Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

CaoinDory wrote: »
    Guys quick question.

OH gas been told he has to come into work as delivering lime to farmers us an essential.

Is this the case? Not sure I believe his boss!!!

Farm work is essential so as a supply line it would be classed as essential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Guys quick question.

OH gas been told he has to come into work as delivering lime to farmers us an essential.

Is this the case? Not sure I believe his boss!!!

Farmer need it to keep up food production...your man(you said truck driver?)is essential to keep supply chain going.
    Ask him how many people he comes into contact with daily,ill bet its very very few,Im a trucker too and Im still working,Im face to face with less than 5 people a day on average...sometimes i see nobody only talk over intercomms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

doylefe wrote: »
    What's the difference between walking 2km from your home vs driving somewhere nice and secluded and going for a walk, like up a mountain.

People acting like it's airborne and you'll catch it if you go outside. Ridiculous.

What if someone coughs on your car door handle while your on your walk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

paul71 wrote: »
    Take him for a drive when you go shopping for food.

Great, you risk picking up the virus shopping and transmitting it to him in the car on the way home , or perhaps you have a sink and hot water in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭CaoinDory

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Farmer need it to keep up food production...your man(you said truck driver?)is essential to keep supply chain going.
    Ask him how many people he comes into contact with daily,ill bet its very very few,Im a trucker too and Im still working,Im face to face with less than 5 people a day on average...sometimes i see nobody only talk over intercomms

Ha ppl are still trying shake his hand but yea I get ya. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

This is it wrote: »
    I was already resigned to the fact I wouldn't see my little fella. His mam is diabetic so even before tonights restrictions we had decided it was a bad idea. Even when the 2 week lockdown ends, if it ends after two weeks, I'll likely still not see him, too risky. Video calls and plenty of them. Will try think of a few games to play over a video call, make the most of it.

Ive got an old PS4 here Im going to download Fortnite and play it with them,we can talk and have fun through that.
    Havent played computer in years :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

What kind of weirdo would cough on my door handle? Sure just wash the hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

BoatMad wrote: »
    That’s exactly the problem , common sense isn’t common , the government has asked you to STAY AT HOME , except for essentials like food and medicine ,

Why can’t you see that. It’s not about an individuals responsibility , because that was “ last “ week , this is no basically a directive to shelter in place

I agree fully with what your saying. I won't advise anymore.

It won't stop me doing mountain drives or scenic drives etc. where I won't interact with a single person but yea I'll stop giving advice.

Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

How is legislation passed by a newly elected Dail, can be regarded as a junta , is beyond me

Sounds good to the pseudo libertarians on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Just use your common sense, if he's not interacting with anyone will be fine.

If he's driving 20KM and going into different shops even though there's one a KM from his house then no.

This one of the things I’m asking about.

I need to go out tomorrow on an errand. Collect one small package from my sister’s house. I have to walk and will not be interacting with anyone.

Is it now a crime to walk from one place to another?

I’m the carer for my grandmother and I don’t want a Garda who has been interacting with other people coming up to me and potentially infecting me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭growleaves

What if someone sticks their head through your living room window and coughs?

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

What's the difference between walking 2km from your home vs driving somewhere nice and secluded and going for a walk, like up a mountain.

People acting like it's airborne and you'll catch it if you go outside. Ridiculous.

Because everyone has the same idea and crowds flock to those nice scenic places meaning that people like my mother who live there can't even go for a walk around her own neighborhood for the hordes of thicks who let their kids run riot and invade her personal space with no parents giving a fcuk. And since kids are basically plague rats right now, she is trying to avoid them given her health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Have you seen the youtube videos and tik toc, its the covid challenge

I agree fully with what your saying. I won't advise anymore.

It won't stop me doing mountain drives or scenic drives etc. where I won't interact with a single person but yea I'll stop giving advice.

Sorry.

Hopefully the Gardaí will stop people like u, it’s that thinking that has this lockdown forced on us

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭CaoinDory

Why does this still seem to be something people are struggling with? It has been said and written down in black and white.

STAY THE FCUK AT HOME!!!!!!

How are people seriously still asking if they can go "out for a drive"?
    Is it seriously that hard for you to spend 14 days inside in order to help with this? What is wrong with people?

This one of the things I’m asking about.

I need to go out tomorrow on an errand. Collect one small package from my sister’s house. I have to walk and will not be interacting with anyone.

Is it now a crime to walk from one place to another?

I’m the carer for my grandmother and I don’t want a Garda who has been interacting with other people coming up to me and potentially infecting me.

Is the package essential , ie can yiu live without it . If so , dont go , simples

What kind of ****head coughs at people because the internet told him to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Oooh edgyyy.

FFS some absolute children about. Probably the most critical juncture we are at since WW2, the biggest crisis we will face in our lifetimes and some selfish arseholes can't abide by the guidelines for 2 weeks at the minimum.

2K isn't really enough to get your heart rate up for long enough. I'll also continue going on my usual walks of 6 -8k. I'm in a rural location so unless hedges can catch the virus or give it, I should be fine.

• Advertisement

Why does this still seem to be something people are struggling with? It has been said and written down in black and white.

Is it seriously that hard for you to spend 14 days inside in order to help with this? What is wrong with people?

Selfish arses are determined to carry on without a care in the world. Zero patience whatsoever, the health of other people can go to hell because they must take in the sights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Hopefully the Gardaí will stop people like u, it’s that thinking that has this lockdown forced on us

Hopefully locals will report them also.

Is the package essential , ie can yiu live without it . If so , dont go , simples

That depends on what you consider essential.

The ignorant dumb weird ones who have no respect for anyone. Plenty of videos doing rounds of the covid cough challenge the covid lick something challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

sasta le wrote: »

Only one question - why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Ah sure the poor travelers get nothing....

bunch of handout-gouging wasters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

On what basis?

fritzelly wrote: »
    Only one question - why?

In breading leads to bad genes.

Same type of tools that have been talking about going running and cycling on here for the last few hours.

khalessi wrote: »
    The ignorant dumb weird ones who have no respect for anyone. Plenty of videos doing rounds of the covid cough challenge the covid lick something challenge

Yes but my post was in response to someone not believing these types exist

Only one question - why?

I started a thread asking was this right or wrong a few min ago but seems deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Exactly, you just dont know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Get a grip! No one is going to spread the virus or catch it, going for a drive. Put your reusable shopping bags in the car and take the long route to the shops.

cnocbui wrote: »
    2K isn't really enough to get your heart rate up for long enough. I'll also continue going on my usual walks of 6 -8k. I'm in a rural location so unless hedges can catch the virus or give it, I should be fine.

Yes, yes they can. That's the whole ****ing pint of people being time to stay inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Can you explain how I'll spread the Covid-19 by going for a drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭paul71

FFS.

2km on the radius then 12.56km on the circumference of the circle.
    2km on radius back.
    Thats 14.56km.
    You can run all you like within 2km of your home.

tom1ie wrote: »
    On what basis?

I started a thread asking why and was it right or wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

What is wrong with certain people here? It's not rocket science just Stay Home - why the sudden need to F*uckin marathon run across the neighbourhood and far beyond...just stay indoors - keep yourself coronavirus free - nobody wants this, it could kill you, your friends, loved ones etc - the authorities are asking for two weeks you abide by a set of (let's face it, not difficult) requirements so that those of you on the front-line can get on with their vital work. (Without said marathon runner suffering a hamstring injury and further blocking the HSE)

Stay safe all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭growleaves

Exactly, you just dont know.

But the same weirdo could break into your house and cough on you so maybe its best not to be at home.

There's no way to be prepare for behaviour that's totally unpredictable.

Why can't people just turn and run the opposite direction at the 2km point?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Same type of tools that have been talking about going running and cycling on here for the last few hours.

Not at all the same thing.

I think joggers are tools but if unless they hassling people by getting in their personal space then what harm are they doing?

• Advertisement

Can you explain how I'll spread the infection by going for a drive?

If you touch your car and the car touches the road and then other people come along that road.

It's passed via surfaces. How long it lives on them is not fully known yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭paul71

Only one question - why?

I suspect living conditions and average family sizes make them a higher risk group. I don't really have an issue with it.

Not at all the same thing.

I think joggers are tools but if unless they hassling people by getting in their personal space then what harm are they doing?

If they have it, they are contaminating surfaces

Can you explain how I'll spread the Covid-19 by going for a drive?

FFS , it’s not aimed at you , it’s aimed at everyone

, you may be the safest driver alive , never any accidents , the speed limits still apply to you

Get it

Only one question - why?

They’d be more likely to get infected and do more infecting.

I would imagine this is why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Get a grip! No one is going to spread the virus or catch it, going for a drive. Put your reusable shopping bags in the car and take the long route to the shops.

What are you talking about? Government has said stay in. So guess what. Stay in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

We're going to win some amount of Olympic medals in cycling and running next year. #teamireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

If you touch your car and the car touches the road and then other people come along that road.

It's passed via surfaces. How long it lives on them is not fully known yet

Licking your tyres yeh?

What nonsense.

growleaves wrote: »
    But the same weirdo could break into your house and cough on you so maybe its best not to be at home.

THats not part of the challenge yet

So until then STAY AT HOME

• Advertisement

growleaves wrote: »

Probable why breaking into houses is a crime then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement