Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi all, I am returning to work next Thursday. If I close my payment on Thursday will I receive it the following Tuesday? Thanks

Morning, yes is the simple answer as the payment is paid a week in arrears. If you've had 17 weeks of PUP in total you should also qualify for the Christmas bonus, also being paid next week. Good luck :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Morning, yes is the simple answer as the payment is paid a week in arrears. If you've had 17 weeks of PUP in total you should also qualify for the Christmas bonus, also being paid next week. Good luck :)

Thank you 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bit odd for my arrears

The date on the statement i requested is the 2-8 Oct in which i received €300 but i got the same amount when i applied for the Exceptional needs payment when i had the issue when Lockdown 2 started. Not complaining and if they made an error they will contact me no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Assuming the bonus is just for people still on the payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Assuming the bonus is just for people still on the payment?

You have had to had an active claim from 27th November to 3rd December. And had 17 weeks on the payment since the beginning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭figrolls123

Anyone with PTSB who gets paid into bank account not receive it yet? Mine usually comes in at midnight of a Wedns and Mygov shows it as awarded

Anyone with PTSB who gets paid into bank account not receive it yet? Mine usually comes in at midnight of a Wedns and Mygov shows it as awarded

I presume your referring to PUP? I understood payments hit bank accounts on late monday/early Tuesday, dependent on your financial institution, I'd not heard of payments hitting accounts on Wednesday as a norm? , in the past, some claimant's did recieve delayed payments, first time claim payments on Thursday /Friday as a once off but then payment reverts to standard Monday evening /Tuesday morning. The actual day payment should be received is Tuesday according to SW.

I've not seen any issues with payment not received across various threads so it may just be your bank?, particularly if mygov saying awarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

On the MyGov website, I'm selecting "Change my payment method" and then "Change Now". It then brings me back to the Welcome back screen and to Verify my account. When I call them, they say I'm already verified but here we are. Do you really need a Public Service card to be verified? Seems ridiculous and unbelievably inconvenient if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

Is the bonus deffo tomorrow?

Its a disgrace Joe!

d51984 wrote: »
    Is the bonus deffo tomorrow?

It's a bit like the tooth fairy, will they come, will they not :)

Yes is supposed to be the Answer, but..... This assumes no glitches

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

Just received a txt from neighbour. Bonus is in. Shes in TSB.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Ulster Bank here. Bonus paid

Bonus in my payment section on mywelfare :D:D

Enjoy folks Happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I didn’t get my payment yet, so looked on mygov page and nothing there. So just looking through website and went into where you sign off payment, and realised that on Tuesday when I returned to work I clicked ‘being paid by employer’ rather than ‘returning to work ’. I feel soooooo stupid and a bit sick tbh, money was spent in my head, just needed to tell someone, will have to ring them in the morning. Hopefully it’ll get sorted soon enough.

Folks, can someone clarify something for me?

I was on the PUP for a good while in march/april. Then i had to go back on it again for the entirety of this recent level 5. I was on it enough to qualify for the Christmas bonus.

I could get back to work when level 5 lifted, so on Nov. 30th I signed off the payment, saying id be back to work on Dec 1st. So on Tuesday Dec 1st i got paid €350 + €203. I presumed the 350 was my last PUP and 203 was the xmas bonus (the flat rate of the dole?).

All was grand, but when I woke up today, i had an extra 700 in my account. Which I got confused by, and figured maybe i didnt sign off properly.

I rang Social Welfare to offer back the 700, and the girl on the phone told me i could keep it - they pay the PUP 1 week in arrears, and that this was my final payment. She said the €203 i got on december 1st would have been arrears i was owed (but i dont think i was owed any arrears?) and that I had nothing to worry about.

However, im undecided as to whether or not she fully grasped what i was trying to explain to her.

Was wondering if my experience here tallies up with anyone else, that also signed off when level 5 lifted? I don't mind keeping the money, obviously, but i just dont want to be sitting here without a penny to my name in the 2nd week of january, and have a letter come in the door saying i owe Social Welfare €700. :rolleyes:

I was on the PUP for a good while in march/april. Then i had to go back on it again for the entirety of this recent level 5. I was on it enough to qualify for the Christmas bonus.

I could get back to work when level 5 lifted, so on Nov. 30th I signed off the payment, saying id be back to work on Dec 1st. So on Tuesday Dec 1st i got paid €350 + €203. I presumed the 350 was my last PUP and 203 was the xmas bonus (the flat rate of the dole?).

All was grand, but when I woke up today, i had an extra 700 in my account. Which I got confused by, and figured maybe i didnt sign off properly.

I rang Social Welfare to offer back the 700, and the girl on the phone told me i could keep it - they pay the PUP 1 week in arrears, and that this was my final payment. She said the €203 i got on december 1st would have been arrears i was owed (but i dont think i was owed any arrears?) and that I had nothing to worry about.

However, im undecided as to whether or not she fully grasped what i was trying to explain to her.

Was wondering if my experience here tallies up with anyone else, that also signed off when level 5 lifted? I don't mind keeping the money, obviously, but i just dont want to be sitting here without a penny to my name in the 2nd week of january, and have a letter come in the door saying i owe Social Welfare €700. :rolleyes:

In a nutshell, your fine, the €203 was arrears owed and pup is paid in arrears, happy Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Quick query here - just want to see if anyone else had the same experience as me!

I was among the first to be out of work when the pandemic started. The clinic I worked in closed on the 12th of March and I went on the PUP for 17 weeks.

My first payment was only €203 as it was during those few days where they decided to up the payment. I got €350 thereafter, thankfully returned to work in July and have been working away since.

Tbh, I thought I was owed the difference in payment from the first week? Obviously not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but on the principle of fairness for all workers who were affected...and I'm assuming others would have been paid €350 for that particular time period if there was a delay in their payment starting. I hope I'm making sense!

Keep quite and enjoy the free cash. I'm still out of work and like a few others actually making more on the PUP

The weeks for the PUP goes from Fri-Thurs with it been payed the following Tuesday

20th- 26th Nov- paid on 1st Dec
    27th Nov- 3rd Dec- paid on 8th Dec (Xmas Bonus)
    4th- 10th Dec- paid on 15th Dec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Keep quite and enjoy the free cash. I'm still out of work and like a few others actually making more on the PUP

The weeks for the PUP goes from Fri-Thurs with it been payed the following Tuesday

If you owe the social money, "keeping quiet" is literally the stupidest thing you can do......

PTH2009 wrote: »

Based on the OP, its not free cash, they were entitled to these payments, indeed clarified by SW, The time line of return to work, length of time on PUP and the fact payment is paid in arrears suggests no error.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If you owe the social money, "keeping quiet" is literally the stupidest thing you can do......

No money owed, OP entitled to Payment as explained in time line, but in principle, I agree with your point if relevant.

Salty wrote: »
    Quick query here - just want to see if anyone else had the same experience as me!

I was among the first to be out of work when the pandemic started. The clinic I worked in closed on the 12th of March and I went on the PUP for 17 weeks.

My first payment was only €203 as it was during those few days where they decided to up the payment. I got €350 thereafter, thankfully returned to work in July and have been working away since.

Tbh, I thought I was owed the difference in payment from the first week? Obviously not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but on the principle of fairness for all workers who were affected...and I'm assuming others would have been paid €350 for that particular time period if there was a delay in their payment starting. I hope I'm making sense!

You are making sense however to initial smaller payment and difference in new higher payment does not appear to be classified as an arrear as the smaller payment you recieved at the time was the actual statutory payment. You could contact them but I wouldn't be confident they'll classify your query as an arrear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ynnhoj

Hi, wondering if anyone else had this issue or heard of anyone having this issue, been on the pup since April been getting it fine all along but yesterday it didn't come in. They told me on the phone that everything seems fine for my application that it's still opened and rewarded and that it's strange that it didn't go into my account. I was told by the woman I was speaking to on the phone that she is going to pass it onto her manager to look into it. I rang my bank to see if it was something on their end but it's not. I plan to ring again later to see if there is any update.

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? Any help or advice would be really appreciated. It's just annoying that it happened on the double payment before Christmas so I'm trying to do whatever I can to get it resolved quick so I don't miss next weeks payment as well. Thanks.

Ynnhoj wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if anyone else had this issue or heard of anyone having this issue, been on the pup since April been getting it fine all along but yesterday it didn't come in. They told me on the phone that everything seems fine for my application that it's still opened and rewarded and that it's strange that it didn't go into my account. I was told by the woman I was speaking to on the phone that she is going to pass it onto her manager to look into it. I rang my bank to see if it was something on their end but it's not. I plan to ring again later to see if there is any update.

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? Any help or advice would be really appreciated. It's just annoying that it happened on the double payment before Christmas so I'm trying to do whatever I can to get it resolved quick so I don't miss next weeks payment as well. Thanks.

I've not seen any recent posts across board threads on this issue, the fact SW are saying all seems OK on both ends suggests it will be fine.

I have heard of some people having payment suspended due to alleged incidents of employees not returning to work despite work being offered by employers (indeed SW have created 2 new email addresses for employers to report on difficulties with re hiring existing staff)

I'm not suggesting this is the cause of your issue, just giving a heads up generally.

If SW resolve your issue, I'm sure they'll be able to submit payment by the end of the week, Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ynnhoj

I've not seen any recent posts across board threads on this issue, the fact SW are saying all seems OK on both ends suggests it will be fine.

I have heard of some people having payment suspended due to alleged incidents of employees not returning to work despite work being offered by employers (indeed SW have created 2 new email addresses for employers to report on difficulties with re hiring existing staff)

I'm not suggesting this is the cause of your issue, just giving a heads up generally.

If SW resolve your issue, I'm sure they'll be able to submit payment by the end of the week, Good Luck :)

Yeah hopefully it's sorted this week I'll make sure to contact them later today or tomorrow morning to see if there is any update.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

Hi guys I’m returning to work today and I’m about to cancel my payment. I don’t get paid until Christmas Eve

Will I still get next Tuesday?

Hi guys I’m returning to work today and I’m about to cancel my payment. I don’t get paid until Christmas Eve

Will I still get next Tuesday?

Hi, happy for you. Yes, payment is made a week in arrears and from Friday to Thursday so you'll get payment next Tuesday. Good luck. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

My Daughter who works part time in Gastro pub started getting payment of 203 per week when recent closedown started, she wasnt working in march when previous payments were been made.
    She got her 203 each week for 5 weeks but this week she got 350 . why is she getting that higher payment?
    she is returning to work this weekend and has went into try stop payment going forward but it doesn't seem to take allow her cancel it , any help would be appreciated...

Advertisement