Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

One of the worries must have been people going to beaches, parks etc over the weekend and how they could control it, otherwise they would have given notice, left it till Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

fritzelly wrote: »
    Local GAA, help groups - plenty of options out there if you look. They are not expecting people to starve

No one was expecting those elderly people in Spain to die of neglect either.

It still happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

China updated today with +54 new cases and +3 new deaths.

According to the Chinese government ALL 54 cases were imported, meaning if true China could well be heading for 0 new cases shortly given they've now banned international travel into the country.

Avoiding to the Chinese, the Tiananmen square massacre never happened either so totally believable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

People here seem to be forgetting that the vast majority of people will hear these restrictions and automatically stick to them without any need for enforcement.

Im pissed off,got a call saying I wont get to see my kids this weekend because of this.
    Deep down I know its the right thing to do but fcuk me the 2 boys are all I live for...gonna be a tough couple of weeks.

Fcuking arseholes crying about running or cycling wanna get their priorities right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭paul71

pgj2015 wrote: »
    well 3 months ago was a very different Ireland wasnt it? who knows what they will force us to do next.

You deliberately asked a ridiculous question, I responded with an equally ridiculous one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

TearFairy wrote: »
    Absolutely heartbroken and sickened tonight by the selfish a**holes on here who are thinking getting in their stupid runs/needless visits are more important than protecting my elderly ill parents and parents in law ( I have not seen them in ages and am terrified I may not again) from something they could never fight and all the other of thousands in the same position.

I work in critical services and have family in health care. We continue to go work everyday/night looking after you and your family. We leave our kids behind everyday and go out there to try and help those who need it

F**k you pathetic individuals

Stop now and dont be so dramatic.

The govt has endulged and enabled these people by announcing yet more half arse measures. Direct your ire at them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

next you will want us all put in straight jackets.

Seems like some are in dire need of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

No I don’t.

Even if I had it, how am I going to infect anyone by being outside?

And if I am outside what will the guards do?

That is all I’m asking but none of you seem capable of answering. Just post snark.

Snark means you hss as bent a blue what the answer is.

Phone a Garda station or ask them on twitter. How the fcuk are randomers on teh interwebs supposed to know the intricate details of enforcement of a policy that's just been announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

No I don’t.

That is all I’m asking but none of you seem capable of answering. Just post snark.

“ you” are included because it’s a generalised regulation to attempt to slow the spread of the virus into the community , ie into homes.

Hence the requirement to essentially stay at home

I find it deeply disingenuous people trying to find loopholes here

• Advertisement

Phone a Garda station or ask them on twitter. How the fcuk are randomers on teh interwebs supposed to know the intricate details of enforcement of a policy that's just been announced?

It has been announced that Gardaí are beginning a nationwide policing of these regulations from tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

He never mentioned jogging,.does anyone know if it's ok for me to do my daily 20k!?
    Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Probably better if a certain cohort are - ffs it's two weeks not a life sentence

If all the people infected now only infect people in the same household then we are stopping the infection in it's tracks. I highly doubt it will be 2 weeks but I would rather a month of this than 3 months of thinking who has it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

What I'm reading here and on facebook is mind boggling.

Seriously like I thought we were an intelligent nation.

Stay at home and use common sense to stop the virus spreading.

FFS like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

The disease has become a global pandemic in the space of 3 months. But you're right. It probably spread from people staying indoors away from others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    People here seem to be forgetting that the vast majority of people will hear these restrictions and automatically stick to them without any need for enforcement.

Im pissed off,got a call saying I wont get to see my kids this weekend because of this.
    Deep down I know its the right thing to do but fcuk me the 2 boys are all I live for...gonna be a tough couple of weeks.

Fcuking arseholes crying about running or cycling wanna get their priorities right.

some people like running, some people like their kids, some people dont give a $ht about kids.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Kinda like posters like you writing some amount of crap on the internet

Aww did I hurt your feelings?

In some cases it would seem perfectly justifiable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

khalessi wrote: »
    all they are asking is for you to stay in your house or garden and only go out for quick exercise, food and medicines. Basically not to be a prat. Simples.

Not a single person indicated that they intend to do anything more than what you said. What exactly are you moaning about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

What is essential work transport? As in couldn't any worker use that excuse or do they have to be medical workers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

What's the difference between walking 2km from your home vs driving somewhere nice and secluded and going for a walk, like up a mountain.

People acting like it's airborne and you'll catch it if you go outside. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Stop now and dont be so dramatic.

The govt has endulged and enabled these people by announcing yet more half arse measures. Direct your ire at them.

Half arsed , short of imprisioning everyone in their homes , I fail to see how this could be made more severe without causing extreme hardship, lockdowns didn’t occur in wartime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

some people like running, some people like their kids, some people dont give a $ht about kids.

Are you really comparing going for a run to seeing your own child?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

Stupid question but are you allowed to go for a drive and stay in the car or is that against the rules? The auld lad need to have a look around to see everything is ok or he'll go spare but he's in no shape to leave the car regardless.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Not a single person indicated that they intend to do anything more than what you said. What exactly are you moaning about?

Yes they have. Read the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

No I don’t.

HOw can you infect someone by being outside?

Well lets see, what if you are an asymtomatic carrier of Covid and you cough after a run or walk not realising. Well it can hang in the air for up to 3 hours and possibly infect someone waling through it.

Thats one suggestion.

No you can probably hike the mountainsor go for a run or drive, or walk 500 miles or cycle wherever b, ut all you are doing is illuminating yourself as a prat.

You are being asked to restrict your movements for what is necessary so people like me immunosuppressed, my dad cancer, my relatives with CF or other lung conditions who could die and will probably become ill if unlucky, dont come in contact by accident with you or someone in your company and catch covid.

You are being asked to sit on your couch or whatever to help stop spread. DOnt be a prat about it.

doylefe wrote: »
    What's the difference between walking 2km from your home vs driving somewhere nice and secluded and going for a walk, like up a mountain.

People acting like it's airborne and you'll catch it if you go outside. Ridiculous.

It’s not about “ you “ , it’s about loads of people driving to “ nice and secluded “ places.

Get with the programme sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

So are the Guards going to be stopping people asking where they’re going or how exactly is this going to be policed? Is it just up to us all to comply and then Guards will intervene when measures are clearly not being adhered to? What’s to stop Dave saying he’s going to Tesco to do his mother’s shopping 5k away and then stopping on his way home for an hours run. Who is actually going to be monitoring this?

They’ll hope that most people will respect the rules. Most will I’m sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

con747 wrote: »
    In my case my OH works in a sector that is vital so is doing 14-17 hour days since the beginning of the month 7 days a week. We are a 1 car household and her hours do not coincide with supermarket opening. So, I have to try get people i don't know to get my shopping is what has changed for me and numerous others in that boat. Also we live in the middle of nowhere with no nearby neighbours.

Where are you? There are volunteer gorups everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dummy_crusher

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    What is essential work transport? As in couldn't any worker use that excuse or do they have to be medical workers?

I know non-medical people who have been issued permits stating that their work is essential.

tvc15 wrote: »
    Stupid question but are you allowed to go for a drive and stay in the car or is that against the rules? The auld lad need to have a look around to see everything is ok or he'll go spare but he's in no shape to leave the car regardless.

No non essential travel , he can go “ spare “ in front of the telly

• Advertisement

I just don't get this running and jogging and gym shyte anymore.

Well it ain't going to happen again for a while, so they might have to do the circle around their area. Fine.

Please don't tell us about how hard it is for you though. Had enough now.

Is that directed at me or the joggers?

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

paul71 wrote: »
    No, you called it a junta. Whereas it is clearly the constitutional government of this country, and the bill was passed by the elected Dail, approved by the constitutionally appointed/elected senad, and signed into law by the elected president.

It is a junta. I stand by that.

We had our chance for this sort of approach but last weekend showed that a minority of people cannot be trusted to be reasonable. You'd have no guarantee that 10,000 Dubs wouldn't also rock up to your mountain for a bit of fresh air at the same time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Ace2007 wrote: »
    you hate being wrong don't you -

It's lucky I'm always right then. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

theballz wrote: »
    This is will not stop me doing my daily 10K run thats for sure.

Oooh edgyyy.

FFS some absolute children about. Probably the most critical juncture we are at since WW2, the biggest crisis we will face in our lifetimes and some selfish arseholes can't abide by the guidelines for 2 weeks at the minimum.

Err , were in the middle of a f-ing emergency , get with the programme

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

MarkY91 wrote: »

Moaning, not moaning check thread earlier peole quesiton whether they would be caught going outside restrictions , driving 150 miles to visit people.

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Whatever happened to 'power walking' .....you know the type arms swinging like a sasquatch, seems to have gone out of fashion

I saw someone do that recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭CaoinDory

Guys quick question.

OH gas been told he has to come into work as delivering lime to farmers us an essential.

Is this the case? Not sure I believe his boss!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Just use your common sense, if he's not interacting with anyone will be fine.

If he's driving 20KM and going into different shops even though there's one a KM from his house then no its not okay. If he interacts with even a single person then no its not okay as well.

Seriously people just use common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

There's nothing wrong with this. The only problem is this forum has proven beyond doubt that there are a lot of absolute thicks in this country not capable of common sense.

Risteard81 wrote: »

How is legislation passed by a newly elected Dail, can be regarded as a junta , is beyond me

Take him for a drive when you go shopping for food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

United States heading for more than 20,000 new cases for yesterday (up from 17,224 on Thursday). 400 deaths so far for Friday nationwide.

New York has a new high of 7,000 new cases and 138 deaths (up from 100 yesterday) so far recorded for Friday.

US is epicentre now.

Italy, France, Spain and Switzerland seem to be levelling off as far as confirmed cases, probably expect Italy to see a fall off in new cases early next week and the others to follow probably week after.

US looks like its going to have an explosion in expotential growth. Chicago, Detroit and LA look like they could be at NYC level in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Woodsie1 wrote: »

I was already resigned to the fact I wouldn't see my little fella. His mam is diabetic so even before tonights restrictions we had decided it was a bad idea. Even when the 2 week lockdown ends, if it ends after two weeks, I'll likely still not see him, too risky. Video calls and plenty of them. Will try think of a few games to play over a video call, make the most of it.

Risteard81 wrote: »

No you are wrong. It is the constitutional Government of the country. Show me the section of the constitution which states they are not.

Just use your common sense, if he's not interacting with anyone will be fine.

That’s exactly the problem , common sense isn’t common , the government has asked you to STAY AT HOME , except for essentials like food and medicine ,

Why can’t you see that. It’s not about an individuals responsibility , because that was “ last “ week , this is no basically a directive to shelter in place

Got to love The Daily Fail- bless their cotton socks

They only have McGregor appealing to “his people”

In case your watching McGregor- go fck ureself

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8161979/New-coronavirus-restrictions-movement-announced-Ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

My company has come up with the medical thing too. We make pigments for paint and textiles

How are they saying they are medical ??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement