Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

bs2014 wrote: »
    Applied yday for illness payment.
    Isolating from home since Monday.
    It hasn't asked for a copy of the HSE text to say I'm isolating?
    Also do they contact your employer? Ive been still working from home this week and using up holidays over New Year as I'm salaried.

It mentions you must attach the copy of the text (screen shot) during application process?

You mentioned you are salaried? Will employer stop paying you whilst your out? I ask because you can not be getting income whilst on the enhanced illness benefit? Ideally you would put application in on final day of wage payment.

They don't contact employers but revenue and SW cross check payroll paid etc.

More info on the process here

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/df55ae-how-to-apply-for-illness-benefit-for-covid-19-absences/#how-to-apply

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Dempo1 wrote: »
    It mentions you must attach the copy of the text (screen shot) during application process?

You mentioned you are salaried? Will employer stop paying you whilst your out? I ask because you can not be getting income whilst on the enhanced illness benefit? Ideally you would put application in on final day of wage payment.

They don't contact employers but revenue and SW cross check payroll paid etc.

More info on the process here

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/df55ae-how-to-apply-for-illness-benefit-for-covid-19-absences/#how-to-apply

Thanks, I asked in citizen advice and he said the fact I'm salaried doesn't matter. It's a loophole whereby once your told to isolate, you are entitled to the 2 weeks of 350e regardless if you don't work or work from home....so I said I'd apply and chance my arm.
    I was paid for Dec on the 18th sonny next salary won't be until Jan 18th or later

It defo didn't ask for it cuz I was looking out for it and had the screenshot uploaded to my computer and all🀔. Now the application has sent I guess i just have to wait and see when they ask or is there a way to go back in and amend

Thanks, I asked in citizen advice and he said the fact I'm salaried doesn't matter. It's a loophole whereby once your told to isolate, you are entitled to the 2 weeks of 350e regardless if you don't work or work from home....so I said I'd apply and chance my arm.
    I was paid for Dec on the 18th sonny next salary won't be until Jan 18th or later

It defo didn't ask for it cuz I was looking out for it and had the screenshot uploaded to my computer and all🀔. Now the application has sent I guess i just have to wait and see when they ask or is there a way to go back in and amend

I'm sure there's an email to attach that text, I don't have it to hand so maybe search the department social protection site or hse site, good luck :)

I'm sure there's an email to attach that text, I don't have it to hand so maybe search the department social protection site or hse site, good luck :)

Yeah it didn't give me a place to upload when going through the mygovid site. If the email isn't automated it will likely come after Xmas. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Well I'll tell you what I see as scandalous. He pays tax and prsi like me and maybe you. So why isn't his income protected like everyone else. Child or no child he works and pays tax.
    doc22 wrote: »
    he worked for 2 weeks, regardless of age they wouldn't have credits for anything, he wouldn't have paid any tax either. For PUP he has no working record for last year or this year pre covid. To be honest I don't know what you expect?
    One week of the PUP would cost the state multiples of the tiny amount of tax (presumably just PRSI anyway) he would have paid over a few weeks.
    It'd be nonsense to give him months and months of payments just because he had a part time job for a short time.
    2 weeks? Did you make that up while trying to make the best argument you could? I said a few weeks.

Look, if he did happen to qualify for it, more power to him. I find it very strange that you use the word "scandalous" though. It's not even close to being that.

Children (and that's what he is) go out to the workplace at that age to learn a trade and earn a few bob for a computer game or a night out.

At the end of the day, he is YOUR dependent. There are far more "scandalous" things happening around us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Might be wrong topic but I have a big problem with verifying my account with mygovid - I'm getting ooops message and to contact them over the phone. Couldn't reach them so they called me after few days. And when trying to send text message to me to activate my phone nothing is coming through. We tried few times over 2 days and same story. Contacted three and everything is ok with their system no message is reaching it at all.

Anyone with the same story and was it sorted out? All i can do now is order sim card replacement.

How many days does it take to get your covid illness payment approved? I assume once its approved, its another week before payment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

How many days does it take to get your covid illness payment approved? I assume once its approved, its another week before payment.

Yeah so if you were out from say Monday of this week for two weeks your first payment would be due next Monday as Illness Benefit is paid in arrears.

Depends on processing times, presumably you sent off either a Med1 or a screenshot of the text from the HSE to accompany your application

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

If I was on standard dole/ jobseekers, then my industry was blanket shut down, would I be entitled to PUP?

Basically- was due back on site Monday, via agency. Site has reverted to skeleton staffing where possible due to the surge in numbers.

IIRC I am entitled to standard dole after 3 days via the X and O system. But if I am on standard dole, and by this Monday the sites are shut down*, would I be stuck on 205 per week while everybody else who was employed at the time gets 350?

My employer did the wage subsidy scheme last time, but I don't think they will again, as they got burned when people realised they were meant to give us additional bank holiday payments during the BH that fell over the lockdown. They dragged their feet on it before conceding.

While sites have never been a major vector in Covid, I think the belief is more that closing sites would give fewer people an excuse to use it as cover to explain why they are travelling the roads during lockdown.

If I was on standard dole/ jobseekers, then my industry was blanket shut down, would I be entitled to PUP?

Basically- was due back on site Monday, via agency. Site has reverted to skeleton staffing where possible due to the surge in numbers.

IIRC I am entitled to standard dole after 3 days via the X and O system. But if I am on standard dole, and by this Monday the sites are shut down*, would I be stuck on 205 per week while everybody else who was employed at the time gets 350?

My employer did the wage subsidy scheme last time, but I don't think they will again, as they got burned when people realised they were meant to give us additional bank holiday payments during the BH that fell over the lockdown. They dragged their feet on it before conceding.

While sites have never been a major vector in Covid, I think the belief is more that closing sites would give fewer people an excuse to use it as cover to explain why they are travelling the roads during lockdown.

Are you currently on any social welfare payment? X&O"S etc?

It's looking like construction will be closed down tomorrow.

I believe you may be entitled to PUP but your not clear if your on a SW payment currently, I only ask because you can't be in receipt of JSA / JSB and apply for PUP.

If your on no SW unemployment payment and have provable and taxable income for I believe a four week period prior to applying for PUP, you should qualify. Please note not everyone is on €350, the payment if awarded is based on your gross pay prior to claiming PUP.

Best way to apply is via mywelfare, you can check qualifying criteria on the SW website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

I believe you may be entitled to PUP but your not clear if your on a SW payment currently, I only ask because you can't be in receipt of JSA / JSB and apply for PUP.

If your on no SW unemployment payment and have provable and taxable income for I believe a four week period prior to applying for PUP, you should qualify. Please note not everyone is on €350, the payment if awarded is based on your gross pay prior to claiming PUP.

Best way to apply is via mywelfare, you can check qualifying criteria on the SW website.
    Jesus Dempo1 I hope your wrong on this one, hope they won't close construction.

kerryjack wrote: »
    Jesus Dempo1 I hope your wrong on this one, hope they won't close construction.

It's currently being discussed, I hope I'm wrong but schools definitely not opening and increasingly likely construction being shut. Numbers not as high today but still alarming, over 5,000

Happy new year by the way :)

It's currently being discussed, I hope I'm wrong but schools definitely not opening and increasingly likely construction being shut. Numbers not as high today but still alarming, over 5,000

Happy new year by the way :)

Ultimate test of Mehole's balls. You can bet your house NPHET will recommend sites close.

With the flak he is getting for defying them last time I wonder will he again.

One thing the media has never explained- who actually makes these decisions? We are always told that NPHET's recommendations are going to cabinet for approval/ tinkering.

Is it a majority vote of the cabinet?

Is it a majority vote of the three coalition leaders?

Or does Mehole take all these into consideration and make the call himself?

I'm not. I believe you have to be unemployed for three days before they will offer you an interview (although whether the standard procedure at Intreo is going on these days I don't know)

I only ask because you can't be in receipt of JSA / JSB and apply for PUP.

Yes. Know a lad who was on standard dole for all of Feb and March 2020, taking it easy tbh, he got some kicking when all this happened and all of a sudden he was down 150 p/w.

Might call Intreo tomorrow if it turns out construction will stay open after all. If it stays open I could be back on Thursday, however when I see the absolute wastes of skin who are handed welfare these days (see for example, the clowns rioting in Blanch) I would chase the DSP for a fiver if they owed it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Another thing for people to bear in mind too is the 350 PUP payment drops to 250 at the end of January.

I'm not. I believe you have to be unemployed for three days before they will offer you an interview (although whether the standard procedure at Intreo is going on these days I don't know)

Yes. Know a lad who was on standard dole for all of Feb and March 2020, taking it easy tbh, he got some kicking when all this happened and all of a sudden he was down 150 p/w.

Might call Intreo tomorrow if it turns out construction will stay open after all. If it stays open I could be back on Thursday, however when I see the absolute wastes of skin who are handed welfare these days (see for example, the clowns rioting in Blanch) I would chase the DSP for a fiver if they owed it to me.

Not at all interested in SW bashing to be honest, advice offered on this Thread aims to assist where possible, genuine queries, in particular pandemic payments etc.

Intero centre will offer no assistance and discourage visits for obvious. PUP applications processed online only. If your not returning to work, commence application via mywelfare, stating last date of employment. The process and application simple enough. Final note, insure you are NOT currently on EWSS, employer has to inform revenue, if this is not done, PUP application will be declined. Good luck.

Another thing for people to bear in mind too is the 350 PUP payment drops to 250 at the end of January.

No, government have stated today payments remaining at same level during level 5, I hope and think this decision will be extended given the shocking new case numbers and those forced onto or back onto PUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I'd accept being forced not to work if the Government would give me €5k per month tax-free. Otherwise, they can go **** themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Thats has been deferred for the time being afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

No, government have stated today payments remaining at same level during level 5, I hope and think this decision will be extended given the shocking new case numbers and those forced onto or back onto PUP.
    Fair enough. I probably should've double checked before posting. Information is a bit all over the place it's hard to know what's going on.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. I probably should've double checked before posting. Information is a bit all over the place it's hard to know what's going on.

It was hinted at by Leaky Leo when latest lockdown announced, today ministe of finance confirmed levels will remain as is during level 5. I think it would be a brave minister who trys to reduce payments for quite some time. Worth pointing out, not every one on €350 and I'm sure it's been an horrendous struggle for many. Happier new year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Demo1 you called it right again probably have to go back on PUP again not supposed to go back to work till Monday, is it midnight Thursday cut off for payment the following Tuesday.

kerryjack wrote: »
    Demo1 you called it right again probably have to go back on PUP again not supposed to go back to work till Monday, is it midnight Thursday cut off for payment the following Tuesday.

I polished my crystal ball on new years :) I think they had no choice really, it's a shocking mess re numbers etc. Sorry, didn't like to bare bad news. It's usually midnight befor the day restrictions kick in.

Yes, I get application in before Thursday if possible, good luck, hopefully it will be a short lock down for construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Is there any chance the TDs and NPHET will drop down to the PUP and stop pension contributions to show solidarity with the hundreds of thousands of people they are putting out of work?

Is there ****.

Does anyone know how long before the change will be reflected on mywelfare.ie when you close your PUP payment?

I closed mine on Monday using the online form, but no notification or change in services.mywelfare.ie to confirm that I have submitted the form.

Just been told I'll probably be going back on PUP by the end of the month anyway...

My enhanced illness benefit got awarded yesterday and I got an email from them to say the same. When does the money transfer into ones account? Thnaks.

Does anyone know how long before the change will be reflected on mywelfare.ie when you close your PUP payment?

I closed mine on Monday using the online form, but no notification or change in services.mywelfare.ie to confirm that I have submitted the form.

Just been told I'll probably be going back on PUP by the end of the month anyway...

Morning, historically mywelfare portal extremely slow to update, particularly claim status, you also do not get a notification you've closed claim, seems extraordinary but that's the way its been.

I'd certainly contact them and reapply as soon as you know you need to. Good luck

My enhanced illness benefit got awarded yesterday and I got an email from them to say the same. When does the money transfer into ones account? Thnaks.

Enhanced illness is a distinct payment and you do receive confirmation on approval. At a guess first payment is next Tuesday although I've seen some get payment on Thursday /Friday on week approval confirmed.

Enhanced illness is a distinct payment and you do receive confirmation on approval. At a guess first payment is next Tuesday although I've seen some get payment on Thursday /Friday on week approval confirmed.

Thanks, yea I'll have to wait til this day next week and see has it gone through in meantime. Just curious to see what way it will effect my tax at work. Will it go from last year or this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

For anyone whose PUP rate was reduced in June 2020 and then had it rerated to a higher level (based upon their 2019 tax return), how long did it take the arrears due to be paid ?

Advertisement