Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xs and Os

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Borrowed time

DAK69 wrote: »
    I know of me and two others that got rejection emails. Going to ring down tomorrow and see what they say.

It seems like people on Casual dockets should have rang their local Intreo office instead of applying online.The big question still is,Has anyone on Casual dockets received a payment into their bank account yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DAK69

From a post on Facebook last week

-I was at the welfare office today and I was told that I did not need to fill out the Covid payment form and that I just need to fill out my Xs and Os form as normal and the payment will automatically be increased . I explained to them that my work place has closed but they said that because I am in receipt of casual payment I dont need the Covid form .

Could be it’ll just go in automatically and that’s why the online application was rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Borrowed time

From a post on Facebook last week

-I was at the welfare office today and I was told that I did not need to fill out the Covid payment form and that I just need to fill out my Xs and Os form as normal and the payment will automatically be increased . I explained to them that my work place has closed but they said that because I am in receipt of casual payment I dont need the Covid form .

Could be it’ll just go in automatically and that’s why the online application was rejected.

Very informative.Presume we will know tomorrow if anyone gets paid automatically.Alot of Casual workers will find it hard to get their part time employment back unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It seems like people on Casual dockets should have rang their local Intreo office instead of applying online.The big question still is,Has anyone on Casual dockets received a payment into their bank account yet??

I'm on X and o's and have been out of work since the 19th of march. I rang the local office and they told me to change my dockets reflecting my employment status from week to week, she expressly said not to apply for covid money as it would mess up my claim in the future. I didn't receive the full 350 initially but just there now I received double 350 (700) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

What date actually is 12 weeks from the start of this all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Check mywelfare (make sure your account is fully verified)

My jobseekers allowance is down as suspended but I have the €350 and it's down as 'Exceptional Needs Payment"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Seems people are now getting refused the emergency payment cause there on Xs and Os

I didnt get a rejection mail but others have ?
    Got the rejection email yesterday along with a friend from work.. Others in the company got theirs no bother.

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Got the rejection email yesterday along with a friend from work.. Others in the company got theirs no bother.

I rang in today and was told there’s a problem with the online system with some casual workers and if I apply through it again it will likely get rejected. So she told me to download a copy of the form , print it out, fill it in and scan it , send it to an email address of a person who works in my local intreo centre who is dealing with it. She gave me an email address of the person but I’m sure every place is different.
    🤬😵😱😕

Hopefully this will sort it out... not holding my breath though. She did say that as far as she is aware, casual workers are the included in it.

I rang in today and was told there’s a problem with the online system with some casual workers and if I apply through it again it will likely get rejected. So she told me to download a copy of the form , print it out, fill it in and scan it , send it to an email address of a person who works in my local intreo centre who is dealing with it. She gave me an email address of the person but I’m sure every place is different.
    🀬😵😱😕

Hopefully this will sort it out... not holding my breath though. She did say that as far as she is aware, casual workers are the included in it.
    Thanks for the reply, I will be ringing them tomorrow and also will try that maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My mam usually works 2 days a week and does X's and O's for the other days. Her workplace is closed now, of course.
    Her employers have paid her some money under the Wage Subsidy Scheme- works out at about 16 hours a week pay.

But she has received no additional payment since mid March, so is down about €120 a week.

She didn't know if she should apply for the covid payment, but did anyway and had it rejected.
    I've advised her to phone her Intreo Centre tomorrow, to see what the story is.

She has dockets still up to this week, but they are not signed by her employer obviously, so she didn't send them in.

This X's and O's lark is a complicated thing! :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    My mam usually works 2 days a week and does X's and O's for the other days. Her workplace is closed now, of course.
    Her employers have paid her some money under the Wage Subsidy Scheme- works out at about 16 hours a week pay.

But she has received no additional payment since mid March, so is down about €120 a week.

She didn't know if she should apply for the covid payment, but did anyway and had it rejected.

She has dockets still up to this week, but they are not signed by her employer obviously, so she didn't send them in.

She should keep sending in her dockets reflecting the days she worked (or not) even if they aren’t stamped by her employer. She should ring he local office straight away, in fairness I found them very helpful over the phone, she shouldn’t be at the loss of her sw payment, it’s hard enough being without her employment money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Posy wrote: »

Fill them out as usual and where the employer stamp is supposed to be get her to say "self signed working from home"

I do this every week and its not a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

Hi guys. So just to be clear, if you are on x's and o's and are now down to 0 work days (employer not covering pay) and still submitting your filled in dockets as normal do you also need to go through the process online outlined here? https://services.mywelfare.ie/en/topics/covid-19-payments/covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment/ . Someone mentioned that there's a tick box in the process saying you are getting a payment already so sounds like it but just want to be sure. Asking for someone else so hope I'm being clear as not familiar with this x/o docket process myself.

So it turns out my partner only got normal weeks payments instead of the Covid payment, even after applying for it properly online on 28th (no work since 19th ish I think). Looks like she'll have to ring the local office now to try and sort it all out.

I got my’n through today dated next for next week but my spouse still waiting on hers

I was refused last week via email but reapplied and got it using the exact same information. I think your existing payment has to be suspended before you can get the covid payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

So my partner has had to try and sort her x&o payment to Covid-19 out again for the third time...

Her first online application ended up being refused. She rang up when we found out and the person on the phone said they'd had issues with the process for casual workers and they'd have to suspend her current payment and to apply online for the Covid payment again. She did this but it looks like it didn't go through as payment has remained the same.

She spoke to someone again today who checked the system and they said the normal payment was still on the system and the suspension wasn't applied, they'd do it and she'd have to apply again. Who knows whether this will actually happen as the first person, albeit nice and helpful then, also said exactly the same - 'oh yeah it's all done now don't worry' etc.

Proper cluster f**k, she's missed weeks of the payment due to this and who knows whether this will all be backdated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

rodDaly69 wrote:
    Why do you think you should get a pay rise for playing the "X's & O's"? Pay an equal stamp as the people getting the 350 a week payment, then you will be treated equally.

I don't think you understand how PRSI works for all your complaining about it bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rodDaly69

Necro wrote: »
    I don't think you understand how PRSI works for all your complaining about it bud.

Right so, 'bud'. Explain it to me please. I know as an earner, how much I pay in is related to my pay, and then if I'm down on my luck, that relativity is no longer cared about.

The inverse is true for the scummers though. The less they pay in, the more they get.

rodDaly69 wrote: »
    Right so, 'bud'. Explain it to me please. I know as an earner, how much I pay in is related to my pay, and then if I'm down on my luck, that relativity is no longer cared about.

The inverse is true for the scummers though. The less they pay in, the more they get.

So people on x and o are scummers, nice.. Took longer than usual for this site, 69th post, it’s usually within the first 10.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

rodDaly69 wrote:

You know what, I would but you would probably have some smart arse answer for me. I'll leave it at this. YOU don't pay any PRSI on earnings below €352. Not a single cent on them. Same for everyone.
    rodDaly69 wrote:

Classy, calling part time workers scumbags. Who are you to make a judgement on someone who may have to work part time for health reasons, family reasons, or a whole litany of other issues in life you yourself have been lucky to avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

rodDaly69 wrote: »

Can you explain please how someone who was made redundant after being in full time work for years, then struggled to find another job and has now found something 2 or 3 days per week is a “scammer”.
    Also please explain how you can be confident that this won’t happen to you, and won’t you then be a scummer?

You know what, I would but you would probably have some smart arse answer for me. I'll leave it at this. YOU don't pay any PRSI on earnings below €352. Not a single cent on them. Same for everyone.

Are you trying to help my case here? Exactly my point. The more I earn the more I pay to the system, relative to my earnings. But if I ever need to use it, I get the same amount as everyone else. Nothing pay related there.
    Classy, calling part time workers scumbags. Who are you to make a judgement on someone who may have to work part time for health reasons, family reasons, or a whole litany of other issues in life you yourself have been lucky to avoid.

No, part time workers are not scumbags, My apologies if it was taken up like that. And from reading my previous post I can see why it may have been misconstrued.

My understanding is though that if you are claiming the 'X's & O's' you should be actively seeking full time employment? So that makes the 2 reasons you list above null and void, they would be covered by disability or carers? I think both of those payments allow up to 20 hours work a week?

splinter65 wrote: »
    Can you explain please how someone who was made redundant after being in full time work for years, then struggled to find another job and has now found something 2 or 3 days per week is a “scammer”.
    Also please explain how you can be confident that this won’t happen to you, and won’t you then be a scummer?

This person is not a scummer, or indeed a 'scammer'. If they are looking for full time employment, and are working all they can get their hands on until then, I salute them, they absolutely deserve a dig out from the state. Hell, I would say the dig out they get should be related to all they have paid into the system over the years! Not the same, or even less than the career dole merchant.

My point about "Least paid into the system, the more gained" was more an attack on those leeches who have never worked in their life, & cost the state the most in handouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

Has anyone had delays in receiving their part time payments from DEASP recently? Last week my husbands payment didn’t arrive in bank on Tuesday. He called in to local office and was told it would be there within 24 hours which it was. He wasn’t given any reason as to why there was a delay. Same thing has happened again this week now. I’m wondering if it’s because they are prioritizing Covid payments so other ones are slipping through the net. He was told to apply for Covid payment last week by welfare office which he did so maybe that’s what is causing the delay today. Intreo office is closed today though so won’t be getting any answers today! Ridiculous situation!!

Is anyone here being cut for the bank holidays? I got cut for Easter Monday, I rang the local office and I was told I had worked so many days in 5 weeks that I was cut on that basis. I asked will I be cut for the May bank holiday and I was told definitely not, yep you've guessed it, I got cut again it's very stressful I've little enough as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Is anyone here being cut for the bank holidays? I got cut for Easter Monday, I rang the local office and I was told I had worked so many days in 5 weeks that I was cut on that basis. I asked will I be cut for the May bank holiday and I was told definitely not, yep you've guessed it, I got cut again it's very stressful I've little enough as it is.

If you’ve worked 40 hours total or more over the previous 5 weeks immediately preceding the public holiday then you get nothing from SW for the public holiday because you’re supposed to get it from your employer.
    Go after your employer for it, you can’t get it from SW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

CoBo55 wrote: »

Like what splinter says, if you have worked more than 40 hours in the 5 weeks before the holiday, social welfare wont' pay it.

However, don't take social welfare's word for it. They often make mistakes and will often just cut the payment for the bank holiday for casual workers without checking the number of hours worked. Check the figures. If you have worked the days, then chase your employer. If you don't have an entitlement from your employer, get a letter from them and challenge social welfare on it. If they have made a mistake they should correct it. If they keep making the mistake, make a complaint and hopefully that will sort it out.

Like what splinter says, if you have worked more than 40 hours in the 5 weeks before the holiday, social welfare wont' pay it.

However, don't take social welfare's word for it. They often make mistakes and will often just cut the payment for the bank holiday for casual workers without checking the number of hours worked. Check the figures. If you have worked the days, then chase your employer. If you don't have an entitlement from your employer, get a letter from them and challenge social welfare on it. If they have made a mistake they should correct it. If they keep making the mistake, make a complaint and hopefully that will sort it out.

That's what I was told after I was cut for Easter Monday. I rang the local office yesterday and they told me I would be refunded next week, I'll wait and see....

Advertisement