Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Italy withholding the delivery of 1,000 oxygen hoods meant for Ireland citing the importance of domestic need over exports.

For this and other similar critical medical products (e.g. ventilator valves) local manufacturers with the capability need to be enabled to manufacture similar units by enacting national or european laws to suspend royalties, copyright and patent rights where current supply cannot meet demand due to export restrictions, existing manufacturer capacity or other reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭blackcard

Palmach wrote: »
    Maybe their approach is the right one and we are overreacting.

Their death rate is 5 times higher than ours per head of population

• Registered Users Posts: 18 toneygecko

doylefe wrote: »
    According to some people you're not allowed to walk to your clothes line.

Dopes, there's cars zipping up and down the road in front of my house , must be people doing some panic buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

kg703 wrote: »
    I think the exercise bit is a little confusing to be fair... It says you can have brief individual exercise and also says you can be with members of your household....

It's just me the husband and the dog....

Do we have to go separately or can we walk the dog together?

Both of us were arguing this last night, we each took it up differently, it wasn't 100% clear. I get someone can bring their kids but two adults same household?

It is individually for adults. An adult can bring their own kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

toneygecko wrote: »
    Dopes, there's cars zipping up and down the road in front of my house , must be people doing some panic buying.

Or just going shopping to get food for their family :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

DOCARCH wrote: »
    There is confusion on this!

The CMO (Chief Medical Officer) states you would have to be separate, whereas the HSE guidance published this morning, assuming you are a 'household;, says it's fine!
    He's been saying household all along anyway but that the households should keep separate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,605 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I think the exercise bit is a little confusing to be fair... It says you can have brief individual exercise and also says you can be with members of your household....

Both of us were arguing this last night, we each took it up differently, it wasn't 100% clear. I get someone can bring their kids but two adults same household?

You can walk together but you need to observe the social distancing rules with any other families you may encounter on your walk

If you have kids uou can hold their hand but its your responsible to make sure they give other people the right amount of space as youre passing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

For your own peace of mind (and not for fear of transmission between you and your husband but more so fear of someone from this site seeing you) run/walk at a 2m distance from your partner.

You'll know yourself you're adhering to social distancing, you won't be making other people out getting their individual exercise anxious because you're not in a group, and you'll still be able doing your mental wellness a favour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

9 nursing homes are clusters. News chap said it's a ticking time bomb. In Spain workers walked out and the army went into different ones and found dead bodies in beds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Just went up to get stove coal and wood....no queue.....drove passed aldi and Tesco on way back ( Oranmore, galway) and very long queues....what's annoying is that their are loads of couples queueing ....why?....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

joe40 wrote: »
    It is individually for adults. An adult can bring their own kids.

That's basically what the CMO was saying and what they were saying in last night press conference.

However, HSE guidance this morning seems to say everybody, within a 'household', can go together?

Or just going shopping to get food for their family :rolleyes:
    Exactly. Two people I know have been out. Queues are not mental but distancing does make them long enough. I've also noticed some "evil" runners out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Tandey wrote: »
    Get off your high horse ffs.

I dont have a horse Tandey and if I did, I wouldnt be on it 3km from the house.

In the current climate its prudent to question the source of info. No point acting on old advice, if new advice comes out.

2 weeks ago the advice was that it takes 15 minutes with an infected person to contract the virus....things change and we need to adapt to the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

toneygecko wrote: »
    On the plus side there's some dryin out there today

What? Are people who don't have to go out actually changing their clothes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭davepatr07

Gynoid wrote: »

By the way, an idea for children ..and adults..order online a cheap graphics pad, download Krita, it is free, and have about a billion hours of fun.

Can you make any suggestions for cheap graphics pad? Have you recommended tutorials for Krita? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Downlinz wrote: »
    The message last need was that it had to be individual unless with kids, the message from the HSE today appears to indicate it's ok if within the same household.
    Both insist on 2m distancing though so regardless you're not going to be allowed walk side by side.

It’s 2 metres distance from other people. It wouldn’t make sense to apply it to people from the same household outside when it is not applied inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So many self righteous narky responses to people asking genuine questions. This is new ground. There is nothing wrong with asking things and seeking clarification, that does not mean you intend to break the rules ffs. The reason people are asking is to ensure you don’t break them. This was announced late on a Friday evening and some people want clarification on a few things. So what! The whole “lads just stay inside” ****e is annoying as fcuk and not helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

I don’t think millionaires became millionaires by paying tax, they spend a lot of money to financial experts to find ways around the tax system. Most of them pay little or no tax. This is despite the fact that their children get to use our children’s hospitals, and they get to use the services of ambulances, police, fire brigade, schools, libraries and many other things that taxpayers fund for all citizens, including them. And not a shred of conscience from most of them about that.

Agreed.

The NeoLiberal agenda of tax cuts, privatization and small government has led to a gutting of our public health services. We are beginning to pay for that now in lives lost.

It has also led to the ridiculous and totally immoral situation where the "World’s Top Ten Billionaires Worth More Than Poorest 85 Countries Combined". The billionaires did not get there by paying their fair share of tax.

Welcome to the brave new world of NeoFeudalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mick987

pgj2015 wrote: »
    come on, mcgreor doesnt care about Irish people, all he cares about is money, you would be an idiot to think otherwise. that speech was so cringy.

He can right a fair bit of it off against tax anyway

is_that_so wrote: »
    He's been saying household all along anyway but that the households should keep separate.

Leo did say only individual adults (with children) so maybe go with that until further clarification.

Common sense will need to be employed., a family of 3 maybe ok but a family of 6 out would make social distancing with anyone they met on a path very difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Thabk God its not raining as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

All the newspapers calling it a Total Lockdown.

The media is pretty woeful sometimes.

Plenty of people out and about this morning.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Our Tesco also has long queues but it's only because of limiting people into the store and then social distancing in the queue - actually moves somewhat fast. A round trip to Tesco that used to take 30m's now takes 2 hours :D

For couples - if they are in the same household, surely it makes no difference if they queue together?

But why?..... you double your chance of getting infected?

Sarn wrote: »
    It’s 2 metres distance from other people. It wouldn’t make sense to apply it to people from the same household outside when it is not applied inside.
    Yeah, the idea is to get it out of the community and bring infections down to the household level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

So, in theory, you shouldn't see a kid in a car for the next two weeks, unless they are on the way to medical attention?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Downlinz wrote: »
    The message last need was that it had to be individual unless with kids, the message from the HSE today appears to indicate it's ok if within the same household.
    Both insist on 2m distancing though so regardless you're not going to be allowed walk side by side.

ABSURD! You can sleep with your wife in same bed, but cant go for a walk together!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

I don't understand how outlets that sell DIY goods and motor factors, tyre fitters are closed. Surely a car issue or burst pipe at home needs fixing straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Full of selfish asshats looking to be cute hoors.

Highly contagious virus > Limited Healthcare capacity > Deaths to rise > shut down of non essential services > restrictions on social movement in efforts to save lives.

*Insert the Paddy factor*

Nah, im going to do my own thing, fck everyone else, not going to heed the advice, Im just going to risk contracting the virus or spread it on if I have it, putting more pressure on the system, maybe even contribute to a death or 2...

...got to go out for no reason.

It’s not an Irish thing, people all over the world have been breaking their lockdowns.

More than 40,000 in Italy have been charged with violating lockdown there.

There’s plenty here obeying it but there’s always going to be a minority just like in every other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Blueshoe wrote: »
    9 nursing homes are clusters. News chap said it's a ticking time bomb. In Spain workers walked out and the army went into different ones and found dead bodies in beds

If the workers did that here their would be public outrage and i think we know how it would end for them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

All the condescending gob****es ranting and raving at people for asking questions, come out with answers like "you can go for a walk with your partner but only if you keep two meters from each other"

How nonsensical is that seeing as you've come out of the same house and mostly likely the same bed.

Get a grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ABSURD! You can sleep with your wife in same bed, but cant go for a walk together!!!
    And cook and feed your kids but stay away from them outside. LMFAO.

jam83 wrote: »
    I don't understand how outlets that sell DIY goods and motor factors, tyre fitters are closed. Surely a car issue or burst pipe at home needs fixing straight away.

They are available in an emergency

They can only deliver apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

All the condescending gob****es ranting and raving at people for asking questions, come out with answers like "you can go for a walk with your partner but only if you keep two meters from each other"

How nonsensical is that seeing as you've come out of the same house and mostly likely the same bed.

Get a grip.

Youre actually sleeping in the same bed as youre other half?!?

So many self righteous narky responses to people asking genuine questions. This is new ground. There is nothing wrong with asking things and seeking clarification, that does not mean you intend to break the rules ffs. The reason people are asking is to ensure you don’t break them. This was announced late on a Friday evening and some people want clarification on a few things. So what! The whole “lads just stay inside” ****e is annoying as fcuk and not helpful

If people read the thread most of the questions have been answered multiple times and people are not reading the details of the restrictions properly and jumping to conclusions.

Leads to people getting annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Most are open, call first/collect or delivery. Check with the store first. Some might be fully closed.

For example Goodwins are closed both online and stores

Down in munster Co op superstores are doing call and collect/deliveries of essential items farm/pet/household

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

I'd be very much be in the 'cant stand the sight or sound of McGregor' brigade but he's doing his bit and he has given a million quid to help the effort.

Fairplay to him, when this is all over- I will definitely remember the people & businesses that helped and he very much falls into that category.

We have a country of a shedload of millionaires and some billionaires - these people need to put their money where their mouth is, like McGregor

I'd be the same, could never stand him. But credit where credit is due. He looks like a hero compared to Horse Racing Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

was wondering that, what if a doctor or nurse gets a burst tyre etc. Surely tyre fitters are essentisl for folk tht need to drive to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Get a grip.

I agree but the public walking too may not know you are a couple or living in same house

• Advertisement

Leo did say only individual adults (with children) so maybe go with that until further clarification.

Common sense will need to be employed., a family of 3 maybe ok but a family of 6 out would make social distancing with anyone they met on a path very difficult.
    Yeah I agree. TBF and I do think he's doing a good job, that stuff is really the remit of the CMO, NPHET and the HSE. Common sense is trying to use the private spaces you have rather than venturing out in public areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

You people have way too much time on your hands

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ABSURD! You can sleep with your wife in same bed....

:eek: You obviously did not read the guidance properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

eagle eye wrote: »

It's about reducing the possibility of infecting others, not your own family.

With many people from one house(possibly Infected) out walking at the same time the risk to others is increased.

Jin luk wrote: »
    Youre actually sleeping in the same bed as youre other half?!?

No I'm single as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

davepatr07 wrote: »
    Can you make any suggestions for cheap graphics pad? Have you recommended tutorials for Krita? Cheers

I got mine in Lidl yonks ago, so it aint fancy but it does the job! So no recommendations although if someone really loves me they can get me a Wacom bamboo one, thanks :) A fun introduction that covers all the essentials, eg layers, brush heads, etc is a Learn Krita with Bob Ross set of fun tutorials by Age of Asparagus youtube channel. After that kids especially will work out all the other features because they have no fear!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Has anyone in the media asked Dr. Tony Holohan why so many health care professionals are getting infected ?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mick987

Sarn wrote: »

People have no common sense or just thick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I think and I could be wrong but go with me on this, but I think that maybe the government thought, and I know its a stretch that we could use common sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Was watching sky news there. Good few heads out wandering aimlessly around Dublin. One lad went out of his way to walk directly into the path of three different people. Zigzagging his way up and down henry st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

eagle eye wrote: »

Tuck you in at night and give you a hug, but dont for a walk together for God sake. COVID!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement