Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build for sim racing

Options
  • 24-03-2020 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

What is your budget? [€850 - €1000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Sim racing] (Assetto Corsa/I-racing mainly)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [no]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Not at moment]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [have a dell 1920x1080 60Hz u2419 that will do for a while, would consider a VR headset in future]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Wifi 6 card ]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Possibly]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [Next 2-3 weeks]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Q2zCgJ

Same as in the other thread, just add a PCIe WiFi card and cheap Win10 key online (or just install without activating).

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Sorry to hijack the thread but my friend is looking to build a gaming PC for sim racing also. He has looking to at a system with the following specs:

AeroCool Midi Shard Black RGB
    be quiet! System Power 9 - 700W
    MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX
    AMD AMD RYZEN 5 2600X
    Xilence A250PWM
    16GB DDR4 (2x8GB)
    Nvidia GeForce RTX2070 Super
    Kingston A2000 - 500GB SSD - M.2 (NVMe)

He wants the ability to have triple monitors if ever needed in the future. Is the above overkill or would the system linked by K.O.Kiki be suitable?

nanook5 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread but my friend is looking to build a gaming PC for sim racing also. He has looking to at a system with the following specs:

AeroCool Midi Shard Black RGB
    be quiet! System Power 9 - 700W
    MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX
    AMD AMD RYZEN 5 2600X
    Xilence A250PWM
    16GB DDR4 (2x8GB)
    Nvidia GeForce RTX2070 Super
    Kingston A2000 - 500GB SSD - M.2 (NVMe)

He wants the ability to have triple monitors if ever needed in the future. Is the above overkill or would the system linked by K.O.Kiki be suitable?
    The 2600X is slower than 3600.

What's the price on that system?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The 2600X is slower than 3700X.

What's the price on that system?

€1400 is the price for the system.

Doesn't sound like a good deal, that's around €300-400 profit margin compared to self-build.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like a good deal, that's around €300-400 profit margin compared to self-build.

Yes. I picked out this system for him, as I am going to build it. I think it should suit him fine. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/RNwN27

Advertisement