Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending Potential Covid Back to Work

Options
  • 25-03-2020 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭

My Dad and his partner are in their 60s and have had Covid symptoms for more than a week. They were waiting for tests and are self isolating with family members dropping off supplies outside their home. My Dad in particular has been hard hit by the illness, but the advice given was to stay indoors, to which he had no choice anyway. His symptoms are high fever and a dry cough and fatigue.

Today, they have been told that the testing criteria has again changed and they no longer qualify for testing :mad:

What's worse, is that his GP has told him to return to work on Tuesday if he has no headache :confused::confused:

He is a Bus driver and if he is infected, could easily infect hundreds of others. He drives staff to and from work....staff which work in a very large food distribution company. I don't know where to begin with this, I really don't. We are all being told to social distance, yet a person most likely having Covid is being told to return to work in 6 days if he has no headaches :eek: . Jesus Wept!

Surely the advice to return to work is nuts and should not be followed, even if no test is confirmed. Typical of the government. Getting is arse-ways again and this will cost lives.

Stay Free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

His symptoms are high fever and a dry cough and fatigue.

Today, they have been told that the testing criteria has again changed and they no longer qualify for testing :mad:

Who told him this? Anything I have seen would indicate that he still meets the testing criteria. I also don't think they could have reassessed all requests for testing and determined who does or doesn't meet the new criteria, and then contacted individuals that quickly. Something doesn't add up here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

The testing criteria has changed to say that the person has to have a fever and a cough or shortness of breath instead of just one of these symptoms. I’d be ringing another GP or the HSE line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Who told him this? Anything I have seen would indicate that he still meets the testing criteria. I also don't think they could have reassessed all requests for testing and determined who does or doesn't meet the new criteria, and then contacted individuals that quickly. Something doesn't add up here...

The new rules seem to be that all previous pending tests were cancelled with the new criteria coming into effect. Anyone waiting to be tested had to contact their GP.

Stay Free

The new rules seem to be that all previous pending tests were cancelled with the new criteria coming into effect. Anyone waiting to be tested had to contact their GP.

But they still meet the criteria under the new rules so should contact their GP to organise a new test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

bee06 wrote: »
    But they still meet the criteria under the new rules so should contact their GP to organise a new test.

This is what they did....and were told they don't meet the criteria. It doesn't make sense. The HSE line might be the one to call. I have said before that their GP is an incompetent fool.

Stay Free

• Advertisement

This is what they did....and were told they don't meet the criteria. It doesn't make sense. The HSE line might be the one to call. I have said before that their GP is an incompetent fool.

Yeah, it sounds like the GP doesn’t have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Friend of mine was waiting and got her test cancelled

Her GP said she doesn't qualify

Rang a different GP and was referred again

Might be an option for you OP seeing as he has high fever and a dry cough and fatigue

Advertisement