Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

jrosen wrote: »
    Got extra too! Odd number. Usual pup payment and then a 203 payment?

I reckon it will be a confusing day ahead, we're you owed much arrears? Weeks, Days? Good you got extra but hard to know at this stage if people are getting what's owed fully or in staggered amounts?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Not overly sure. Thought one week only. Finished up work same time as the kids and my first pup payment was March 31st. But I still got one payment after I returned to work even though I signed off my first day back.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    It was a separate payment. My gov says it was a payment to cover 13th March until 26th? Which was a Thursday. I'm so confused. Are they easy to get through? I might give them an email just to see where they are coming from.

Yes, there's support numbers and email address listed, might be difficult to get through today, The amount and dates doesn't appear to be what your owed, was it not a full month?, again it just be staggered payments but at least some progress

Not overly sure. Thought one week only. Finished up work same time as the kids and my first pup payment was March 31st. But I still got one payment after I returned to work even though I signed off my first day back.

Yes that would be correct, payment is a week in arrears if that makes sense

I'm also looking forward to paying my taxes now that I'm back in work. Its just unfortunate it's in a job that isn't even close to the field I'm trained in.

Well said :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

GazzaL wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to paying extra taxes to pay for the record Christmas bonus this year, despite never receiving a Christmas bonus myself. You're welcome.

I will enjoy drinking champagne and eating caviar on your taxes. Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭d51984

Neighbour just txted me, she got 1050. Delighted for her.

Im lucky enough to be still working but im delighted for everyone who got a few bob today. Nice little bonus before xmas. Lift peoples spirits up for a bit.

Happy Tuesday all.

Its a disgrace Joe!

d51984 wrote: »
    Neighbour just txted me, she got 1050. Delighted for her.

Im lucky enough to be still working but im delighted for everyone who got a few bob today. Nice little bonus before xmas. Lift peoples spirits up for a bit.

Happy Tuesday all.

Excellent, thanks for the update :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

What's the reasons for the back payments?

Pretty sure mine came through the week after I applied back in March.

E36Ross wrote: »

Many, many didn't, some went weeks without, there's also a seperate issue when rates were reduced and appealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Didn't get anything apart from the usual Pup payment. I'm definitely owed payments. I'm hoping it's because my case isn't the most straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Didn't get anything either bar normal payment, due about a week

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Didn't get anything apart from the usual Pup payment. I'm definitely owed payments. I'm hoping it's because my case isn't the most straightforward.

Morning, we're you on TWSS at any stage? SW have advised there may be delays in some Arrears due to this or as you've mentioned more complex cases

Didn't get anything either bar normal payment, due about a week

Morning, it's looking likely that they are staggering payments of arrears, also seems some getting full amounts, some not full amounts

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Morning, we're you on TWSS at any stage? SW have advised there may be delays in some Arrears due to this or as you've mentioned more complex cases
    Yes I was on the TWSS for a little while.
    . I was on the PUP from March 12th-July1st.
    I was back to work from July- September
    and I'm now out of work again due to the pandemic.
    There was a overlap revenue issue with my claim back in lockdown 1.
    They thought I was being paid by my employer when I wasn't recieving a penny from anywhere.
    The same thing happened to a minority around that time and was acknowledged in the media.
    I waited a month for my first claim. It came through for 2 weeks and then they cut me off for 2 weeks.
    I'm on pUP again since September and waited 2 weeks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Yes that would be correct, payment is a week in arrears if that makes sense

Yes definitely only owed one week. The amount is odd. Wish it was explained better.

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Yes I was on the TWSS for a little while.
    . I was on the PUP from March 12th-July1st.
    I was back to work from July- October and I'm now out of work again due to the pandemic.
    There was a overlap revenue issue with my claim back in lockdown 1.
    They thought I was being paid by my employer when I wasn't recieving a penny from anywhere.
    The same thing happened to a minority around that time and was acknowledged in the media.
    I waited a month for my first claim. It came through for 2 weeks and then they cut me off for 2 weeks.
    I'm on pUP again since September and waited 2 weeks for that.

Yes, that's exactly the problem, SW have said there will be delays in cases like yours. I wouldn't worry at the moment so keep positive :)

Yes definitely only owed one week. The amount is odd. Wish it was explained better.

O, I know but then there would be no need for this Thread :) we couldn't have that now, could we :) good luck, have a great Christmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Do you get double if your on the wage subsidy scheme or is it just pup?

bush wrote: »

Not sure what you mean? If your on any wage subsidy scheme you can't be on PUP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

E36Ross wrote: »

You would be in the vast vast minority.

bush wrote: »
    If you've been on pup for more than 17 weeks this year you'll get an extra week on the 8th.
    No mention of a bonus for TWSS I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Marie2020

Am I entitled to pup arrears-there was a 6 week ago between when I was eligible to when i applied. I had a close family bereavement and wasnt able for anything.

I emailed deasp when I did apply to explain my a situation and they acknowledged my email saying arrears would be paid. But nothing received today.

Marie2020 wrote: »
    Am I entitled to pup arrears-there was a 6 week ago between when I was eligible to when i applied. I had a close family bereavement and wasnt able for anything.

I emailed deasp when I did apply to explain my a situation and they acknowledged my email saying arrears would be paid. But nothing received today.

A little tricky, firstly sorry for the bereavement. Am I understanding you waited 6 weeks to apply? Whilst I appreciate you have an email, I'd be a bit concerned that you would only be entitled to arrears from the date of actual application. What I mean is, if you applied say on the 1st and didn't receive any payment for three weeks, the arrears would be three weeks.

I can't see how you might be entitled for a 6 week period prior to your application for whatever reason? Maybe I'm not understanding your post, if you could clarify?

That's the issue, I waited 6 weeks to apply . So I think i have a case at all?

I mean I don't think I have a case at sll

Marie2020 wrote: »
    That's the issue, I waited 6 weeks to apply . So I think i have a case at all?

Hmmmm, I just don't know, historically SW don't consider dates prior to an actual application date, it's always been the rule of Thumb to apply immediately for a scheme albeit I understand your predictiment at the time.

My humble advice is to save that email, I Hooe I'm wrong but if its a case you have to chase this promise they'll obviously be looking for proof of Layoff, no earnings and perhaps details surrounding your bereavement. SW are reasonable in genuine cases but will insist on evidence. It's probably chaotic today with some Arrears being paid out so maybe wait a day or so. I would then make contact querying your entitlement to arrears.

Worth also pointing out, not everyone has recieved arrears today, there are delays for some who were on TWSS schemes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Anyone know the best email to contact regarding arrears?

Advertisement