Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation of Oral/Practical Exams

Options
  • 26-03-2020 12:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭

Good evening,

Having been banned from the teaching and lecturing forum I do feel hard done by. The mod has been unwavering in their attempt to get me banned. With no apparent reason I call for justice. Spurious' decision lacks reason.

Please do something.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

is this the 2 week ban you received about 10 minutes before starting this thread?

have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Lc2020

Beasty wrote: »
    is this the 2 week ban you received about 10 minutes before starting this thread?

have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod?

Yes to both

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lc2020 wrote: »
    Yes to both

OK, but has that discussion concluded? I struggle to believe you completed that PM exchange within 10 minutes, but appreciate there may have been further discussion since then

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, but has that discussion concluded? I struggle to believe you completed that PM exchange within 10 minutes, but appreciate there may have been further discussion since then

yes i notified mod id be lodging a complaint and they said that's fine

Please note only the OP, CMod dealing with the appeal or Admin/Office Staff may post in a dispute thread

Post deleted

• Advertisement

OP, as the mod who banned you is also a CMod for Education I will have a look at this

Could you please post the full PM exchange with the mod concerning this ban here

Thanks

Dear Lc2020,

You have been banned from Teaching & Lecturing for two weeks for posting about a forbidden topic.

There are some things we don't allow discussion about on Boards.ie.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

spurious

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lc2020 View Post
    I'd like to remind everyone that tomorrow will mark the one week anniversary of a very dark sombre day in the history of the Irish education system. There goes a generation that will never appreciate the benefits of bilingualism.

In recognition of this fact I'd ask you all to spam the office of Joe McHugh tomorrow. A poxy f&q's published on examinations.ie just won't cut it. We want answers.

Sincerely,

6th year students.

I am appealing this on the grounds that I did nothing wrong.

(no response)

Please note I've lodged a formal complaint against this and will leave it up to the mods decide the fate of this ban. Thank you.

_____

That's fine.
    Thank you for letting me know

You said "no response"

Please read the instructions on how to deal with a dispute at the head of this forum. As I've already stated you started this thread within 10 minutes of receiving the ban. You are supposed to give the mod 1-2 days to reply

I am closing this thread to give you the opportunity to re-engage with the mod in line with the requirements of this forum

If you do not consider the conclusion of that discussion satisfactory, please start a new thread here. However I am considering the process to be starting now as you made no attempt whatsoever to resolve this with the mod. You simply claimed you "did nothing wrong". Maybe you should clarify what the mod considered you did wrong. This process involves engagement with the mod, and not simply an "I am right, you are wrong" statement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement