Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir slow?

• 26-03-2020 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    In Galway city, anyone notice issues with Eir broadband today - really slow, often times sites won't load.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    In Galway city, anyone notice issues with Eir broadband today - really slow, often times sites won't load.

I'm in Tipperary myself and noticed from last night it was dropping like mad and earlier on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭jogdish

Darksoul wrote: »
    I'm in Tipperary myself and noticed from last night it was dropping like mad and earlier on today.
    Urm, so not just me - its really frustrating its neither not working or working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Urm, so not just me - its really frustrating its neither not working or working.

Mine is working but it is noticeable not working for a few mins from time to time,why it's bad I haven't a clue must be some maintenance going on,have you tried unplugging the router for a few minutes and see does it fix the problem?

Darksoul wrote: »
    Mine is working but it is noticeable not working for a few mins from time to time,why it's bad I haven't a clue must be some maintenance going on,have you tried unplugging the router for a few minutes and see does it fix the problem?
    Yup, unplugged didn't help.

As I said its not, not working, rather very very slow on certain sites, then all of a sudden normal, then failing to load at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭westgolf

National issue with both Vodafone and Eir apparently. See downdetector.ie for updates.

You would think that they would keep an extra effort in making sure that the systems hold up given the current situation in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

It’s because of all the people working from home.

westgolf wrote: »
    National issue with both Vodafone and Eir apparently. See downdetector.ie for updates.

You would think that they would keep an extra effort in making sure that the systems hold up given the current situation in the country.
    Cheers! at least it not just me, had tried down detector but site never loaded - lol

Ah I'll give them the benefit, can't be easy scrambling people to fix these things

cozar wrote: »
    It’s because of all the people working from home.
    that would only explain slow around, peak times it's, 00:35

, was grand all this and last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

that would only explain slow around, peak times it's, 00:35

, was grand all this and last week.

Got an email from them saying it was slow due to WFH and they were going to try and improve on this. Can’t see why, as you say, it would be slow at this hour!

Grand again this morning, 11am, has to have been something more than working from home - which I can't imagine is a huge bandwidth strain, but streaming/video games from home might be :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

In the rural north Galway area and have no Vodafone broadband from home, though the phoneline is fine. Anyone else experiencing such issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Based in Dublin and having a lot of trouble with Eir fixed broadband for the last couple of days. Keeps dropping the connection. Really abysmally since 6:15 today. Trying to do some work and it's almost impossible. Any one else having issues?

Thanks.

All residential networks are getting hammered at the moment.

As people are working from home.

So the contention ratio on your residential circuit is being fulfilled throughout the day.

NoDrama wrote: »
    All residential networks are getting hammered at the moment.

As people are working from home.

So the contention ratio on your residential circuit is being fulfilled throughout the day.

Thanks for replying. I guess it's to be expected that things might be slower, but I'm seeing the connection constantly dropping completely for up to 30 minutes at a time. Then it comes back for a little while and just drops again. Could that be a contention issue or possibly a fault?

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Thanks for replying. I guess it's to be expected that things might be slower, but I'm seeing the connection constantly dropping completely for up to 30 minutes at a time. Then it comes back for a little while and just drops again. Could that be a contention issue or possibly a fault?

It could be their DNS servers also..

Maybe change to another DNS upstream, cloudflare, quad9, etc..

You can apply the change to your device first as a test.

If there is any improvement, then make the change on your router to update all devices.

NoDrama wrote: »
    It could be their DNS servers also..

Maybe change to another DNS upstream, cloudflare, quad9, etc..

You can apply the change to your device first as a test.

If there is any improvement, then make the change on your router to update all devices.

Definitely worth a try. How do I change to another DNS?

Many thanks.

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Definitely worth a try. How do I change to another DNS?

Many thanks.

Think I might have found an "idiot's guide", which is just what I'll need. :)

I'll give it a go...

No joy changing DNS. I think we must have a fault. I've reported it to Eir. Lord knows when they will be able to look at this :(

Advertisement