Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi guys I’m returning to work today and I’m about to cancel my payment. I don’t get paid until Christmas Eve

Will I still get next Tuesday?

Hi, happy for you. Yes, payment is made a week in arrears and from Friday to Thursday so you'll get payment next Tuesday. Good luck. :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

My Daughter who works part time in Gastro pub started getting payment of 203 per week when recent closedown started, she wasnt working in march when previous payments were been made.
    She got her 203 each week for 5 weeks but this week she got 350 . why is she getting that higher payment?
    she is returning to work this weekend and has went into try stop payment going forward but it doesn't seem to take allow her cancel it , any help would be appreciated...

LuasSimon wrote: »
    My Daughter who works part time in Gastro pub started getting payment of 203 per week when recent closedown started, she wasnt working in march when previous payments were been made.
    She got her 203 each week for 5 weeks but this week she got 350 . why is she getting that higher payment?
    she is returning to work this weekend and has went into try stop payment going forward but it doesn't seem to take allow her cancel it , any help would be appreciated...

Hi, was your daughter on the PUP earlier in the year, then went back to work and had to re sign on for PUP?

I would initially say the 350 is an odd figure but it's possibly reflective of the Christmas bonus, based on her previous rate but unlikely. If it was the Christmas bonus which was paid this week, it would equal her current rate, so double would be €406.

I then thought it might be possible arrears but they were paid out the previous week albeit there was some delays for people who were on TWSS at some stage.

I feel she may need to call them to clarify what tge payment was for.

Re closing claim, this is done via the mywelfare portal, very important she only does this ON THE DAY OF RETURN TO WORK, NOT BEFORE. Finally, she will also get a final payment a week after she closes claim as its paid a week in arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭d51984

Next week, dont be surprised if you get a double payment. You will not receive a payment the week after christmas though.

Most social welfare payments will be double next week so presuming the covid payment will be the same.

Its a disgrace Joe!

d51984 wrote: »
    Next week, dont be surprised if you get a double payment. You will not receive a payment the week after christmas though.

Most social welfare payments will be double next week so presuming the covid payment will be the same.

Not so sure, I think it's remaining weekly?

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/651ae-social-welfare-payments-dates-december-2020/#christmas-new-year-payment-dates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

Dempo1 wrote: »

Thanks ðŸ™
    Looking at this information a double payment will be made on the 21st December and return to normal weekly payment on the 5th January for PUP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi

I have been working at home since March. I believe I am entitled to 3.20 a day. Couple of questions.

How do you calculate the days. Just the working days in this period minus your holidays and bank holidays is it?

When would I make this claim? Sometime in 2021 or some specific time in the tax year?

obi604 wrote: »
    Hi

I have been working at home since March. I believe I am entitled to 3.20 a day. Couple of questions.

How do you calculate the days. Just the working days in this period minus your holidays and bank holidays is it?

When would I make this claim? Sometime in 2021 or some specific time in the tax year?

You might want to check with revenue or threads dealing with taxation, not sure this thread will be of any assistance, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Thanks ðŸ™
    Looking at this information a double payment will be made on the 21st December and return to normal weekly payment on the 5th January for PUP

Hi. Did anyone get their double payment yet, my daughters payment is usually in around 10.30pm in Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

Employers hit with another change to EWSS rules

https://www.independent.ie/business/small-business/employers-hit-with-another-change-to-ewss-rules-39884367.html

Is this not outrageous? Could be a lot of hardship come the new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Hi. Did anyone get their double payment yet, my daughters payment is usually in around 10.30pm in Ulster Bank.

I can see since that link was shared the Government have updated it and added a line that double payment for PUP will be tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

CorkRed93 wrote: »

https://www.independent.ie/business/small-business/employers-hit-with-another-change-to-ewss-rules-39884367.html

they are just making sure that profitable businesses are not claiming it

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭d51984

Gov has now confirmed via their site that a double payment will be made tomorrow.

Its a disgrace Joe!

CorkRed93 wrote: »

To be honest, there's alot of businesses acting the B***** and its not a surprise Revenue looking for verification on business impacts. I know at least 2 businesses that are trading as normal if not better, employees on these schemes and literally getting 2/3 their normal net pay. I've heard it's actually a serious level of Paye employees contacting revenue that is partly the reason why checks being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Interesting headline next to that IT article, says the state is to extend the credit guarantee scheme for businesses because of poor takeup.

We must have much more stringent rules in place than the UK, as their loan scheme went twice over the estimated costs to over €50 Billion and even then they reckon it has been one of the most expensive losses to fraud in British history with 10s of billions going either to ineligible businesses or just plain criminals.

Interesting headline next to that IT article, says the state is to extend the credit guarantee scheme for businesses because of poor takeup.

We must have much more stringent rules in place than the UK, as their loan scheme went twice over the estimated costs to over €50 Billion and even then they reckon it has been one of the most expensive losses to fraud in British history with 10s of billions going either to ineligible businesses or just plain criminals.

I suspect the poor take up is more to do with stringent terms attached, its a wonderful concept to offer someone money knowing full well they can't actually claim it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,274 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Signed off the 16th Dec and received no covid payment today

Anyone else the same ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Signed off the 16th Dec and received no covid payment today

Anyone else the same ?

You should have got a final back week, I'm wondering because it's a double payment week, has this created the problem. It may sound crazy but their system generated double payments this week and as you'd signed off, the system may not have generated single payment? Just a guess but I'd be getting on to them ASAP as I can't see any further payments processed before 4th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Got a double payment today, presume that means no payment next week and then another payment the week after

Got a double payment today, presume that means no payment next week and then another payment the week after

That's correct :) Happy Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭síofra

You should have got a final back week, I'm wondering because it's a double payment week, has this created the problem. It may sound crazy but their system generated double payments this week and as you'd signed off, the system may not have generated single payment? Just a guess but I'd be getting on to them ASAP as I can't see any further payments processed before 4th January.

Did you check Mywelfare.ie? I signed off last week too and also received no payment today, but on MyWelfare, there's a payment listed for today so it might just be delayed by a day or so?

síofra wrote: »
    Did you check Mywelfare.ie? I signed off last week too and also received no payment today, but on MyWelfare, there's a payment listed for today so it might just be delayed by a day or so?

That would make sense, they may have seperated closing/final payments

I sent off an email

Some farce, big possibility ill be going back on the payment

I sent off an email

Some farce, big possibility ill be going back on the payment

Just watching the news conference, just feel for those who signed off in good faith and now have to go through the PUP application process again, added to that will be delays as SW pretty much shuts down tomorrow for a week.

Just watching the news conference, just feel for those who signed off in good faith and now have to go through the PUP application process again, added to that will be delays as SW pretty much shuts down tomorrow for a week.

Very true, like last time will probably run into issues cause I signed back onto Xs and Os.

Then add the hassle of sorting out the pay issue for this week

Very true, like last time will probably run into issues cause I signed back onto Xs and Os.

Then add the hassle of sorting out the pay issue for this week

RTE has requested a statement as to how SW will manage new claims as SW offices closed most of next week, hopefully there'll be an update later for any one concerned

My son started a new part time job.l a few weeks ago. 16 years old.
    Am I right in thinking that while he qualifies to for PAYE he doesn't for PUP when they close again? SCANDALOUS

RTE has requested a statement as to how SW will manage new claims as SW offices closed most of next week, hopefully there'll be an update later for any one concerned

Any sign of that announcement

Some cluster**** all the same

My son started a new part time job.l a few weeks ago. 16 years old.
    Am I right in thinking that while he qualifies to for PAYE he doesn't for PUP when they close again? SCANDALOUS

Sorry to here this, sadly no, he wouldn't qualify for anything, he's only 16,, I'd doubt he'd qualify for any SW payment. PUP is a very specific payment

• Advertisement

Any sign of that announcement

Some cluster**** all the same

Yes, it's on the RTE news app, full details and applications will be processed

Advertisement