Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Allinall wrote: »
    Out walking the dog this morning.

In the space of 45 minutes about 12- 15 joggers passed me.
    Not one of them were coughing or spluttering.

Do you think they are ok?

Should I be worried?

For most of them it is probably the first time to go running in years.

I definitely see more than usual outside my place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

dodzy wrote: »
    The list (non retail)has not been published yet. As soon as it has, it will be here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Jayzee. wrote: »
    Are factories closed, they make windows.?

My son is asking thanks

Surely he can ring his boss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

shocksy wrote: »
    What's so difficult to understand?

You can't have a family walk.

Don't be making up ****e. It was explicitly stated at the press conference you can go for a walk with your children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

osarusan wrote: »
    As I posted on this thread last night, until yesterday I was getting in the car with my kids and driving out to deserted woodlands to walk in. We were in some woodland in east Clare yesterday and spent a couple of hours walking around and didn't see a single soul the whole time, apart from asmall water lizard and some frogspawn, who may indeed have souls, who knows.

Under the new regulations, we'll be restricted to the same pavements as a whole load of other urban dwellers asl well, and encounter far far more people with much less space to avoid them.

I get the idea of the 2km restriction, it's needed to stop people just going wherever they want, but it's a pain in that arse for us.

Do you have a garden. Some folks don't have that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Still not 100% on the construction sites. Are they staying open? Or are they going to bring forward or extend the builders holidays?

If their not walk away from them flithy rotten places where it is near impossible to adhere to social distancing.

I shut up shop on friday the 13th no point in taking unwanted chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Jayzee.

Surely he can ring his boss

Ya they're closed

Allinall wrote: »
    Out walking the dog this morning.

In the space of 45 minutes about 12- 15 joggers passed me.
    Not one of them were coughing or spluttering.

Do you think they are ok?

Should I be worried?

No you are all automatically infected now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

shocksy wrote: »
    What's so difficult to understand?

You can't have a family walk.
    Yes you can ...

Screenshot-20200328-083624.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Jayzee. wrote: »
    Are factories closed, they make windows.?

My son is asking thanks

I'll look into it for you,but it may not be an open and shut answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Just for a bit of perspective here: Let's say the average persons lives to be 80 years old them asking us to stay in our homes and restrict our movements for 2 weeks equates to 0.00048% of our lives so it's not a big ask in the grand scheme of things.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Alun wrote: »
    You're allowed out with other members of your family group.

Tried to google that....have you link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Restriction rule; You need something from your office to work on Monday and for the forseeable. With Leo's restrictions, would you go to the office right now to get it?

Is it essential to your health and wellbeing.

If yes, yes.

If no, no.

If this thread is in any way representative of the Irish attitude to this, I'm glad I'm not sitting this out there.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Nermal

Just for a bit of perspective here: Let's say the average persons lives to be 80 years old them asking us to stay in our homes and restrict our movements for 2 weeks equates to 0.00048% of our lives so it's not a big ask in the grand scheme of things.

Swing and a miss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1243636243159752705

Could you imagine Bill Clinton, Obama or even Bush jr. being this thick?

Trump supporters, come on you know he's a dumb ass, you know it.

It's incredibly frightening the loyal following he has judging by the tweets below that post.

Very cult like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Just for a bit of perspective here: Let's say the average persons lives to be 80 years old then asking us to stay in our homes and restrict our movements for 2 weeks equates to 0.00048% of our lives so it's not a big ask in the grand scheme of things.

User name checks out, seriously though if it's actually 2 weeks then fine, if it's 3-4 weeks that wouldn't be too bad either. If it goes on beyond April then people are going to become extremely agitated.

Bear in mind a lot of people myself included have been adhering to the new measures already for more than two weeks.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Tried to google that....have you link?
    Somebody posted it over in the "Restriction questions" thread. Appeared in the Irish Times apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

You're allowed out with other members of your family group.

When was that information published and does it take into account the stricter measures announced last night?

Are you referencing old advice to suit your current situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Lads the sooner we use a bit of common sense and stop looking for clauses to get out of the 2km radius for a run or whatever the better.

We're all in this together and we need a country wide effort as **** has well and truly hit the fan.

Sooner we get our **** together, the sooner we get back to normal!

I'd be very much be in the 'cant stand the sight or sound of McGregor' brigade but he's doing his bit and he has given a million quid to help the effort.

Fairplay to him, when this is all over- I will definitely remember the people & businesses that helped and he very much falls into that category.

We have a country of a shedload of millionaires and some billionaires - these people need to put their money where their mouth is, like McGregor

I’m sure a lot of them have without going online to blow their own trumpets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Please dial down the name calling, everyone is on edge, but there are better ways to get your point across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Jin luk wrote: »
    If their not walk away from them flithy rotten places where it is near impossible to adhere to social distancing.

I shut up shop on friday the 13th no point in taking unwanted chances

And the social distancing of 2 metres is really just a sop to enable continued construction. It is not the true scientific distance that prevents infection from aerosol particles. It has been repeated ad nauseum to keep sites open, keep money flowing for the fat cats who can draw up the plans and repprts at home, and if I see another effing PSCS poster that witters on about how this site practices social distancing I will be driven to dark deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

https://www.ft.com/content/5ff6469a-6dd8-11ea-89df-41bea055720b Coronavirus may have infected half of UK population

It would be good to get this antigen test out.

It sounds like my housemates have had it already, I left before they got ill but have not developed symptoms I'm glad to say.

It's going to be two months, like it is for me now sitting at home out of work because of it.

The people screaming Stay at Home and saying you can't go for a walk with the people you live with will be doing all of this stuff anyways in six weeks time when the novelty wears off.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Nibs05

walshb wrote: »
    The airport issue seems to be confusing people..

I take it we are not flying in and out people for normal every day travel?

It’s to get our people home, or for supplies of materials in and out?

Correct, they are basically empty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Wibbs wrote: »
    Shit T, when they were living with me I was tempted by dark thoughts when the gyms were open. I'd be going full Hannibal Lecter now. :D

Just lazy slobs for you in future so.

Gotta keep those Hannibal Lecter thoughts to a minimum.

cL0h wrote: »
    I know what the published rules are. I don't like making a personal statement but you clearly don't have kids. This needs clarification by an official source.

You REALLY need clarification on what individual means??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

pgj2015 wrote: »
    no they dont, why should they? they pay tax like everyone else, way more than most people, it is up to our government to get us through this not millionaires.

I don’t think millionaires became millionaires by paying tax, they spend a lot of money to financial experts to find ways around the tax system. Most of them pay little or no tax. This is despite the fact that their children get to use our children’s hospitals, and they get to use the services of ambulances, police, fire brigade, schools, libraries and many other things that taxpayers fund for all citizens, including them. And not a shred of conscience from most of them about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 toneygecko

On the plus side there's some dryin out there today

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It's incredibly frightening the loyal following he has judging by the tweets below that post.

Very cult like.

Including the people who claim not to like him but defend him on every occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Yup. (Though I haven't checked your sums!) :) Fcuk it if you were at home for a year it would be less than 1.5% of the average life.

By the way, an idea for children ..and adults..order online a cheap graphics pad, download Krita, it is free, and have about a billion hours of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Downlinz

E36Ross wrote: »
    Lads the sooner we use a bit of common sense and stop looking for clauses to get out of the 2km radius for a run or whatever the better.

I think the way so many have looked for workarounds or excuses for why the guidelines don't apply to them at every measure introduced during the pandemic has been the most disappointing part.

I thought Irish people were better than that. :(

When was that information published and does it take into account the stricter measures announced last night?

Good grief. Look at the date, top left, and the reference to the 2km rule.

It was published in the Irish Times apparently, do you think i photoshopped it myself or something??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

You REALLY need clarification on what individual means??

The latest info from gov.ie:

to take brief individual physical exercise within your locality, which may include children from your household within 2 kilometres of your home and adhering to strict 2 metre social distancing measures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

Get off your high horse ffs.

If this thread is in any way representative of the Irish attitude to this, I'm glad I'm not sitting this out there.

Madness.

Full of selfish asshats looking to be cute hoors.

Highly contagious virus > Limited Healthcare capacity > Deaths to rise > shut down of non essential services > restrictions on social movement in efforts to save lives.

*Insert the Paddy factor*

Nah, im going to do my own thing, fck everyone else, not going to heed the advice, Im just going to risk contracting the virus or spread it on if I have it, putting more pressure on the system, maybe even contribute to a death or 2...

...got to go out for no reason.

toneygecko wrote: »
    On the plus side there's some dryin out there today

According to some people you're not allowed to walk to your clothes line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Madness.
    It isn't. But the empty vessels always make the most noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Very cult like.

I read read too many of them but from what I did see, they were calling him out on being all grouped together. Alot of sarcasm. No one supporting his actions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭kg703

I think the exercise bit is a little confusing to be fair... It says you can have brief individual exercise and also says you can be with members of your household....

It's just me the husband and the dog....

Do we have to go separately or can we walk the dog together?

Both of us were arguing this last night, we each took it up differently, it wasn't 100% clear. I get someone can bring their kids but two adults same household?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think the percentage you stated there is about 3 hours of their lifes not 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Downlinz

kg703 wrote: »
    I think the exercise bit is a little confusing to be fair... It says you can have brief individual exercise and also says you can be with members of your household....

Both of us were arguing this last night, we each took it up differently, it wasn't 100% clear. I get someone can bring their kids but two adults same household?

The message last need was that it had to be individual unless with kids, the message from the HSE today appears to indicate it's ok if within the same household.
    Both insist on 2m distancing though so regardless you're not going to be allowed walk side by side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

doylefe wrote: »
    According to some people you're not allowed to walk to your clothes line.

Very helpful :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I took it that family unit together but they want social distancing but the dog would love separate walks lol

I know it only applies to a lucky few, but the National Lottery are still insisting that prizes of over €15,000 can only be collected at their HQ in Dublin. Government should be leaning on them to change these rules. No point getting a nice windfall and then come down sick because you had to leave your house to come and get it thereby exposing yourself to risk.

Good grief. Look at the date, top left, and the reference to the 2km rule.

It was published in the Irish Times apparently, do you think i photoshopped it myself or something??

Didnt see the date, hence the question about it being new or old info.

Would have helped if you said it was from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

frillyleaf wrote: »
    I also think it’s because of the resources it’s taking to manage and police the amount of proof that were going to these places at peak times. There’s simply too many people with the same idea to go to typical places. Up until yesterday it was ok to do so but the volumes of people that can’t go work has massively increased now, there would have been even larger numbers gathering at these places. This also give gaurds powers to break up groups of teenagers. It’s not the teenagers fault they are out. At least this way it can be managed easier. It will be interesting to see what fines will be. The message is very clear now - it’s simply stay at home unless absolutely necessary - food, medicine, essential worker or caring for elderly or children.

Are fines the penalty for not adhering to the measures here in Ireland?

Surely not? However, please correct me if I'm wrong as I posted earlier about enforcement in other countries.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

There is confusion on this!

The CMO (Chief Medical Officer) states you would have to be separate, whereas the HSE guidance published this morning, assuming you are a 'household;, says it's fine!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement