Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Did anyone receive their payment today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

koolis02 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive their payment today?

I got mine in Ptsb, my daughter didn’t get hers into Ulster Bank. €350 payment restored from this payment as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I got mine in Ptsb, my daughter didn’t get hers into Ulster Bank. €350 payment restored from this payment as well.

Hi, yes on other threads people reporting they got paid today, looks like it's a bank holiday thing but not all banks process electronic transfers on weekends, I'm with KBC and don't recieve any payments generally on a weekend or bank holidays, so perhaps it's tge same with Ulster Bank

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm with ulster Bank, paid in today.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'm with ulster Bank, paid in today.

Hmmmm, curious, some with Ulster Bank getting it and some not today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Yup AIB mine was there this morning.

Strange. I applied Wednesday, with PTSB but still haven't received it...

I doubt yours would be processed that quickly, normally takes a few days and payment file issued to banks on Thursdays, I'd say it will be next payment cycle which is over a week away

I applied about 10pm Wednesday night. This is my second time applying for PUP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, curious, some with Ulster Bank getting it and some not today

My daughter just checked again, hers is in now.

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    My daughter just checked again, hers is in now.

This is getting bizzare but delighted :)

jrosen wrote: »

Yes, I'm guessing it's to late for this week, keep in mind PUP also paid in arrears

jrosen wrote: »

Yeah I applied early Wednesday morning and still haven't received, its my second time applying too. Hoping its to do with my bank as Tuesday week is very far off :eek:

Yeah I applied early Wednesday morning and still haven't received, its my second time applying too. Hoping its to do with my bank as Tuesday week is very far off :eek:

I really don't think applications done on Wednesday would be processed in time for this payment cycle? I hope I'm wrong but it certainly takes a few days for applications to be processed and payment file for this cycle already sent (usually Thursdays).

I really don't think applications done on Wednesday would be processed in time for this payment cycle? I hope I'm wrong but it certainly takes a few days for applications to be processed and payment file for this cycle already sent (usually Thursdays).

I think a poster above said they got their payment today and applied Wednesday night?

I think a poster above said they got their payment today and applied Wednesday night?

Apologies, got confused with reply, gosh if so that was fast :) what bank are you with?

Apologies, got confused with reply, gosh if so that was fast :) what bank are you with?

Im with Permanent Tsb
    However was just looking back on old posts and saw eligibility has changed, I started my current job at the start of March. Got the PUP the first time but see its different criteria now?
    I worked on and off in different employment in 2019, i.e worked for June/Jul/Aug and then Oct/Nov... Is this enough for them to go off?

Im with Permanent Tsb
    However was just looking back on old posts and saw eligibility has changed, I started my current job at the start of March. Got the PUP the first time but see its different criteria now?
    I worked on and off in different employment in 2019, i.e worked for June/Jul/Aug and then Oct/Nov... Is this enough for them to go off?

Damn, yes criteria changed and they look at earnings for 2019 & or Jan/Feb 2020.

I can't be sure if the 5 months you worked will be enough but it's based on average earnings for the purposes of deciding rate, my guess would be if approved, you'll be on the lower rate of €203. Have you had any notification re decline or seeking more info? I've learned no news is good news, they don't notify of approval so hold tight, you might be OK

Damn, yes criteria changed and they look at earnings for 2019 & or Jan/Feb 2020.

I can't be sure if the 5 months you worked will be enough but it's based on average earnings for the purposes of deciding rate, my guess would be if approved, you'll be on the lower rate of €203. Have you had any notification re decline or seeking more info? I've learned no news is good news, they don't notify of approval so hold tight, you might be OK

Nope haven't had any notifications from them yet. Just going to hold tight. Thanks for all your help

Nope haven't had any notifications from them yet. Just going to hold tight. Thanks for all your help

No problem, gosh it's been busy on PUP threads today, good luck :)

• Advertisement

Yes really fast, I was surprised myself as didnt expect it.

Koolis02 hopefully you will hear something

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got a €350 payment today
    I imagine won't get another one til the 3rd November

Surprised if got the €350 rate, was getting €300 the last 2 weeks

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Got a €350 payment today
    I imagine won't get another one til the 3rd November

Surprised if got the €350 rate, was getting €300 the last 2 weeks

Nice one, yes a lot seem to have recieved payment today and some not, looks like it's a bank holiday thing. Your rate increases based on the decision to increase if you earned over €400 before going on pup.

Just curious if anyone has access to their payment history in mywelfare, you need to have a full mygovid account to see this.

Trying to help someone out, their payment history last update showing 20th October for payment period 9-15th October. They didn't get payment today, it maybe their bank, I'm not sure. Basically last update was last weeks payment 20th Oct.

So if anyone got payment today and can check payment history to see what dates showing, I know it may not be updated, she's anxious on hearing some have been paid, thanks in advance, if anyone can check appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just curious if anyone has access to their payment history in mywelfare, you need to have a full mygovid account to see this.

Trying to help someone out, their payment history last update showing 20th October for payment period 9-15th October. They didn't get payment today, it maybe their bank, I'm not sure. Basically last update was last weeks payment 20th Oct.

So if anyone got payment today and can check payment history to see what dates showing, I know it may not be updated, she's anxious on hearing some have been paid, thanks in advance, if anyone can check appreciate it.

Nope only showing 9-15th. I presume it will show the payment we got today on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I got paid today but mywelfare is showing my last payment as the 20th.

Nope only showing 9-15th. I presume it will show the payment we got today on Tuesday

Your a star (as always), it's a neighbour and she's panicking, but its her bank I reckon so that's great and thanks for the quick response, really really appreciated :)

I got paid today but mywelfare is showing my last payment as the 20th.

Thanks so much, really appreciate the response, this will put my neighbor at ease, really appreciate quick response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 seanm1995

Hey just wondering does anyone know do new Jobseekers alowance payments (not PUP) get paid directly to bank accounts? I recently applied and am hoping to get approved soon and put in my bank details on the online application but am getting mixed messages as to whether or not they are paid directly into bank or post office.

• Advertisement

seanm1995 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering does anyone know do new Jobseekers alowance payments (not PUP) get paid directly to bank accounts? I recently applied and am hoping to get approved soon and put in my bank details on the online application but am getting mixed messages as to whether or not they are paid directly into bank or post office.

JSA is not automatically paid into a bank account, I know there was some leeway due to Covid-19 but I believe SW do not automatically allow payments into bank account and require claimants to collect at nominated post office. They do permit bank payments for those claming reduced hours, but I don't believe this to be the case for full JSA. Others may have further advice or thoughts. PUP is generally paid into bank but its not a standard SW benefit as such. Other benifits, illness, disability etc can be paid into bank.

Advertisement