Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xs and Os

• 25-03-2020 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me

I was currently working part time and marking in days I didn't work on my Xs and Os docket
    Now I'm not working due to the shop being closed, I was told to keep sending the dockets to the office weekly without signature from my boss

The question I have is will I only be entitled to 203 now due to not being on covid 19 emergency payment?

Hope I explained that clearly enough

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

GaryByrne wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me

I was currently working part time and marking in days I didn't work on my Xs and Os docket
    Now I'm not working due to the shop being closed, I was told to keep sending the dockets to the office weekly without signature from my boss

The question I have is will I only be entitled to 203 now due to not being on covid 19 emergency payment?

Hope I explained that clearly enough

Cheers
    I'm in the same boat, from what I gather we're not entitled to the 350. It would be nice though!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

I'm in the same boat, from what I gather we're not entitled to the 350. It would be nice though!

Yeah it definitely is needed 😭
    Hopefully they'll look into part timers soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Same boat here, I lost my job temporarily due to the virus the day the schools closed. I was due to go from part time X and o's to full time last week and can get a letter stating this from my employer.

I'm not sure if I'll qualify for the 350.
    Hoping they clarify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

same boat and the €350 a week would be nice

from what i gather someone doing say 2 days work (in college for the rest of the week etc) get €350 and we get less even tho we work more than them. Most weeks for me its more o's than x's but some weeks its the oppisite

Its all quite confusing and id say the government is still sorting it all out

Yeah I can't understand it at all
    Makes no sense and is very unfair

Hopefully it'll be explained better over the next few days

• Advertisement

I just saw this posted on Facebook
    Apparently it'll be announced tomorrow but I don't know if there is any truth to it

Fingers crossed

I just saw this posted on Facebook
    Apparently it'll be announced tomorrow but I don't know if there is any truth to it

Fingers crossed

Fingers crossed, This issue is surely affecting a lot of people... Thank-you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

States here that the payment also applies to part-time workers https://www.gov.ie/en/service/be74d3-covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment/ Submitted my form yesterday and will see what happens

Squaredude wrote: »
    States here that the payment also applies to part-time workers https://www.gov.ie/en/service/be74d3-covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment/ Submitted my form yesterday and will see what happens

I'm just hesitant to apply incase it messes up my dockets going forward

Surely they should know by marking in you aren't working. That's what I'm hoping anyway 😂😅

You'd think they'd know. I applied anyway and just ticked the box stating that I was getting a payment already. Will keep submitting my dockets too until told otherwise. Not really much information on how to go about doing any of this

• Advertisement

You'd think they'd know. I applied anyway and just ticked the box stating that I was getting a payment already. Will keep submitting my dockets too until told otherwise. Not really much information on how to go about doing any of this

I tried to apply there now and the services are down, typical ha

PPS number will prob be an indicator of what previous benefits have been on I imagine

I tried to apply there now and the services are down, typical ha
    yeah it took me quite a while to get through the application, site was incredibly slow

some companies are paying there workers the pandemic Emergency rates with them getting rebated eventually

Still all a bit confusing

Danny Healy~Rea (TD) has again confirmed today that part time X and Ó workers are indeed entitled to the payment. Its on his Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

Hi guys. So just to be clear, if you are on x's and o's and are now down to 0 work days (employer not covering pay) and still submitting your filled in dockets as normal do you also need to go through the process online outlined here? https://services.mywelfare.ie/en/topics/covid-19-payments/covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment/ . Someone mentioned that there's a tick box in the process saying you are getting a payment already so sounds like it but just want to be sure. Asking for someone else so hope I'm being clear as not familiar with this x/o docket process myself.

Is applied just there and put down I receive a weekly payment (sometimes I get it some weeks dont)

Hopefully it's just a case of seeing my pps number and they will contact me verifying the situation etc

Would be unfair if I get penalised as I had a social welfare payment already

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

Aye, herself did it aswell today so we'll just have to see how it goes I suppose.

Aye, herself did it aswell today so we'll just have to see how it goes I suppose.

we all derserve the full amount too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭ttsnar

It has only been sorted now. All casuals who were on Jobseekers and lost their jobs because of this will be able to get the COVID19 amount.

• Advertisement

Currently filling out the online form.
    Anybody else have trouble entering the country on the section of employers address? It says please enter a valid country when I type in Ireland or Republic of Ireland. Thanks

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Anybody else have trouble entering the country on the section of employers address? It says please enter a valid country when I type in Ireland or Republic of Ireland. Thanks

Is it Country or County?

Do you get a confirmation email saying payment is granted/refused etc ?

Have to use a different browser for the mygovid page as for some reason its doesn't work on chrome on my laptop (grey background screen blocking access)

Is it Country or County?
    Definitely says country. I spoke to a friend who says they had the same trouble doing it last night. He said he kept entering 'Ireland' and it was eventually accepted. Maybe its the sheer volume of applicants causing some kind of glitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Definitely says country. I spoke to a friend who says they had the same trouble doing it last night. He said he kept entering 'Ireland' and it was eventually accepted. Maybe its the sheer volume of applicants causing some kind of glitch.

Try Ireland with a small i

Or EIRE

Still confused about this

Was told I would have to apply for jobseekers too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Still confused about this

Was told I would have to apply for jobseekers too

The payment is only going to last 12 weeks tops. if you have dependents then you might be entitled to more then €350. If you are single and not back in work on week 13 then you will need a payment in place. If you are back in work then you can just cancel your claim .

splinter65 wrote: »
    The payment is only going to last 12 weeks tops. if you have dependents then you might be entitled to more then €350. If you are single and not back in work on week 13 then you will need a payment in place. If you are back in work then you can just cancel your claim .

I'm on xs and os already (can't think of the official title for them)

I'll ring the social during the week if I don't hear anything back

Has anybody got their payments?
    I've seen a few posting on Facebook that they have got theirs tonight
    I'm Bank of Ireland so I'm hoping and praying I'll get it tomorrow

• Advertisement

Just got the payment a few minutes ago into my boi bank account

Just got the payment a few minutes ago into my boi bank account

Did u get 1 or 2? I got 2, I'm assuming it's because dockets are a week behind
    One was 203 and the other was 350

Yeah I got 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

When you start typing Ireland, choose the Ireland from the drop down rather than continuing to type. This is glitch that happens with a lot of online application forms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

splinter65 wrote: »

Talked to my mother she works part time on X and O's and also claims for my father as a dependent

She rang the social welfare yesterday who said she will only get 350 between them as they are a married couple and the job are not providing anything

This mean's the house is certainly down money until this all blows over

Is anybody else in this situation?

I thought this couldn't be correct but she did ring the social welfare office so they should know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

All welfare payments are being paid by-weekly right now, so youll prob not get another for 2 weeks

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    When you start typing Ireland, choose the Ireland from the drop down rather than continuing to type. This is glitch that happens with a lot of online application forms.
    I did it this morning no bother. Yesterday it wasn't giving me a drop down box. It just said country not recognised or some such. Sorted now thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rodDaly69

Yeah I can't understand it at all
    Makes no sense and is very unfair

Hopefully it'll be explained better over the next few days

It's extremely fair, the 350 is for people who were fully employed, and is to remove any delay in processing JSA/JSB applications along with their various entitlements by giving an (almost, it's by no means perfect) amount that covers approx what everyone, that was fully employed is entitled to. Yes some of these win a little over what they would have gotten and some will be a bit below, but it's the most fair for the most people in a time that is practical.

Why do you think you should get a pay rise for playing the "X's & O's"? Pay an equal stamp as the people getting the 350 a week payment, then you will be treated equally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Hi. I am currently working fulltime but the company is reducing our hours to 80% and availing of the scheme. They are topping up by 10% and we get the Gov 70%.

Am I able to claim the welfare payment for the day not in employment?

rodDaly69 wrote: »
    It's extremely fair, the 350 is for people who were fully employed, and is to remove any delay in processing JSA/JSB applications along with their various entitlements by giving an (almost, it's by no means perfect) amount that covers approx what everyone, that was fully employed is entitled to. Yes some of these win a little over what they would have gotten and some will be a bit below, but it's the most fair for the most people in a time that is practical.

Why do you think you should get a pay rise for playing the "X's & O's"? Pay an equal stamp as the people getting the 350 a week payment, then you will be treated equally.

You took my reply out of context
    I was replying to the fact a student working 2days a week was entitled to the full 350

I never said I should be entitled to it, just that I wanted to know how people on x and os sat with the eligibility as we are also down a wage coming in.

An equal ha what a gob****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

You took my reply out of context
    I was replying to the fact a student working 2days a week was entitled to the full 350

I never said I should be entitled to it, just that I wanted to know how people on x and os sat with the eligibility as we are also down a wage coming in.

An equal ha what a gob****e

What's the difference, don't people on x and o work 3 days? wow 1 day in the difference..

• Advertisement

What's the difference, don't people on x and o work 3 days? wow 1 day in the difference..

Last week it wasnt clear on what was available for part time workers

That was the reason I started this thread
    At the time it was clear students were getting the 350 and there was no information for mine and other people in my situation

That was my point
    Let's just all get along for godsakes bickering over who works more now

It's stressful enough for this ****e would you not agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

Hi. I am currently working fulltime but the company is reducing our hours to 80% and availing of the scheme. They are topping up by 10% and we get the Gov 70%.

Am I able to claim the welfare payment for the day not in employment?

If you work 4 days, no entitlement to Jobseekers. The Casuals ( X and O's) should be able to confirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

MLC_biker wrote: »
    If you work 4 days, no entitlement to Jobseekers. The Casuals ( X and O's) should be able to confirm

Thanks. If I was put to 3 days would I get the normal 120 or is that pushed up in line with the Covid Payments to 210?

Tried the usual looking this up but doesnt appear to be clear.

Appiled last friday 27th March and didnt hear anything back yet or got a payment only the usual notification of 'your application was submitted successfully and will be reviewed by an officer ASAP'

Im used to getting payed monthly so dont really mind but its irrating not hearing anything back

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Appiled last friday 27th March and didnt hear anything back yet or got a payment only the usual notification of 'your application was submitted successfully and will be reviewed by an officer ASAP'

Im used to getting payed monthly so dont really mind but its irrating not hearing anything back
    I didn't hear anything back from them either, just money in my account. You'll most likely receive yours this Tuesday

I didn't hear anything back from them either, just money in my account. You'll most likely receive yours this Tuesday

hopefully if not ill contact them

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

Thanks. If I was put to 3 days would I get the normal 120 or is that pushed up in line with the Covid Payments to 210?

Tried the usual looking this up but doesnt appear to be clear.

If you're working you are not entitled to Covid, casuals don't get the 350, so you'll get money for 3 days. Although the rules are changing daily so nothing set in stone

Seems people are now getting refused the emergency payment cause there on Xs and Os

I didnt get a rejection mail but others have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DAK69

I know of me and two others that got rejection emails. Going to ring down tomorrow and see what they say.

DAK69 wrote: »
    I know of me and two others that got rejection emails. Going to ring down tomorrow and see what they say.

Yeah I'll be doing the same if I don't receive any money tomorrow

Dopey college students working for 2 days each week getting the full €350 and hard workers getting nothing is so unfair

• Advertisement
Advertisement