Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

No payment today and Mywelfare has not been updated since last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Saz2020 wrote: »
    No payment today and Mywelfare has not been updated since last week.

Have you full access to payment history? Should show last payment upto, normally a week behind date of payment, payment date would be Friday I think, also double check "awarded" still showing, if both correct, I think it's a banking issue, 1st of the month seems a common issue with electronic transfers to certain banks.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

The Covid Awarded section has disappeared also so dont think its a bank issue. looks like ive been cut off

Saz2020 wrote: »
    The Covid Awarded section has disappeared also so dont think its a bank issue. looks like ive been cut off

Very odd, and you've not received any emails, notifications etc? It may require an urgent call to find out what's happened, I'd be shocked if they just cut you off without notifying you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

I am the same no payment this morning is there a special number for PUP or local office.

• Advertisement

kerryjack wrote: »
    I am the same no payment this morning is there a special number for PUP or local office.

The number for DEASP income support for Covid is 1890 800 024, have you been able to check any changes on your mywelfre account? any notifications etc

No new notification no email no nothing.

No new notification no email no nothing.

Do you have full access (full my gov account?), if you have you can see payment history etc, is your claim still showing awarded?

Really shocked anyone's payment would be stopped without notification etc

Yes I have last notification was in July to confirm eligibility.

Yes I have last notification was in July to confirm eligibility.

And is claim still showing awarded? Also check payment history, as explained early, should show when last payment processed, a week in arrears. This said, I recall new accounts took quite a while for payment history to be updated, main thing is if your still seeing awarded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

Trying to budget out the rest of the year: in terms of the changing payment rates and the payments being a week in arrears, does that mean that the last payment of €350 will be on Tuesday the 22nd, and then from Tuesday the 29th it'll be dropped to €300?

VERY IMPORTANT FOR ANY NEW PUP CLAIMS.

It's become apparent anyone being laid off re Covid-19 and we're previously on TWSS needs to insure their employers have removed them from TWSS before applying for PUP, payment will be declined otherwise as you can't be on both. It may sound obvious but I've been in touch with a few people who were let go, only to discover their employers had not removed them from TWSS. in particular if you are finishing and say have holidays owed, employers may not remove you from TWSS until next payroll, in essence even though let go, your still on TWSS until final payroll received. Its crazy as Holidays are accrued but DEASP verify with revenue, all claims to insure claimants not on a different scheme. Just a heads up to everyone.

stopalerttwss@welfare.ie is the email address for employers to take employees leaving off TWSS, special thanks to you know who :)

Lyle wrote: »
    Trying to budget out the rest of the year: in terms of the changing payment rates and the payments being a week in arrears, does that mean that the last payment of €350 will be on Tuesday the 22nd, and then from Tuesday the 29th it'll be dropped to €300?

Sounds right Lyle but not entirely sure, anyone else have a thought on this?

Dempo1 wrote: »
    And is claim still showing awarded? Also check payment history, as explained early, should show when last payment processed, a week in arrears. This said, I recall new accounts took quite a while for payment history to be updated, main thing is if your still seeing awarded?
    Ya they cut me off as I was signing on for credits and never sighned off credits when I started work in January and finished in 28 March when government closed down my place of work so have to reaply again for PUP. Ok probably saved themselves 2 weeks covid payment. Now I can't seem to be able to log in to my welfare to reapply.

Ya they cut me off as I was signing on for credits and never sighned off credits when I started work in January and finished in 28 March when government closed down my place of work so have to reaply again for PUP. Ok probably saved themselves 2 weeks covid payment. Now I can't seem to be able to log in to my welfare to reapply.

Just bizzare, I can understand the credits issue but surely they could have done a repayment deal rather than stopping PUP without notice, seems very harsh in my humble opinion, hopefully you'll get sorted out.

I was signing on for credits I wasn't getting any payment,I was a stay at home dad and went back to work in January and never though you would have to sighn off credits I thought it would be done automatically.

I was signing on for credits I wasn't getting any payment,I was a stay at home dad and went back to work in January and never though you would have to sighn off credits I thought it would be done automatically.

When did you sign up for PUP? you mentioned you got an eligibility notification in July? When pup launched in March it was chaos with little or no checking, I'd have assumed by Juky they were checking everything and your credits payment would have shown up, we're you actually getting any payment from SW other than PUP? iif not it seems ludicrous they couldn't have advised you to close the credit issue off?

Was getting covid payment since march 28 confirmed elegability in july and no email or notice, now I have 4 kids all of my own making, but it's not nice to cut someone off like that with no notice.

Was getting covid payment since march 28 confirmed elegability in july and no email or notice, now I have 4 kids all of my own making, but it's not nice to cut someone off like that with no notice.

Sorry to hear this, it is not good, I'm sure it will be sorted, it may not help but have welfare advised of any emergency payment options given your circumstances, Community welfare officer etc? There's normally one attached to local health centres, just as an aside given you've got 4 kids also, would another social welfare payment not be a better option, I'm no expert re benefits as such but I'd have thought there would be more appropriate benefits available to you and family. Good luck regardless.

Sorry to hear this, it is not good, I'm sure it will be sorted, it may not help but have welfare advised of any emergency payment options given your circumstances, Community welfare officer etc? There's normally one attached to local health centres, just as an aside given you've got 4 kids also, would another social welfare payment not be a better option, I'm no expert re benefits as such but I'd have thought there would be more appropriate benefits available to you and family. Good luck regardless.
    Thank you for your kind words no we are not entitled to any other welfare as OH works so we are back to a 1 income family, I will reapply again and see will I get anything, not much work around these parts at the moment but we will make do with what we have. The extra 350 was spent locally out and about so they didn't only hit me they hit local economy as well but we be fine.

• Advertisement

Thank you for your kind words no we are not entitled to any other welfare as OH works so we are back to a 1 income family, I will reapply again and see will I get anything, not much work around these parts at the moment but we will make do with what we have. The extra 350 was spent locally out and about so they didn't only hit me they hit local economy as well but we be fine.

Well not all bad with the OH working, best of luck anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

Not sure if this is the right place for this. But my friend was working full time for 3.5 years and was temporarily laid off back in May and has been on the PUP since then.
    They have just been informed that the job still do not have enough work available to bring them back into work.
    What are my friends rights in terms of redundancy? Surely if there is no work for 4 months now they should make my friend redundant? It looks like they just want my friend to leave themselves.

Jess2019 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place for this. But my friend was working full time for 3.5 years and was temporarily laid off back in May and has been on the PUP since then.
    They have just been informed that the job still do not have enough work available to bring them back into work.
    What are my friends rights in terms of redundancy? Surely if there is no work for 4 months now they should make my friend redundant? It looks like they just want my friend to leave themselves.

More an employment law question but briefly, statutory redundancy entitlement kicks in after 2 years service, but at present redundancies as such have been temporarily suspended due to the pandemic crisis, there's no affect on employees rights, entitlements etc, just a holding off as such. In your friends situation it will be the employers decision regardless and its important to note, small businesses reluctant to offer it as they can not claim back this expense were as they used to be able too.

Seperately if a company ceases trading etc, statutory Redundancy is then handled by DEASP.

My gut feeling is your friend will just need to wait and see. I presume they are claiming PUP?

More info here re redundancy and Covid-19

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_during_covid19_restrictions.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Tell friend to hold until 17th September as the emergency legislation on redundancy is in effect until then. It might be extended again but if it is it would be ridiculous as its removing employees rights and some employers will take advantage to reduce redundancy payments by hoping some employees will leave of own accord.

Tell friend to hold until 17th September as the emergency legislation on redundancy is in effect until then. It might be extended again but if it is it would be ridiculous as its removing employees rights and some employers will take advantage to reduce redundancy payments by hoping some employees will leave of own accord.

It's a fair point re taking advantages etc, but I believe ultimately employee rights will be protected, I do anticipate an avalanche of redundancies soon & possibly a flood of cases at the WRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

So my friend has been offered a new job, which starts at the end of September. So he will be holding out until the 17th of September. If the legislation is extended its very unfair. How can they expect people to stay temporarily laid off in receipt of the PUP? He has suffered a loss of income, and has had to pull out of buying a house. If he starts a new job he will be giving up his employment rights and right to redundancy. That surely cannot be right

So my friend has been offered a new job, which starts at the end of September. So he will be holding out until the 17th of September. If the legislation is extended its very unfair. How can they expect people to stay temporarily laid off in receipt of the PUP? He has suffered a loss of income, and has had to pull out of buying a house. If he starts a new job he will be giving up his employment rights and right to redundancy. That surely cannot be right

It's not right or fair but sadly it's a result of the pandemic, rightly or wrongly government policy dictated this and yes leaving one job for another does not permit transfer of entitlement as would be the case in normal circumstances.

It remains to be seen but there might be a test case regarding those who had no choice but to leave jobs in these circumstances but equally there hasn't exactly been a glut of new jobs available. I really don't anticipate any employers volunteering redundancies at present or in the near future to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭doc22

VERY IMPORTANT FOR ANY NEW PUP CLAIMS.

It's become apparent anyone being laid off re Covid-19 and we're previously on TWSS needs to insure their employers have removed them from TWSS before applying for PUP, payment will be declined otherwise as you can't be on both. It may sound obvious but I've been in touch with a few people who were let go, only to discover their employers had not removed them from TWSS. in particular if you are finishing and say have holidays owed, employers may not remove you from TWSS until next payroll, in essence even though let go, your still on TWSS until final payroll received. Its crazy as Holidays are accrued but DEASP verify with revenue, all claims to insure claimants not on a different scheme. Just a heads up to everyone.

stopalerttwss@welfare.ie is the email address for employers to take employees leaving off TWSS, special thanks to you know who :)

REgardless of TWSS if you employed by anyone you'll get no PUP

doc22 wrote: »
    REgardless of TWSS if you employed by anyone you'll get no PUP

If you took more time to read my post, you'd understand the reason behind it, namely incidents of people being laid off, let go, immediately applied for PUP,, which is their entitlement, not realising their emoyer/former employer had neglected to remove them from TWSS on payroll, resulting in their PUP claim being rejected, hope this clarifies the post and reasons for same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭doc22

If you took more time to read my post, you'd understand the reason behind it, namely incidents of people being laid off, let go, immediately applied for PUP,, which is their entitlement, not realising their emoyer/former employer had neglected to remove them from TWSS on payroll, resulting in their PUP claim being rejected, hope this clarifies the post and reasons for same.

There's no such thing as a separate TWSS payroll

Advertisement