Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Covid-19 things your neighbours are doing to drive you to the brink.

• 24-03-2020 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭

My neighbours have been trying to religious sing the Covid-19 away. Hour after hour - and badly. Am I sufferig alone? What are thise closest to
    you doing to drive you slowly insane in this time of plague?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Allinall

My neighbours have been trying to religious sing the Covid-19 away. Hour after hour - and badly. Am I sufferig alone? What are thise closest to

Mine keep peeking round the corner to see what we’re up to.

Drives me nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

"have you heard the latest thing about the disease?"

Yes, mothafukkah, I've heard it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,441 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Got some cringeworthy text on the neighbors group about how amazing it would be to all put candles in our front windows..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

My neighbours keep mooing and sh*tting all over the place. What has the world come to.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There is nothing more maddening than idiot relatives sending you the latest "my friend Audrey has a brother, whose dog once **** on the lawn of a man who's best friend drives a car for Leo aaaand".

Don't be like Audrey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Fairly sure my neighbours will need the guards called. We can hear arguing from them the odd time, but it's starting to escalate quite a bit now they're cooped up more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

bfa1509 wrote: »
    My neighbours keep mooing and sh*tting all over the place. What has the world come to.

Is this bullsh|t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭blackbox

lawred2 wrote: »
    Got some cringeworthy text on the neighbors group about how amazing it would be to all put candles in our front windows..

Great. Let's all burn down our houses.

Is this bullsh|t?

It sure is! I live on a farm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Bitch next door ran her pressure washer from 10 to 3:30. None of us could have the windows open. It came close to me throwing eggs at her to send a message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Bitch next door ran her pressure washer from 10 to 3:30. None of us could have the windows open. It came close to me throwing eggs at her to send a message.

Hosing down the outside of her house for 5 hours!? That is loon.

Was she not just power hosing the driveway? Seems like a productive thing to do with 5 hours at a time like this. She sounds like a solid asset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I did ask if you wanted to join us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Was she not just power hosing the driveway? Seems like a productive thing to do with 5 hours at a time like this. She sounds like a solid asset.

Back garden slabs. Could think of her neighbors and do it when it’s cold and miserable out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Ive definitely noticed a major change in mood on my road, Im in a cul de sac.

I said hello to a lad 2 doors up yesterday, normally always very friendly and would always says hello back prior to the covid-19 crisis , just had a blank look on his face and ignored me, got into his car and drove off.

People are either in shock and also maybe suffering cabin fever plus with todays news that the lockdown going on until April 19th doesnt help matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i live in a bungalow surrounded by fields, bliss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

FFS 20 m and it's done,,,,,, might be the vibration in the house that's keeping her at it---😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

fryup wrote: »
    i live in a bungalow surrounded by fields, bliss

My dream ,I live in a built up estate , between African neighbours arguing( only one of the 5 families),Irish drink parties,dogs barking ,and cats ****ting in the garden it can be awful, although in fairness minus the dogs it's been manageable the last week or so

My neighbours are grand, but I don't like having them home all day cause we're the noisy ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

kravmaga wrote: »
    Ive definitely noticed a major change in mood on my road, Im in a cul de sac.

I said hello to a lad 2 doors up yesterday, normally always very friendly and would always says hello back prior to the covid-19 crisis , just had a blank look on his face and ignored me, got into his car and drove off.

People are either in shock and also maybe suffering cabin fever plus with todays news that the lockdown going on until April 19th doesnt help matters.

Strange, people are more friendly where I am. Spoken to people I barely get acknowledgement from normally. Notice the nod and hello of old Ireland is back when people are passing in the street, you love to see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

Fairly sure my neighbours will need the guards called. We can hear arguing from them the odd time, but it's starting to escalate quite a bit now they're cooped up more.

Sorry Jill, we'll keep a lid on it from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

Went to bring the dogs for a walk after work this afternoon and there was a woman up road standing out the front talking to her next door neighbour, both of them were wearing their pajamas. Then her daughter came out to join them and she was in her pajamas too.

Are things so bad that people aren't bothering to get dressed now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭stevek93

I am drilling a lot recently as I bought a new house recently and work needs to be completed not because of the virus. I overheard my neighbour "jesus he is at the drill again" they are home all day now I noticed not going to work I feel sorry for them having to listen to me working away so I am trying to keep noise to minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

My Italian neighbours are high risk. We live in the middle of nowhere... they live 500 meters away.

Their kids and grandkids live far away and cannot be here for Easter...

They have 3 freezers of food that has to be eaten..

Each evening the phone rings and dinner is served outside on the porch.

At this rate my heart is going to give out before any virus gets me.

Nothing like having great neighbours... I pity those that do not..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭tringle

Chainsaw/pressure washer/power tool of some sort all day. Normally only at the weekends but now he is at home all day... And so too am i.
    Not as bad as listening to my other half screaming at people on the phone all day though. He always works from home, im usually gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

My area's been much quieter the last week. The road isnt being dug up for IW pipes, no gas works anymore, OH had a word with noisy neighbours (noisy before covid), no drilling downstairs by whoever that landlord hired to do up a recently vacated apartment, a dog still pining reverberating through the hallway but that's not covid related either.
    Also, no blindingly bright hotel car park light he last few nights, so pretty good here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I don’t get it, are you annoyed that they are singing out of tune or that they are singing?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

stevek93 wrote: »
    I am drilling a lot recently as I bought a new house recently and work needs to be completed not because of the virus. I overheard my neighbour "jesus he is at the drill again" they are home all day now I noticed not going to work I feel sorry for them having to listen to me working away so I am trying to keep noise to minimum.

Yeah....sure you are.....confining it to 3 hour sessions or sommat ?

Your DRILLING Dude....how can you keep noise to a minimum ?

MEH !

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    I don’t get it, are you annoyed that they are singing out of tune or that they are singing?

the bad singing - and then also the out of tune singing. Its like listening to an army marching with a few people stomping out of step every time. After a few hours of that and off key yowling it begins to hurt my soul. The God factor I don’t mind - got a miracle lately when my car passed the NCT so feeling good!!

• Advertisement

some child or insane adult COLOURED IN WITh CHAlK about 40 foot of road. How bored or insane would you need to be to do that ( if you were an adult) . And how did the mother or father not notice their toddler gone for that length of time onto a road. Assuming it wasn’t an insane mother or driven to chalk father.

Advertisement