Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Putting together a page with some online services that have been made free during this whole thing. Might interest some here

https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/giveback/

Shane, I have just given that a tweet.

One thing that has become clear is the attitude of some of my colleagues. I'm working in the public sector in an "essential service". It's a very small close-knit team (so I thought). Yesterday we received notice of significant changes to our hours and work patterns. My attitude is fine, roll the sleeves up and get on with things, this is an emergency and I want to help. I feel that I'm lucky to have a job seeing all the unfortunate people laid off. Anyway, I contact some of my "team" to inform them of the changes and unfortunately from a few of them it's all "me, me, me". I'm shocked and disgusted. And before people trot out the typical "civil servant" line, two of these people have come from the private sector.

Fk off with that 'lucky to have a job' crap. The public sector is open to all, people choose not to apply. I made my career choice, your made yours and so on.

And I too have had my hours changed and it sucks but as you say, it's the job I signed up for and it's the situation we find ourselves in. Roll up the sleeves and get to work, isolate as best I can off duty.

Very annoying the amount of my colleagues posting, retweeting those 'we stay in work so you can stay at home' memes followed by then at the beach, park, etc and generally making no effort to isolate off duty.

Just because we have to work doesn't mean the world becomes our post apocalypse playground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,317 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Jesus, they’re going to starve us in rural Ireland so, as no one outside a town lives within 2km of a grocery shop :rolleyes:

If you're living in the middle of nowhere, then clearly the 2km thing doesn't apply at all and you're not going to get into any trouble if you drive much further than this to do your shopping or go the chemist.

It's obviously mainly meant for those in cities and large towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

It's pretty simple, take the 2km thing for exercise out of it for a minute. It applies to your brief walk or run.

Your being asked/told, stay at home, leave only to go to a supermarket, only go to work if it's an essential service (list to be published by gov).

If your stopped by gardai and aren't out for any of the above reasons be prepared to be told to go home.

Considering the country gets 20% from takeaway, I wonder how some will cope.

Those with more than two brain cells to rub together could google popular recipes online and take it from there. I still have some faith in humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭maebee

Please stop about the jogging and the 2 km etc. Stay the F at home everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭pgj2015

how many times a day can you go for a run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Looks as if most businesses will be able to stay open more BS for Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Jesus, they’re going to starve us in rural Ireland so, as no one outside a town lives within 2km of a grocery shop :rolleyes:

Like it has been said on the previous 449 pages, this 2km thing only applies for exercise. Shop wherever the hell you want. If it's 3km away, don't run to it. Take the car.

Putting together a page with some online services that have been made free during this whole thing. Might interest some here

https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/giveback/

Well done that man

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

theballz wrote: »
    This is will not stop me doing my daily 10K run thats for sure.

A 50 euro or so fine might though which will be the next measure brought in due to knob jockeys like your good self.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Sono Topolino

Get Real wrote: »
    I could dump asbestos in the Wicklow Mountains in the middle of the night and no one would know.

I could steal a purse from an unlocked car with no CCTV footage and no one would know.

What's wrong with doing a 20mile run within the 2km radius?

I don't see the point in stating the obvious just to feel like "I showed them" or "ha, so many holes in this policy". It's easy to run outside the radius, but equally as easy to run within it.

Please make a “you wouldn’t steal a purse, you wouldn’t illegally dump asbestos” public information video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,723 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Those with more than two brain cells to rub together could google popular recipes online and take it from there. I still have some faith in humanity.

Bit like a video posted here a few days ago about some chicken place in the US running out of chicken. One person being interviewed was told no chicken left and she says "how am I supposed to feed my kids?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

hmmm wrote: »
    And then a second wave. And another after that. We need a credible description from the government of what their exit strategy is here, or we'll be at this for years. Sweden and the Netherlands have gone down a very different route - I'm not saying it's right, but there are options other than locking us all inside for the next few years.

Failure to do this is a crime against the Nation.

You can't imprison the country with absolutely no explanation as to what you will achieve. Two years of this is wholly unacceptable and they should be jailed for it.

pgj2015 wrote: »

Once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

As many as you like , once you do it alone and within 2Km of your house

7. But only on odd number hours. And the wind must be blowing south as this is a known detterent for the disease. And wear Asics runners. They boost the immune system.
    Christ!

fritzelly wrote: »
    Once!
    The reports did t say once
    - To take brief individual personal exercise within 2km of your own home which may include children from your own household as long as you adhere to two-metre physical distancing

BoatMad wrote: »
    The reports did t say once

Said brief exercise
    to take brief individual physical exercise within 2 kilometres of your home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Fk off with that 'lucky to have a job' crap. The public sector is open to all, people choose not to apply. I made my career choice, your made yours and so on.

And I too have had my hours changed and it sucks but as you say, it's the job I signed up for and it's the situation we find ourselves in. Roll up the sleeves and get to work, isolate as best I can off duty.

Very annoying the amount of my colleagues posting, retweeting those 'we stay in work so you can stay at home' memes followed by then at the beach, park, etc and generally making no effort to isolate off duty.

Just because we have to work doesn't mean the world becomes our post apocalypse playground

Well I am lucky to have a job, and I am extremely disappointed in some of my colleagues attempts to get out of work in an emergency. What's wrong with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Shane, I have just given that a tweet.

Thanks for that mate, appreciate it. Just trying to make this easier for ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Failure to do this is a crime against the Nation.

You can't imprison the country with absolutely no explanation as to what you will achieve. Two years of this is wholly unacceptable and they should be jailed for it.

Where you getting this two years thing? You missed a zero, it's 20 years!

Jaysus, just use your common sense. If your driving to a mountain or something or have a specific path or a farm with no one around your okay.

the police will be stopping people and looking to see that people are within the 2km zone

Can we deem “being George Lee” a non-essential business/service? 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Chinese in Wuhan testing positive. Is this the double bubble?

glasso wrote: »
    the police will be stopping people and looking to see that people are within the 2km zone

That wont happen unless you are a scrote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭paul71

How many times am I allowed to go to the toilet?

Said brief exercise

Again that means you can’t be out all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

glasso wrote: »

And the gendarmes will be helping them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

theballz wrote: »
    Honestly I f**kin hate bats after all this.

All bats or just Chinese ones?

Reading on RTE regarding essential workers. Id say most will be at work again on Monday!!
    Ffs shut it down or dont. Enough already with the half measures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭threeball

Podge201 wrote: »
    Chinese in Wuhan testing positive. Is this the double bubble?

It was inevitable that not all cases of the virus were traced. It may even live in in pets before transmitting back to humans. Lockdowns only solve the problem temporarily. The virus will return one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Do you really need the guards to tell you what to do? The instructions are to stay at home except for the reasons outlined, dozens of times on thread at this stage.

You are instructed to not make social calls to family.

Still not an answer to my question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

United States heading for more than 20,000 new cases for yesterday (up from 17,224 on Thursday). 400 deaths so far for Friday nationwide.

New York has a new high of 7,000 new cases and 138 deaths (up from 100 yesterday) so far recorded for Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,317 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

A lot of talk about the 2km but people don't seem to have noticed the congregation issue. From my reading of the restrictions, two teenagers or two adults cannot walk along the street together (all public gatherings of any number of people prohibited).

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    It was inevitable that not all cases of the virus were traced. It may even live in in pets before transmitting back to humans. Lockdowns only solve the problem temporarily. The virus will return one way or another.

Agreed , but the point is to prevent overwhelming the Health systems , so that people don’t end up dying in the streets , it seems our health service is overwhelmed at about 1000 sick ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Thanks for that mate, appreciate it. Just trying to make this easier for ourselves!
    It's what we need.

paul71 wrote: »
    How many times am I allowed to go to the toilet?

well 3 months ago was a very different Ireland wasnt it? who knows what they will force us to do next.

Strazdas wrote: »
    A lot of talk about the 2km but people don't seem to have noticed the congregation issue. From my reading of the restrictions, two teenagers or two adults cannot walk along the street together (all public gatherings of any number of people prohibited).

The whole point is these regulations are much easier to police

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It’s not bats �� fault, it’s humans. They are invading animals space more and more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭maebee

blackcard wrote: »
    A lot of posts on here about what you shouldn't do, not so many about what you should do. l

You should stay at home, for 2 weeks.

Joggers should know that their favourite paths will still be there when this is over, and if they follow the guidelines maybe so will they.

Love all this "how will they enforce it" comments. They can't. They're asking you to not be a total prat for a few days.

Again that means you can’t be out all day

And you need to be told going out 20 times a day for a brief exercise is not what they mean?
    Do people really need to be told in simple terms do not go out because every time you go out you are potentially infecting someone else

Seriously this whole 2km thing is rubbish - just stop it now, essential travel only - work and food and nothing else.

Making me angry reading some peoples attitudes on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I think you miss the whole point of this virus issue don’t yiu

No I don’t.

Even if I had it, how am I going to infect anyone by being outside?

And if I am outside what will the guards do?

That is all I’m asking but none of you seem capable of answering. Just post snark.

Snark means you hss as bent a blue what the answer is.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TearFairy

Absolutely heartbroken and sickened tonight by the selfish a**holes on here who are thinking getting in their stupid runs/needless visits are more important than protecting my elderly ill parents and parents in law ( I have not seen them in ages and am terrified I may not again) from something they could never fight and all the other of thousands in the same position.

I work in critical services and have family in health care. We continue to go work everyday/night looking after you and your family. We leave our kids behind everyday and go out there to try and help those who need it

F**k you pathetic individuals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

all they are asking is for you to stay in your house or garden and only go out for quick exercise, food and medicines. Basically not to be a prat. Simples.

And you need to be told going out 20 times a day for a brief exercise is not what they mean?
    Do people really need to be told in simple terms do not go out because every time you go out you are potentially infecting someone else

Seriously this whole 2km thing is rubbish - just stop it now, essential travel only - work and food and nothing else.

Making me angry reading some peoples attitudes on here

next you will want us all put in straight jackets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Measuring tape at the ready. Difficult to enforce for sure, rather the government is relying on the public to act in good faith and I suspect most will out of consideration for others. Those who repeatedly flaunt the guidelines hopefully receiving a sharp reprimand.

A sharp fine is what these ****ers should be getting. That will hopefully be the next measure brought in.

maebee wrote: »
    You should stay at home, for 2 weeks.

And it's as simple as that. And yet we have over 400 pages of people who need this explained to them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement