Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Guirimasguiri

Hey, I figured I'd post on here in case anyone could help me out.

So, I applied for JSA back in mid October. Last week they got back to me asking for additional information which I duly provided. Then earlier today I logged into my account to see if there had been any progress with the application when I saw that it was labelled "In progress". I clicked on it thinking that they wanted even more information only to see that it was a brand new application. There is no sign of the other one, even though I am 100% sure that I had submitted it.

Does anyone else have experience with this happening? My first thought was that my initial application was rejected but surely they would have sent me a notification if that were the case. I've emailed the online application office but who knows when they'll get back to me. My fear is having to start from scratch and losing out on the 6 weeks back payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hey, I figured I'd post on here in case anyone could help me out.

So, I applied for JSA back in mid October. Last week they got back to me asking for additional information which I duly provided. Then earlier today I logged into my account to see if there had been any progress with the application when I saw that it was labelled "In progress". I clicked on it thinking that they wanted even more information only to see that it was a brand new application. There is no sign of the other one, even though I am 100% sure that I had submitted it.

Does anyone else have experience with this happening? My first thought was that my initial application was rejected but surely they would have sent me a notification if that were the case. I've emailed the online application office but who knows when they'll get back to me. My fear is having to start from scratch and losing out on the 6 weeks back payment.

I'm afraid mywelfare portal not particularly reliable with regards to updates when making an application or indeed closing one. Indeed they only seem to notify people when seeking additional info.

My best advice and for peace of mind is call your local intero centre in the AM and seek definitive update on claim. I can tell you there has been inordinate delays in relation to JSA applications, some over 7 weeks, this seems to be as a result of the large amount of PUP applications. Make that call in the AM, if approved, your claim is backdated from initial claim application date, they will have a record of this date. good luck :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

Hi!
    Is anyone else having issues logging into mywelfare.ie via mygovid? been trying since Wednesday and to no avail?!

Hi!
    Is anyone else having issues logging into mywelfare.ie via mygovid? been trying since Wednesday and to no avail?!

There was maintainence on the 11th Nov but no other reports of it being down, I'm not near my computer to check, what error message are you receiving if any, are you receiving the SMS verification? Maybe some on here with access might try and see if they are having issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Working fine here @13.00hrs

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »

That was quick, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

When they pay arrears is it full amount? Neighbour is on 350 a week and owed 3 weeks, so is it 350 x 3?

Its a disgrace Joe!

d51984 wrote: »
    When they pay arrears is it full amount? Neighbour is on 350 a week and owed 3 weeks, so is it 350 x 3?

To be honest, it remains to be seen, they've said arrears will be paid but not clear if full or part arrears being paid on the 8th. There's, by all accounts massive amounts owed and my guess is it may be staggered. Based on some stories, some are owed well over a €1,000, also the Christmas bonus being paid so it's really a wait and see I'm afraid.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    That was quick, thanks :)

Thank you ... the issue I have is after the code comes through and it populates the field ... it doesn't load my account ... it just stands still?!

Thank you ... the issue I have is after the code comes through and it populates the field ... it doesn't load my account ... it just stands still?!

Hi, oddly enough I had that same issue a few months back but it sorted itself out. It might require a call to their tech support team, there's a number and email listed. Just as a thought thought, I wonder are you trying to access through a computer or phone? At a guess and I'm not an IT person, if it's a computer, maybe try and clear cache, cookies etc, close bowser and try again. I've check mygovid and it's working fine so I think it might be your computer or equipment, either way, if no joy, try the support number, Good Luck

• Advertisement

Hi, oddly enough I had that same issue a few months back but it sorted itself out. It might require a call to their tech support team, there's a number and email listed. Just as a thought thought, I wonder are you trying to access through a computer or phone? At a guess and I'm not an IT person, if it's a computer, maybe try and clear cache, cookies etc, close bowser and try again. I've check mygovid and it's working fine so I think it might be your computer or equipment, either way, if no joy, try the support number, Good Luck

Hi!
    I worked out the issue, my iPhone and MacBook automatically populate the field ... this used to work in the past and the account would automatically load, however I have identified now that the number needs to be manually typed in and the account will load as normal ... happy I know now and can access it again :)

Hi!
    I worked out the issue, my iPhone and MacBook automatically populate the field ... this used to work in the past and the account would automatically load, however I have identified now that the number needs to be manually typed in and the account will load as normal ... happy I know now and can access it again :)

Modern Technology, what would you do without it :), glad your sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

The back dated payments, does it go back as far as lock down 1 or just the more recent? One of my work colleges was over 3 weeks waiting on her PUP first time round.

jrosen wrote: »
    The back dated payments, does it go back as far as lock down 1 or just the more recent? One of my work colleges was over 3 weeks waiting on her PUP first time round.

Not very clear, at a guess they will stagger back payments as the amounts involved are substantial, also Christmas bonus being paid next week. Whilst they might pay everyone owed arrears in one go, I think it's likely staggered, this is only a guess.

Hi all, just hearing Some PUP recepients being contacted By SW via letter seeking confirmation they still eligible. Basically people being asked have they been contacted by employers about a return date to work, employer details, line manager contact details, proof of address etc. This is being done via letter with email address being given for response. 2 people I've been in touch with recieved letters today with 2 days to respond. Anyone else aware of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Hi all, just hearing Some PUP recepients being contacted By SW via letter seeking confirmation they still eligible. Basically people being asked have they been contacted by employers about a return date to work, employer details, line manager contact details, proof of address etc. This is being done via letter with email address being given for response. 2 people I've been in touch with recieved letters today with 2 days to respond. Anyone else aware of this?

No havent recieved any letter.
    I'm on PUP since it started.
    Work in the 'wet pub' industry!

md323 wrote: »
    No havent recieved any letter.
    I'm on PUP since it started.
    Work in the 'wet pub' industry!

Thanks for that :), I've a few people I know who've received letters this morning, mainly of student age. I'm guessing it's a sample audit.

Gosh your industry has been hammered, just shocking, hope your keeping positive, I know easy to say but you get my meaning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Thanks for that :), I've a few people I know who've received letters this morning, mainly of student age. I'm guessing it's a sample audit.

Gosh your industry has been hammered, just shocking, hope your keeping positive, I know easy to say but you get my meaning :)

Nothing here yet anyway. Hopefully nothing will come either

Nothing here yet anyway. Hopefully nothing will come either

Hi there :) thanks for that, I'm just trying to get a sense is it a wide audit or aimed at specific profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Construction workers can't be got seemingly, I have heard that a lot of the ould boys are enjoying there time off and taking some time out ****ty time of year in construction anyway. I went back when I got the call but there is plenty that didn't I suppose it's hard to blame them in away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Nothing here yet and I have been on it since the start, another hospitality worker :(

Nothing here yet and I have been on it since the start, another hospitality worker :(

Thanks for that, hospitality also hit hard, I spent over 30 years in it and have to scar"s to prove it :) keep positive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

By the little info they have given out about back payments it should be tomorrow that people will see money in their accounts. And those that are less straightforward should come into their accounts in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed people will see a few pound in their accounts tomorrow

Lashes28 wrote: »
    By the little info they have given out about back payments it should be tomorrow that people will see money in their accounts. And those that are less straightforward should come into their accounts in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed people will see a few pound in their accounts tomorrow

I believe its the 8th when first payments on arrears being paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

I believe its the 8th when first payments on arrears being paid?

Hmm sorry edit on that, I have a screenshot confirming what I just said but a quick Google says otherwise!
    Conflicting info not sure anymore

rapul wrote: »
    Hmm sorry edit on that, I have a screenshot confirming what I just said but a quick Google says otherwise!
    Conflicting info not sure anymore

No problem, eitherway it the arrears being paid is a welcome development, particularly with Christmas around the corner :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Regarding arrears, do you need to apply for them? My wife was receiving the payment, but it was 5-6 weeks before we got her on it (didn't think she qualified at first). She's not been on the payment for a few months now, but we never got any word on those missed few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How much will the xmas bonus be ??

Sadly my workplace is staying closed for another few weeks and im very greatful for the PUP esp around this time of year

Lets hope for lesser lockdowns for 2021 and we go back to normal

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Regarding arrears, do you need to apply for them? My wife was receiving the payment, but it was 5-6 weeks before we got her on it (didn't think she qualified at first). She's not been on the payment for a few months now, but we never got any word on those missed few weeks.

Did she apply and not get paid? Or did she not apply for the 5/6 weeks and then get paid?
    Many people applied (mine was delayed due to "incorrect" bank details) and didn't get paid for weeks and only got that weeks payment. So that's where the arrears are from. They won't pay if you hadn't applied

Advertisement