Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you chip?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Remember this a bad putt will 99/100 be better than a bad chip

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pakman

Best tip I got that really improved things for me last year was to make sure to be accelerating through the ball on chips and putts.

I take it back with little to no hand movement and make sure to speed up through the ball. This made backswing length the only really factor to work on as i always went at it with same force just from further away and stopped me trying to finesse chips. It also meant I could just adjust the club for different situations.

I would bet this was just good for my swing but it really improved things for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Normally 20 minutes , middle shelf,,,,,, sorry couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    That's being very generous to bad putts. Especially my bad putts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

SeeMoreBut wrote: »

Always remember too that good chips are 100% cooler looking than good putts :cool:

• Advertisement

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Always remember too that good chips are 100% cooler looking than good putts :cool:
    And in matchplay, there's nothing that'll knock the stuffing out of your opponent more than a chip-in. Only a holed sixty foot putt can come close. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Thats just because there is so long to wait between good ones! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

GreeBo wrote: »
    Thats just because there is so long to wait between good ones! :pac:

You don't miss the greens either? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You don't miss the greens either? :cool:

Au Contraire, I have been known to miss the hole I am playing altogether!:eek:

GreeBo wrote: »
    Au Contraire, I have been known to miss the hole I am playing altogether!:eek:
    Phil Mickelson sometimes misses the golf course he's playing, so it's not that bad. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement