Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How much will the xmas bonus be ??

Sadly my workplace is staying closed for another few weeks and im very greatful for the PUP esp around this time of year

Lets hope for lesser lockdowns for 2021 and we go back to normal

Whatever rate you are on ,you will get a double next week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Did she apply and not get paid? Or did she not apply for the 5/6 weeks and then get paid?
    Many people applied (mine was delayed due to "incorrect" bank details) and didn't get paid for weeks and only got that weeks payment. So that's where the arrears are from. They won't pay if you hadn't applied

We didn't apply till 5-6 weeks into the scheme, as we didn't realise she qualified. Guess that means no arrears then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How much will the xmas bonus be ??

Sadly my workplace is staying closed for another few weeks and im very greatful for the PUP esp around this time of year

Lets hope for lesser lockdowns for 2021 and we go back to normal

About threefiddy....... Or a double week if you're on less

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Kiith wrote: »
    Regarding arrears, do you need to apply for them? My wife was receiving the payment, but it was 5-6 weeks before we got her on it (didn't think she qualified at first). She's not been on the payment for a few months now, but we never got any word on those missed few weeks.

I believe its automatic but sadly history suggests there's gaurenteed complications ahead. I'd advise wait and see if payment is lodged to her account, should be next week. If your wife was on TWSS at any stage there maybe delays, they've flagged this as an issue.

If she wanted to check in advance, perhaps she could email them or call, there's a number listed, fingers crossed it will be straight forward, But.............. If you know what I mean

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

rapul wrote: »
    Hmm sorry edit on that, I have a screenshot confirming what I just said but a quick Google says otherwise!
    Conflicting info not sure anymore

https://www.moneyguideireland.com/payment-of-pup-arrears.html

• Advertisement

Well hopefully but the use of the word "Could" doesn't inspire confidence, main thing is the problem finally getting attention, shocking few if any media outlets mentioned it let alone politicians.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Well hopefully but the use of the word "Could" doesn't inspire confidence, main thing is the problem finally getting attention, shocking few if any media outlets mentioned it let alone politicians.

Will let ye all know if I'm a rich woman or not in the morning...😅

Will let ye all know if I'm a rich woman or not in the morning...😅

I'll pm my bank details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Im owed a good few weeks in pup arrears (5 or 6).
    I'll believe it when I see it. Tbh

Money is in my account (ulster bank, always between 9.30 - 10) and I got an extra week, I applied the first day and didn't get it week 1 so I'm guessing it's that.

Good luck everyone

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Money is in my account (ulster bank, always between 9.30 - 10) and I got an extra week, I applied the first day and didn't get it week 1 so I'm guessing it's that.

Good luck everyone

Excellent, delighted :)

Meh got nothing just my regular money.

How many weeks are you owed?

Dempo1 wrote: »
    How many weeks are you owed?

My welfare app says I applied 13th March. And my first bank payment is 14th April. I'm not sure how many weeks it is.

My welfare app says I applied 13th March. And my first bank payment is 14th April. I'm not sure how many weeks it is.

At a guess 4 weeks although mywelfare can be confusing, there's also the fact payment is a week in arrears. I wouldn't worry yet, I think it's going to staggered, keep positive :)

Came through as 2 separate payments for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Ulster Bank here. Payment always comes through monday evening at about 9.30.
    I got my usually 350 and also 203 I was 'owed' from the very first week of lockdown. Two seperate payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got my usual and then another payment called arrears with the date 02-08 Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

Anything for BOI yet??

I got 553? Like where is the random numbers coming from.

• Advertisement

I got 553? Like where is the random numbers coming from.

Good you got extra, was there seperate payments or just one amount? I suppose the arrears is the extra amount to include your normal payment but that wouldn't add up to 4 weeks, I see others got separate payments with one stating arrears, not sure if you can check with bank or mywelfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just checked my bank account and there was a €300 lodgement. Completely unexpected as I'm no longer on the PUP but I'll take it at this time of the year.

Just checked my bank account and there was a €300 lodgement. Completely unexpected as I'm no longer on the PUP but I'll take it at this time of the year.

Fantastic, that looks like anyone no longer on PUP are also getting their arrears, good news and great timing to recieve it :)

It was a separate payment. My gov says it was a payment to cover 13th March until 26th? Which was a Thursday. I'm so confused. Are they easy to get through? I might give them an email just to see where they are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I'm looking forward to paying extra taxes to pay for the record Christmas bonus this year, despite never receiving a Christmas bonus myself. You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

GazzaL wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to paying extra taxes to pay for the record Christmas bonus this year, despite never receiving a Christmas bonus myself. You're welcome.

I'm also looking forward to paying my taxes now that I'm back in work. Its just unfortunate it's in a job that isn't even close to the field I'm trained in.

GazzaL wrote: »

Always intriguing these silly posts when people get rare good news. Just so your aware (as your clearly not), PUP recepients will and have been paying their Taxes and the payment + the Bonus is liable to tax. I'm quite sure we'll all be happy to help you pay your so called extra taxes.

"The Mind Boggles"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Got extra too! Odd number. Usual pup payment and then a 203 payment?

jrosen wrote: »
    Got extra too! Odd number. Usual pup payment and then a 203 payment?

I reckon it will be a confusing day ahead, we're you owed much arrears? Weeks, Days? Good you got extra but hard to know at this stage if people are getting what's owed fully or in staggered amounts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Not overly sure. Thought one week only. Finished up work same time as the kids and my first pup payment was March 31st. But I still got one payment after I returned to work even though I signed off my first day back.

Advertisement