frontier worker and
    are not in receipt of any employment income

The cross border bit is also incorrect I believe, I could be wrong but there was contraversy over this at the start, namely you had to be RESIDENT in the Republic of Ireland, meaning anyone from the north working down south lost out. I don't recall if this was ever corrected

The cross border bit is also incorrect I believe, I could be wrong but there was contraversy over this at the start, namely you had to be RESIDENT in the Republic of Ireland, meaning anyone from the north working down south lost out. I don't recall if this was ever corrected

Yeah v confusing, most government sites are stating that job losses do count including the gov.ie site and citizensinformation. Liz Canavan also stated during the press conference that "there has been no change to the criteria for receipt of the PUP, and that once claimants are fully unemployed, they will continue to receive it until the scheme is due to expire on 10 August." , taken from RTE here: https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0701/1150850-covid-payment/

Regardless, might be best to just screenshot some of these things incase anybody gets into trouble

They don't make anything clear. The post above has a list of situations which someone can fall under, which includes losing employment. There's nowhere online that says if you were permanently laid off, you must close your payment.

I do agree it was not very clear but under the options relating to possible benifits it does list JSA, short term hours support etc.

I'm no expert but have gone through the T&C's and its clear to me, if your still temp laid off your covered, if fully laid off, permanently unemployed, you have to close PUP and apply for JSA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mosii

Hi,so will they notify us if the pup is going to be reduced?

Advertisement