Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

doc22 wrote: »
    There's no such thing as a separate TWSS payroll

I'll type slowly.....

People, being laid off/let go, previously being paid by their employers availing of TWSS, now need to sign up for PUP, so far so good?

Employers supposed to remove said employees off TWSS when laying off or letting go an employee, but neglect or forget too. So far not so good??

Former employees get a notification from SW rejecting PUP application because their employer/ former employer has not removed them fully from the TWSS scheme, almost there..........

Employer has to be contacted & reminded to remove emplyee/ former employee off TWSS as no one can be on two schemes at once.

Hopefully this will clarify the matter, it's really not that difficult to comprehend.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭doc22

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I'll type slowly.....

People, being laid off/let go, previously being paid by their employers availing of TWSS, now need to sign up for PUP, so far so good?

Employers supposed to remove said employees off TWSS when laying off or letting go an employee, but neglect or forget too. So far not so good??

Former employees get a notification from SW rejecting PUP application because their employer/ former employer has not removed them fully from the TWSS scheme, almost there..........

Employer has to be contacted & reminded to remove emplyee/ former employee off TWSS as no one can be on two schemes at once.

Hopefully this will clarify the matter, it's really not that difficult to comprehend.

There's no magic button to remove someone from TWSS your either receiving payment from you employer or you aren't.

The DEASP must want cease dates entered no more then in the past wanted p45s .

doc22 wrote: »
    There's no magic button to remove someone from TWSS your either receiving payment from you employer or you aren't.

The DEASP must want cease dates entered no more then in the past wanted p45s .

Not so, again, read back on my initial post, employers must email Revenue, advise employee now off TWSS, final confirmation submitted with payroll after employee has ceased or been laid off, this post started as a result of two contributors who got caught out after applying for PUP on being laid off. Indded it was SW who actually supplied the email address after they rejected to PUP applications. P. 45 having nothing to do with PUP applications incidentally, not required for applications and besides most on PUP are technically still employed but laid off and would not be furnished with a P45.

Anyway, the point of initial post was to give a heads up to anyone applying for PUP having just being laid off and being PREVIOUSLY paid via TWSS, to insure all the boxes ticked etc, it's only about being helpful, not being Pedantic, it's a learning curve for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NotAPerson

Hi,

I am a third level full-time student who is doing his final year of college. Due to this pandemic I had to stop my part-time of sales assistant job because in the past I had a lung infection and pneumonia in 2017. Due to this condition, i am more vulnerable to this virus. For this reason I started my PUP payment in April 2020 and I am still on it. After discussing my health issue, Me and my employer had agreed to keep me on the payroll as a lay off while I am not coming to work. Recenty, I found out that my employer has ceased my employee status, so I am not working anywhere. As the pandemic is not fully ended yet, I don't feel safe to start work again in public dealing area such as sales assistants.

My questions are;

- Am I still eligible for this PUP payment as I don't have an employer anymore or do I have to have an employer in the backgorund keeping as a layoff?

- Should I go back to my employer to explain my problem again and ask him to put back in the work place as a lay off?

I need your help as I am not an expert in these things!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,489 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When is PUP extended until?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Archieboy13

My employer has just announced that 50% of staff are going to be laid off due to downturn in business because of covid. Am I correct in thinking that if the staff who are being laid off are not informed before the 17/9/20 , they will not be entitled to covid payment as the lay off will be after the cut off date .

My employer has just announced that 50% of staff are going to be laid off due to downturn in business because of covid. Am I correct in thinking that if the staff who are being laid off are not informed before the 17/9/20 , they will not be entitled to covid payment as the lay off will be after the cut off date .

It's an interesting question but as it stands, NO new claims for PUP after 17th September, there is no mention of employers notifications etc. I would advise those colleagues laid off to get cracking and apply, sorry to hear this.

Edit, please note you can't apply until day of lay off

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Quick question. Company using Ewss which is probably of no relevance. I am on a 30 hour contract. Working 30% of our normal hours at moment due to pandemic. When I get a weeks annual leave should my holiday pay consist of the full 30 hours or the reduced working time?

• Advertisement

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Quick question. Company using Ewss which is probably of no relevance. I am on a 30 hour contract. Working 30% of our normal hours at moment due to pandemic. When I get a weeks annual leave should my holiday pay consist of the full 30 hours or the reduced working time?

Not really a question for this Thread, however holiday pay should be treated as such, Employers are getting a flat rate of either €150 or €203 per week depending on their earnings. For the purposes of payroll, your holiday pay should be treated as normal, there is no permission given either to reduce hourly rates, Actual salaries or Holiday entitlements, so if you take a weeks holidays next week, your payslip should reflect this and you should be paid 5 days holidays. I belive unlike TWSS, EWSS does not show on your payslip. This is my understanding, others may have a different opinion.

If you search boards for TWSS of EWSS there's threads dealing with this an all related questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ryan Kelly

I am applying for PUP payment this Saturday the 12th. I have to fly to Scotland on the 13th to visit my grandma who lives alone and needs help with shopping etc. Do I inform Social Welfare about it? I wont officially be in the receipt of PUP but I could get the first payment while Im still in Scotland. Can anyone advise me on that? cheers

Ryan Kelly wrote: »
    I am applying for PUP payment this Saturday the 12th. I have to fly to Scotland on the 13th to visit my grandma who lives alone and needs help with shopping etc. Do I inform Social Welfare about it? I wont officially be in the receipt of PUP but I could get the first payment while Im still in Scotland. Can anyone advise me on that? cheers

You've raised a curious & complex question, by default if you apply on the 12th and travel on the 13th, I'm guessing youve entered the process so would technically be on the system albeit awaiting approval. Secondly, it's doubtful you'll get first payment until at least a week, thirdly, are you aware travel to the Great Britain is not advised, I understand its Scotland your going too but with the exception of Northern Ireland, Travel to Great Britain is by all accounts not advised, I'm assuming this includes Scotland (as much as I hate to say it) . This raises additional concerns, namely do you have to self isolate on return and I just don't know the answer, maybe others may.

If you do, that's a problem because whilst travel to green listed countries for those on PUP and SW is permitted for up to 2 weeks, as Great Britain is not on the green list, and you may have to self isolate, PUP may be stopped.

Finally, the DEASP have stated they would ask anyone on PUP or SW benifits to advise in advance of Travel, I don't believe you will be classified as being on the system until PUP approved but you'll be in a bind if having to self isolate on return as you'll be on the system then and you will need to fill in details for contact tracing purposes.

Not as straight for as you may have hoped I'm afraid. Link below re Green list

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/8868e-view-the-covid-19-travel-advice-list/

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I applied last Friday for PUP and have heard nothing at all from them. Should I have heard something by now?

I applied last Friday for PUP and have heard nothing at all from them. Should I have heard something by now?

That seems a long time, take Friday, Sat, Sunday out of the equation, they should have looked at application by now. Did you apple through the mywelfare portal? have you logged in, check notifications and status?, if postal application, a week minimum.

If you've done it through mywelfare, log in a check.

That seems a long time, take Friday, Sat, Sunday out of the equation, they should have looked at application by now. Did you apple through the mywelfare portal? have you logged in, check notifications and status?, if postal application, a week minimum.

If you've done it through mywelfare, log in a check.

I applied online ive also logged in several times to check it. I tried to phone but end up waiting a long time and hang up.

I applied online ive also logged in several times to check it. I tried to phone but end up waiting a long time and hang up.

That's a concern, normally a few days required. I presume you've met all the CRITERIA? Are you an employee or self employed?

Employee
    Employed prior too or after March 13th?
    Laid off, let go because of Covid?

Just one issue I've raised before, we're you on the TWSS scheme with employer? I ask because some claimants were, they were then let go, signed up for PUP, employer neglected or forgot to remove them from TWSS? and pup application declined.

On the Plus side, if you have not been declined, it could be no notifications being sent and fingers crossed you will get payment next Tuesday. At the very start, there was no notification as such, payment was just lodged. This was at a time were it was chaotic, I'm just guessing they would now be notifying people either way but maybe not. Hopefully no news is good news

That's a concern, normally a few days required. I presume you've met all the CRITERIA? Are you an employee or self employed?

Employee
    Employed prior too or after March 13th?
    Laid off, let go because of Covid?

Just one issue I've raised before, we're you on the TWSS scheme with employer? I ask because some claimants were, they were then let go, signed up for PUP, employer neglected or forgot to remove them from TWSS? and pup application declined.

On the Plus side, if you have not been declined, it could be no notifications being sent and fingers crossed you will get payment next Tuesday. At the very start, there was no notification as such, payment was just lodged. This was at a time were it was chaotic, I'm just guessing they would now be notifying people either way but maybe not. Hopefully no news is good news

I'm an employee, employed since December 2019. Last in, 1st let go kind of thing. My boss just doesn't have the funds anymore to keep us all here, yes I'm hoping no news is good news

I'm an employee, employed since December 2019. Last in, 1st let go kind of thing. My boss just doesn't have the funds anymore to keep us all here, yes I'm hoping no news is good news

Really sorry to hear this, I do think it will be fine, I've seen other posts/Threads whereby the department are quick enough to notify of a decline so I think no news is good news. If you don't hear anything by Tuesday, check your bank account to see if a payment lodged (payments processed (Thursday /Friday) for transfer, good luck and fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Hi folks. If someone is on the Covid payment (€200) for part time workers and they take up full time education, do they still receive Covid payment until April 2021 or does it cease when in college or doing a plc ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Thanks beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Hi folks. If someone is on the Covid payment (€200) for part time workers and they take up full time education, do they still receive Covid payment until April 2021 or does it cease when in college or doing a plc ? Thanks

Usually you can't and it ceases, however I am in the exact same situation as yourself. Contacted them a week and a bit ago and no response yet. It's confusing because it says students are eligible yet you also have to be able to seek work so it's contradictory really. Next step is to contact the students Union and try to get an answer from them really and see if they can push for a proper response.

Usually you can't and it ceases, however I am in the exact same situation as yourself. Contacted them a week and a bit ago and no response yet. It's confusing because it says students are eligible yet you also have to be able to seek work so it's contradictory really. Next step is to contact the students Union and try to get an answer from them really and see if they can push for a proper response.

I agree with the principle of Student and Returning to full time education but my advice is do nothing. The Payment was geared towards those, including students working part time and Seperately full time employed and self employed.

There has been no announcements or decisions and I presume alot of students, even returning to full time studies would ideally have a part time job. In essence the criteria has not changed albeit "The must be genuinely looking for work rule" was added, it does not specify Full Time work. PUP is not a typical SW payment. So I would just wait and see what if any announcements are made re Students, Just a humble opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I agree with the principle of Student and Returning to full time education but my advice is do nothing. The Payment was geared towards those, including students working part time and Seperately full time employed and self employed.

There has been no announcements or decisions and I presume alot of students, even returning to full time studies would ideally have a part time job. In essence the criteria has not changed albeit "The must be genuinely looking for work rule" was added, it does not specify Full Time work. PUP is not a typical SW payment. So I would just wait and see what if any announcements are made re Students, Just a humble opinion :)

You've been very knowledgeable and accurate so far so I'm going to stick with your opinions! :)

You've been very knowledgeable and accurate so far so I'm going to stick with your opinions! :)

Well thank you :)

I'm as new this kinda thing as most but I've hopefully learned quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Crustycat

Don't know if I'm right to post this here but am just wondering if anyone can shed some light for me on this. I'm currently getting 75% of the BTWEA and the lower 203 rate of PUP. I've been trying to get contracts, but it's been going nowhere. Is it possible for me to apply for rent supplement? I know it would be quicker than HAP and I'm starting to struggle a bit. I know I qualify for HAP but my current flat would in no way pass an inspection and I expect I could get somewhere better with HAP in the new year.

Crustycat wrote: »
    Don't know if I'm right to post this here but am just wondering if anyone can shed some light for me on this. I'm currently getting 75% of the BTWEA and the lower 203 rate of PUP. I've been trying to get contracts, but it's been going nowhere. Is it possible for me to apply for rent supplement? I know it would be quicker than HAP and I'm starting to struggle a bit. I know I qualify for HAP but my current flat would in no way pass an inspection and I expect I could get somewhere better with HAP in the new year.

Difficult one as there's so many variables, means testing etc for rent allowance, also, it's doubtful that PUP will be considered as its not a standard social welfare payment, it's a stand alone temporary payment. I'm afraid you may need to ask SW directly regarding Rent Allowance entitlement.

Edit, take a look at this link, in particular Rent Supplement and Covid-19, there's no mention of PUP as such but it seems to say if you've been impacted, you might just qualify but it's vague and as you mentioned, they may look at your accommodation etc, good luck but worth persuing.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html#lb623b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Both myself and my son have been referred for a test. Has anyone applied for covid illness? Is it straightforward?

• Advertisement

jrosen wrote: »
    Both myself and my son have been referred for a test. Has anyone applied for covid illness? Is it straightforward?

It is but you'll have to await test result, if it's enhanced illness payment it requires a specific medical cert from your GP, claim can not be processed without it. Also, I'm unsure if this payment is ending on the 17th September like PUP is, I'll check and revert back.

Yes payment continuing until March 2021 by the looks of it, more details at this link

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/covid19_enhanced_illness_benefit.html

Advertisement