Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land

Options
  • 25-03-2020 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

A person with land

What is the process?
    Do we go through an estate agent? Or do we go to our own independent solicitors and let them deal with all the paperwork? Can we complete the sale on a private manner?

The *seller is a gentleman in his senior years, we are reasonable close friends of 20years.

The land is not been used for anything., the gentleman has no family or any body else interested in buying the land and also has no family to leave the land to in years to come

The land is situated at the back of my country home and this is why I have an interest in buying it

I value the land to be of 10k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭con747

ash2020 wrote: »
    A person with land

What is the process?
    Do we go through an estate agent? Or do we go to our own independent solicitors and let them deal with all the paperwork? Can we complete the sale on a private manner?

The buyer is a gentleman in his senior years, we are reasonable close friends of 20years.

The land is not been used for anything., the gentleman has no family or any body else interested in buying the land and also has no family to leave the land to in years to come

The land is situated at the back of my country home and this is why I have an interest in buying it

I would get the land valued and then just use your own solicitors for the paper work. Once the seller is compos mentis i don't see any issues. I wouldn't be paying estate agent fees. Get a free valuation, most would do that.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

A person with land

What is the process?

The buyer is a gentleman in his senior years, we are reasonable close friends of 20years.

The buyer is a gentleman in his senior years and You have an interest in buyig it? Are you the elderly gentleman?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

The buyer is a gentleman in his senior years and You have an interest in buyig it? Are you the elderly gentleman?

I am in my 40s, he is in his 80s

I am in my 40s, he is in his 80s

Is he buying or are you?

He is selling.

I am looking to buy.

• Advertisement

A person with land... what?
    Do they want to sell?
    Do they want to sell to you?
    Have they taken independent advice, eg valuer, solicitor?
    Have you taken advice?
    Have you spoken to them?

He is selling.

I am looking to buy.

If he is selling why did you call him the buyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

A person with land

What is the process?

The *seller is a gentleman in his senior years, we are reasonable close friends of 20years.

10k sounds very low, hopefully hlthe elderly gentleman has good advise and won't be taken for a ride.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    10k sounds very low, hopefully hlthe elderly gentleman has good advise and won't be taken for a ride.

For your information, land in the country for example 2acher of land can be got in roscommon for 10k

10k is extremely very fair for this piece of land I am looking to buy, my other reason to make the purchase is to secure no unwanted neibhours in future to come

If he is selling why did you call him the buyer?

My typo, I have corrected the word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If he is happy with the price and you are happy with the price you both need to contact separate and get it formalized and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

For your information, land in the country for example 2acher of land can be got in roscommon for 10k

10k is extremely very fair for this piece of land I am looking to buy, my other reason to make the purchase is to secure no unwanted neibhours in future to come

What's an acher?

A person with land... what?
    Do they want to sell?
    Do they want to sell to you?
    Have they taken independent advice, eg valuer, solicitor?
    Have you taken advice?
    Have you spoken to them?

Yes he told me he wouldnt mind selling it in recent years
    I guess why not
    He has sold land before, he sold sites with planning permission about 10/15 years ago
    No I have not taken advice I trust the gentleman would not do me a bad turn, he Is very loyal and veri well respected and would have nothing to gain of this piece of land except my money and I have plenty of that. So that dosnt bother me. as previously mentioned, 10k is a very good will offer from what I see been sold in local estate agents.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    What's an acher?

2 acre of land

Advertisement