Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

mogilvie wrote: »
    It doesn't sound correct, based in the info you have stated. See citizens advice.

Citizens information link here.

Eligible if:

Has she received payslips from her employment in July, and do they show any PRSI payments made against them?

See @Dempo1 response below
    Link to relevent page here:

Does income from employment cover a local authority pension?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Everyone on social welfare PUP etc will get Christmas bonus .
    The only people who won’t get the bonus are those working.

It's late, I'm not going to get into a tiresome back and forth but suffice to say, not only will those lucky enough to have retained employment, likely get their standard Christmas bonus unless of course they work for scrounge, but those unlucky enough to be on PUP through zero fault of their own, will not just have lost out on a Christmas bonus but an actual wage, again through no fault of theirs.

I really don't think it helpful to compare or judge long term unemployed so I won't.

Finally PUP recipients have not been immune from cuts either and I doubt any are getting anywhere near what they earned in those Jobs lost because of this awful pandemic.

Unlike a normal recession people are trapped, students can't support their education, graduates can't travel for opportunities, Employees of many sectors are penalised because of a chosen profession. A little perspective and objectivity always wise before formulating any opinion.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

PMBC wrote: »
    Does income from employment cover a local authority pension?

Not sure what your asking? Local authority pension? Is your query in right thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Crustycat

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

My point is, there is a debate to whether those on pup should get it whole they toss it out to long term wasters. You dont see the irony? Years of the kind of **** from fg, the party for the taxpayer etc, stand over...

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    My point is, there is a debate to whether those on pup should get it whole they toss it out to long term wasters. You dont see the irony? Years of the kind of **** from fg, the party for the taxpayer etc, stand over...

Fair enough, I miss understood and thought there was criticism of PUP recipients, apologies.

The long term unemployed and bonus entitlement is another debate, I'm just reluctant to be critical of anyone on long term benefits as there are many reasons for those situations. I guess more and more may find themselves long term unemployed if this crisis doesn't end soon.

It's not that long ago when the shocking financial crisis and economic collapse affected many who never thought their entire lives could be turned upside down as a result.

And I'm certainly no fan of Leo or FG (We're all in this Together) not.....

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭2010RACHEL

What about people who were qualified to get PUP but advised as have children dependents to apply for jobseekers benefit after being made redundent due to covid? Will they be entitled to a Christmas bonus or is it just 4 month on pup or long term unemployed.

Serena a bit unjust that a couple of both on pup could be coming in with 1400 in a week and a family with kids on much less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Is there anyway to check online if my pup application has been approved? I got a message last Friday to say it was being reviewed but nothing since, I completely understand they're probably up the walls at the moment with all the people reapplying last week.

2010RACHEL wrote: »
    What about people who were qualified to get PUP but advised as have children dependents to apply for jobseekers benefit after being made redundent due to covid? Will they be entitled to a Christmas bonus or is it just 4 month on pup or long term unemployed.

Serena a bit unjust that a couple of both on pup could be coming in with 1400 in a week and a family with kids on much less.

It's a difficult one, it was thought initially those with dependents were better off on JSA/JSB which is probably true now since the PUP cuts. Sadly its now obvious anyone on JSA/JSB for less than 4 months or indeed PUP won't get the bonus, but I'm guessing those who initially chose to go the JSA /JSB Route at the initial stages will get it.

Is there anyway to check online if my pup application has been approved? I got a message last Friday to say it was being reviewed but nothing since, I completely understand they're probably up the walls at the moment with all the people reapplying last week.

I'm assuming you applied via mywelfare portal) Unfortunately it doesn't seem they notify apart from Review, Declined, Approved (and sometimes approved doesn't show before first payment issued), all I can advise is check your mywelfare account or call the 1800 number listed.

Re application itself, if you applied say on a Friday or weekend , generally the application process won't commence until Monday. Also keep in mind it's paid a week in arrears. When approved generally first payment is on Tuesday morning via bank. Some payments such as enhanced illness have been paid in on different days. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Help appreciated

My parents have to self isolate for 14 days and will be out of work. I will try set up their PUP payment online

Neither has a public service card to register on Mygov.id. Is there anything else that can be done to set it up ?

thanks

Help appreciated

My parents have to self isolate for 14 days and will be out of work. I will try set up their PUP payment online

Neither has a public service card to register on Mygov.id. Is there anything else that can be done to set it up ?

thanks

Sorry to hear this. My advice is set up a basic mywelfare account for each parent, no public service card required. You'll need separate email address and mobile number for both and have to hand for verification. After this, search enhanced illness benefit and apply. You'll need their PRSI numbers also.

The benefit will require a medical cert or proof of text, letter etc confirming self isolatation advice. Hope this helps but be careful to keep all info, passwords etc and do one application at a time.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this. My advice is set up a basic mywelfare account for each parent, no public service card required. You'll need separate email address and mobile number for both and have to hand for verification. After this, search enhanced illness benefit and apply. You'll need their PRSI numbers also.

The benefit will require a medical cert or proof of text, letter etc confirming self isolatation advice. Hope this helps but be careful to keep all info, passwords etc and do one application at a time.

Thanks . I have set 2 basic accounts set up but it wont allow me apply . They need to be fully verified and need their public service card in order to do so . A joke really . They've worked all their lives so dont have one. I think i'll ring up and query if it can be applied for over the phone

Thanks . I have set 2 basic accounts set up but it wont allow me apply . They need to be fully verified and need their public service card in order to do so . A joke really . They've worked all their lives so dont have one. I think i'll ring up and query if it can be applied for over the phone

I wasn't aware you required the public service card to apply for this, you certainly don't need it for PUP,, I'll take a look, main thing is you have their MyWelfare accounts set up,

I've checked most recent customer updates and there is no mention of a requirement for public service card for the Enhanced illness benefit. The contact details for section dealing with this below, they might clarify this as I've never heard of this on previous posts.

Illness Benefit contact centre
    If you are unsure about whether you submitted your application form or medical certificate, you can contact the Illness Benefit section on (01) 704 3300 or 1890 928 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone else have an issue that get Xs and Os and have been laid off ?

I've checked most recent customer updates and there is no mention of a requirement for public service card for the Enhanced illness benefit. The contact details for section dealing with this below, they might clarify this as I've never heard of this on previous posts.

Illness Benefit contact centre
    If you are unsure about whether you submitted your application form or medical certificate, you can contact the Illness Benefit section on (01) 704 3300 or 1890 928 400.

Yeah i 100% cant verify their accounts without the a PSC. I will ring them now thanks . Forget about the timeframe it would take to get a PSC. They cant even apply for one yet as they cant leave the house . Crazy

Rang them . They will post out a form today . They just fill it in and send it back . Which is fine

Yeah i 100% cant verify their accounts without the a PSC. I will ring them now thanks . Forget about the timeframe it would take to get a PSC. They cant even apply for one yet as they cant leave the house . Crazy

I'm really surprised by this, the whole idea of being able to set up a basic mywelfare account was to bypass the requirements for a PSC as they had suspended applications for these cards because of the pandemic.

There's absolutely no mention of a requirement for this card for this benefit, I'm wondering is it got to do with completing mywelfare account? Did you get any notifications went setting the accounts? Hopefully when you call they can clarify this. They may allow you email details. ( important to note, one thing if they do, send info as if its each parent doing it) they advise against claiming on behalf of someone else.

I wonder has anyone on this Thread come across this issue?

Rang them . They will post out a form today . They just fill it in and send it back . Which is fine

That's good, I'm still genuinely surprised at this development. Just a final comment, did you set up a mygov or mywelfare account?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone else have an issue that get Xs and Os and have been laid off ?

In what context? Are you asking if anyone laid off continuing submitting X&O"s?

That's good, I'm still genuinely surprised at this development. Just a final comment, did you set up a mygov or mywelfare account?

Ignore my stupidity . I got it all working fine online now

Ignore my stupidity . I got it all working fine online now

:) that's a relief, you had me totally confused, phew that's a relief and delighted for you. Good luck and hope parents get over this OK. :)

All sorted for the minute

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All sorted for the minute

Great

• Registered Users Posts: 86,488 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Everyone on social welfare PUP etc will get Christmas bonus .
    The only people who won’t get the bonus are those working.

Has this been confirmed?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed?

Not quite, those on PUP for 4 months or more get it, new PUP claims won't, important aside, if you went off and had to go back on PUP, assuming total time on it combined is 4 months or more will qualify (albeit, I can see that being a battle to fight), SW recepients will also get it and the normal 15 month criteria waived for this year only and if your on a payment for 4 months or more up to 1st December, you'll get it. The cut off date to meet 4 month criteria is apparently 1st December

The social don't make it easy

Because of the clinical error and missing out on a weeks covid. I had to fill out another form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

And the point your raising is?

That long term dolers should not be getting a bonus for laziness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

You can call this hear say . I was told that PUP payments can be claimed from abroad from those who have former PPS numbers . There is no check on the PPS number and that the person is actually in Ireland !! The letters sent out from the DSP to the given address signatures can be forged by a friend or relative here .

Advertisement