Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTC message on Toshiba Skullcandy LB....

• 24-03-2020 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi all,

My laptop won’t work without the charger and the rtc message comes up each time I start it. From what I understand, there is no RTC battery in these comps? I recently purchased a new battery for the computer but now this message is coming up and not sure how to resolve as without an RTC battery, how can I sort the issue so I can use it without a charger again?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

sugarman wrote: »
    It'll have a 2032 battery inside it.

It's the L50-b series, from what I read they dont have the 2032 inside? Looking at YouTube videos of them open, I cant see one and others have asked in comments also and responded to saying there is none in there.. 🀔🀔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

sugarman wrote: »
    Hmm it seems youre right. It looks like it might have a rechargeable one soldered to the reverse side of the board. Have you tried setting the time in the bios manually on boot up and then just leaving the laptop plugged in and powered on for extended period of time? Like 12-24hrs?

I did try this however nothing came of it. funny thing is randomly once, it started back working again without the charger but then went back to not working again. im quite stumped really!

Advertisement