Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishlad123456

So online retailers will have to close ?

?

Pretzill wrote: »
    What is wrong with certain people here? It's not rocket science just Stay Home - why the sudden need to F*uckin marathon run across the neighbourhood and far beyond...just stay indoors - keep yourself coronavirus free - nobody wants this, it could kill you, your friends, loved ones etc - the authorities are asking for two weeks you abide by a set of (let's face it, not difficult) requirements so that those of you on the front-line can get on with their vital work. (Without said marathon runner suffering a hamstring injury and further blocking the HSE)

Stay safe all

It's all about putting two fingers up to the government and public at large by declaring "not on my turf". Ignorance on another level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Can all the joggers not just run up and down the road?
    Why the need to head off on bigger distances?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

If they have it, they are contaminating surfaces

What surfaces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,726 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just listening to Trump - he really is a buffoon - the whole briefing he says some absolutely stupid crap "building a lot of things in New York right now that nobody thought would be builded"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Can you explain how I'll spread the Covid-19 by going for a drive?

When you breath it goes into the air vents and out the air intake, despite the flow of air in the opposite direction. Then it gets into other people's cars.

All the while we are allowed to enter supermarkets and paw the same items as hundreds of people before us. But fook being in the wide open miles from anyone.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Licking your tyres yeh?

What nonsense.

Walking, it's now in the shoe, they remove the shoe, it's now on their hands, touchibg their front door, it's now in the door, wife and kids touch the door, now the family all have it.

Yeah, my examples a little stretched but it seems you don't really understand who this thing works so I thought this would be best way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

fritzelly wrote: »
    Just listening to Trump - he really is a buffoon - the whole briefing he says some absolutely stupid crap "building a lot of things in New York right now that nobody thought would be builded"

Didnt he also say "people are dying who have never died before" or something..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Only one question - why?
    Because we don't a proper right wing party in this country to put tax payers first.

That Sindy Joyce is an absolute muppet. I always see her on Twitter demanding better facilities for Travellers. Get a job, pay taxes and live in houses like normal people if they want better facilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

paul71 wrote: »
    FFS.

2km on the radius then 12.56km on the circumference of the circle.
    2km on radius back.
    Thats 14.56km.
    You can run all you like within 2km of your home.

Over 1800 posts on and people are still cackling on about their poxy run and whether it exceeds 2km or not or that they will be rebellious and keep on doing their 8km or whatever. Seriously........1800 f**king posts. Knock yourselves out.

• Advertisement

Did he say “builded”?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Licking your tyres yeh?

What nonsense.

You should try it. Preferably while the car is moving.

paul71 wrote: »
    I suspect living conditions and average family sizes make them a higher risk group. I don't really have an issue with it.

Sorry but lots of people should be priority and still waiting for testing
    Should be no racial profiling for who gets a test or not.

What surfaces?

Any they touch or come into contact with

Why is this so hard for people to fathom?

Antares35 wrote: »

Well it is true...

:p

?

Are you providing an essential service? If not then you close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Polar101

Have to say these new restrictions won't really change anything for me - been working from home since they closed the office down, and I've only gone out for a walk (early morning when there's few people around), groceries or the pharmacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭paul71

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Many of them would support Leo putting people in the gas chamber to prevent them from spreading COVID-19.

You still have not answered the question you were asked about the last lie you told. What part of the constitution means the current Government is unlawful?

Better close the supermarkets in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Because they need a way to circumvent the rules so maybe floating is an option.

Ummm No damn you gravity!!!

• Advertisement

Go back and actually read some of the posts in that conversation rather than just one of them.

Why is that so hard for you to fathom?

Did he say “builded”?

He did

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

doylefe wrote: »

Hence gloves and disinfectant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Walking, it's now in the shoe, they remove the shoe, it's now on their hands, touchibg their front door, it's now in the door, wife and kids touch the door, now the family all have it.

Yeah, my examples a little stretched but it seems you don't really understand who this thing works so I thought this would be best way

There is absolutely zero point engaging in the whataboutery of some people. The pedantry and mental gymnastics they engage in simply to avoid staying the f*ck at home is baffling. We can only hope they will be stopped and questioned. See how well their little dreamed up exceptions they have made for themselves go down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭CaoinDory

cnocbui wrote: »
    Get a grip! No one is going to spread the virus or catch it, going for a drive. Put your reusable shopping bags in the car and take the long route to the shops.

Correct me if I'm wrong but then youd be going SHOPPING. Which is still considered ESSENTIAL. I'm not talking about that, genius.

I'm talking about the aholes who will most likely drive up and down this country over the next 2 wks for no other reason than they want to. Cop yourselves on and please for once do as you are flipping told!

Sorry but lots of people should be priority and still waiting for testing
    Should be no racial profiling for who gets a test or not.

Any type of valid profiling to identify groups that may have higher than average numbers of carriers is fine by me. Doing that protects us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Polar101 wrote: »
    Have to say these new restrictions won't really change anything for me - been working from home since they closed the office down, and I've only gone out for a walk (early morning when there's few people around), groceries or the pharmacy.

Good. Keep this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Jaysus they had to hire two sign language people for the two speeches!!

Wasted funds. Typical FG

Signing someone speaking at a press conference is mentally and physically very tiring. The recommendation is that signers are changed every 10-15 minutes.
    If not, they will effectively start to stumble and stutter meaning deaf people watching will miss part of the information and feel more isolated. It is a key role and I am glad to see it being done as per standard practice.

He did

Brilliant.

I think that lad is great.

• Advertisement

Yeah,where are you going to get your food from then?
    Stop with the bollox.

Signing someone speaking at a press conference is mentally and physically very tiring. The recommendation is that signers are changed every 10-15 minutes.
    If not, they will effectively start to stumble and stutter meaning deaf people watching will miss part of the information and feel more isolated. It is a key role and I am glad to see it being done as per standard practice.

Also I doubt it cost much.

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Yeah,where are you going to get your food from then?
    Stop with the bollox.

If we all starve to death we can't spread the virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Antares35 wrote: »

I'm no Trump fan, but I believe that was either misquoted or.... Fake news

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

OK my husband is an essentials services worker, for the last week he has come home, eaten his dinner and gone out to his shed, gone to bed, avoided being in our space (our two children and myself), I would love to have a movie night all of us sitting haphazardly on couches with our dogs eating popcorn - not going to happen. Anyone who is working right now, is working until they get sick, their worst fear is that a member of their family will end up getting sicker than them.

You have a chance to make happy memories AT HOME, USE IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭CaoinDory

OK my husband is an essentials services worker, for the last week he has come home, eaten his dinner and gone out to his shed, gone to bed, avoided being in our space (our two children and myself), I would love to have a movie night all of us sitting haphazardly on couches with our dogs eating popcorn - not going to happen. Anyone who is working right now, is working until they get sick, their worst fear is that a member of their family will end up getting sicker than them.

You have a chance to make happy memories AT HOME, USE IT.

Fantastic post. I applaud your husband and your family. Yous are keeping this country going!!!

• Advertisement

If we all starve to death we can spread the virus.

Youre drunk,go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Yes, yes they can. That's the whole ****ing pint of people being time to stay inside

You know what a hedge is, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Wolf359f wrote: »
    I'm no Trump fan, but I believe that was either misquoted or.... Fake news

Yes that’s fake , trump has genuinely said much crazier things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

dodzy wrote: »
    Over 1800 posts on and people are still cackling on about their poxy run and whether it exceeds 2km or not or that they will be rebellious and keep on doing their 8km or whatever. Seriously........1800 f**king posts. Knock yourselves out.

A lot of them probably never ran 2 km in their lives so should have much to worry about. I like an auld cycle every so often, if I have to give that up for a few weeks it is hardly a disaster.

I am sure he does, it is surface upon which a virus can sit waiting for someone else to pass, but do you know what the circumference of a circle is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not a single plane over SPain or Italy, and then you look at USA and see 1000's upon 1000's
    They're so screwed https://www.flightradar24.com/36.3,-95.95/5#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

They should have stopped global travel in January...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Because we don't a proper right wing party in this country to put tax payers first.

That Sindy Joyce is an absolute muppet. I always see her on Twitter demanding better facilities for Travellers. Get a job, pay taxes and live in houses like normal people if they want better facilities.

I looked down through her Twitter never one mention of her calling out Traveller crime or issues like incest child abuse etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Just saw a woman from NJ on CNN who has Covid-19. Her daughter has it too and in the last week her mother, 2 sisters and a brother have died from it. It's sad to see how bad it is in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭pgj2015

why are people finding these new rules hard to take?

Because we are used to living in a country where we are free to live our lives as we please, its like suddenly waking up and realizing you are now living in something more similar to north korea. also no one with half a brain believes this is going to last for 2 weeks. some of us are free spirits as well not like some people who need to be told what to do, i am self employed and havent had anyone tell me what to do in years.

If food wasn't a requirement to live, they would but as more people would die from lack of food that would be counter productive.

You can't be the much of a moron surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

pgj2015 wrote: »

Because we are used to living in a country where we are free to live our lives as we please, its like suddenly waking up and realizing you are now living in something more similar to north korea. also no one with half a brain believes this is going to last for 2 weeks. some of us are free spirits as well not like some people who need to be told what to do, i am self employed and havent had anyone tell me what to do in years.

Tough titty lone ranger, stay in your house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

pgj2015 wrote: »

Great , well “ free spirt “ you are being asked to stay the f&ck at home for the next two weeks , get it, you don’t like that , great we hear you , but the speed limits still apply to you anyway.

My 89 year old mother sends her thanks

Yep, it's a solid object that touching leaves a trace on. If someone else touches it after you, they can be infected from what you left behind.

I never said they could get sick from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Witcher wrote: »
    Tough titty lone ranger, stay in your house.

no i wont. my job is seen as a necessary service ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement