Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus house-share problem

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Id ask politely but really what power do you have? You could call the cops perhaps?

It clearly didn't go down too well because these two have been hot and cold with me since and TBH although I've been less than impressed, I've been totally civil.

Gave my months notice there yesterday. Unbelievable carry on.

And yes, I will call the Guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

It clearly didn't go down too well because these two have been hot and cold with me since and TBH although I've been less than impressed, I've been totally civil.

Gave my months notice there yesterday. Unbelievable carry on.

And yes, I will call the Guards.

I hope you explained to the landlord why you were moving out.

PopTarts wrote: »
    I hope you explained to the landlord why you were moving out.

No point sure, sure this one is pally with her.

Best to just move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

No point sure, sure this one is pally with her.

Best to just move on.

You are 100% in the right, you might consider contacting threshold , fcuk the landlord ,you have rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Bet shes a big unit aswell , getting it while she can

Fat cow ;)

Sorry rant over

Continue

• Advertisement

shafty100 wrote: »
    You are 100% in the right, you might consider contacting threshold , fcuk the landlord ,you have rights.

There hasn't been anyone down since yet, but the vibe is off.

I'm not bothered about moving on TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Eircom_Sucks - Unhelpful. Don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,522 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

There hasn't been anyone down since yet, but the vibe is off.

I'm not bothered about moving on TBH.

Is it easy to move at the moment? Can you even do house viewings?

Is it easy to move at the moment? Can you even do house viewings?

Well that's the thing. The lock-down is supposed to end on the 12th but we all know that it's going to be extended. My hope it that there will be some kind of reduction in lock- down movement around mid May. LL seems OK with that.

I'm OK to move within the 2km zone, people or LL's giving viewings to prospective tenants within the next month is another matter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Did u ring the guards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,522 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

LilacNails wrote: »
    Did u ring the guards?

I saw on RTÉ that they actually are asking people to call them when people are acting the maggot. So it wouldn’t be unreasonable to call them if the guy comes over again. You’ve no way to know if she goes to his place though

I saw on RTÉ that they actually are asking people to call them when people are acting the maggot. So it wouldn’t be unreasonable to call them if the guy comes over again. You’ve no way to know if she goes to his place though

Yeah, that could be happening for all I know, it's the Easter holiday weekend that's of concern to me now.

See how it goes.

So the LL's BF is calling to the house to bleed out radiators tomorrow. Don't know him, no idea where he's been.

Starting to think people here are just dumb now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

So the LL's BF is calling to the house to bleed out radiators tomorrow. Don't know him, no idea where he's been.

Starting to think people here are just dumb now.

Is there a problem with the heating? If not tell them that in accordance with legislation they cannot be admitted to the house as they don't reside there and they are not providing an essential service.

Caranica wrote: »
    Is there a problem with the heating? If not tell them that in accordance with legislation they cannot be admitted to the house as they don't reside there and they are not providing an essential service.

We don't even bother with heating here, surely it can wait until the lockdown is over?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is your Tenancy registered with the RTB? Could you call them and ask for advice?

A landlord should still be allowed carry out repairs ,subject to giving you reasonable notice, as far as I know. But it would be worth asking the RTB whether, in these times and given the work isn't an emergency, can you ask them to hold off.

Is your Tenancy registered with the RTB? Could you call them and ask for advice?

A landlord should still be allowed carry out repairs ,subject to giving you reasonable notice, as far as I know. But it would be worth asking the RTB whether, in these times and given the work isn't an emergency, can you ask them to hold off.

Nah I had a word there and he's coming in with a mask and stuff a few other things need to be fixed as well so it's a compromise.

Advertisement