Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

doylefe wrote: »
    Just went out to the shed to put the washing in the dryer. Don't worry lads I wore a full biohazard suit and disinfected it after coming back inside.

Remember to strip naked at door, hang bio suit outside and shower and wash behind yours ears and bellybutton:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

https://twitter.com/JamieRo15001383/status/1243877203021942786

No need for such queues. Enough for everyone.
    Queues are like that as only a few people being allowed into the store at the same time to facilitate social distancing inside the store. So people need to wait their turn to get into store. The people keep their distance in the queue.

I had the same in my Dunne's yesterday, in a queue for almost 1 hour before I got inside the store. Inside the shopping center there is yellow/black tape on the floor every 2m to show spacing. Outside people just used common sense and most were more than 2m apart tbf.

Shop was not crowded at all and was reasonably well stocked with the normally carried brands, no real shortages of anything that I seen. Only in the frozen veg section did I notice most of the products were Dunne's own brand rather than green isle, Birds eye etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Such an agreement would be reciprocal, not one way.

We are already creating more ICU beds and I don't think we should be left on the hook of potentially having to import NHS patients.

It’s almost certain we will have to help NI our, they have a chronic lack of ventilators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Risteard81 wrote: »
    I blame the education system for producing people who can't understand that a lockdown is pointless and futile. When it ends cases will surge. You can't continuously lock people down for a couple of years hoping to develop a vaccine. Suicides will rocket.

A 19 year old killed herself in England the other day because of the thought of indefinite lockdowns and restrictions. By supporting these actions you are promoting genocide.

Leo's totalitarian tendencies are dangerous and he is an enemy of the country.

Nurse! We need to up the meds again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭This is it

I blame the education system for producing people who can't understand that a lockdown is pointless and futile. When it ends cases will surge. You can't continuously lock people down for a couple of years hoping to develop a vaccine. Suicides will rocket.

A 19 year old killed herself in England the other day because of the thought of indefinite lockdowns and restrictions. By supporting these actions you are promoting genocide.

Jesus Christ, delusional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    One of the dumbest posts I’ve seen here, congrats.
    There's a few of them. Totally sneering at and undermining the seriousness of it. Truly nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

jams100 wrote: »
    How long do people think this is going to last?
    I can't see these restrictions being lifted after 2 weeks, my guess is 3-4 weeks.
    Also what happens in lets say a month where it's under control to an extent and then reoccurs when restrictions are lifted?
    Realistically how long can we go on like this?
    Please no smart answers such as, 'as long as it takes' :)

My guess is restrictions will be lifted around end of July start of August but a lot depends on the next 2 weeks. If we see massive amounts of people developing antibodies to the virus maybe the schools can start again in September. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

I was trying to get my head around the whole situation, and this video really helped me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0-2XxgHIXk

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dummy_crusher

Is there any site dedicated to Irelands curve chart? To show where we could have been without the implemented restrictions and where we are heading with current restrictions?

These are based on data from a few days ago. Check that reddit user, they have probably updated them since...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Is there any site dedicated to Irelands curve chart? To show where we could have been without the implemented restrictions and where we are heading with current restrictions?
    A user on here (coyote, I think) has been posting charts and graphs of something like that every day for the past few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There’s queues to go into online shops now aswell. Just tried to go on boots.ie said I was in a virtual queue and my wait time was more than an hour.

Over 12,000 ahead of u in queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

khalessi wrote: »
    The HSE are aware of the need for goggles or face shields sure they were even buying them in Woodies as there was a shortage

The point is there is a difference. Goggles offer far more protection from aerosols than face shield. That's good for cough sneeze if someone does it in close proximity.

https://twitter.com/MaterTrauma/status/1242793869726670849?s=20

That looks very different to china or Italy.

Here you can see the faceshields and 'eye protection glasses'. Literally no good if it is an airborne pathogen which it is at this stage. Would someone who wasn't given proper protection liable to sue for damages when this is all done and said. Horrible to think about at this time but worth thinking about if the right people get the right protection.

I'm thinking of the soldiers who weren't given ear protectors in the army and subsequently got compensation.

https://twitter.com/drfranok/status/1230428701675921409?s=20

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/two-metres-not-enough-when-social-distancing-39083182.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Risteard81 wrote:

You need to go back to school and learn something.

is_that_so wrote: »
    I think we need a thread on that! Corona house cleaning tips!

All those self-help/wellness gurus/chancers will make a fortune over the next few weeks. They're already on nearly every radio show.

And you'd swear half the parents in the country never spent a wet weekend with their own kids before. "How should we look after our kids during lockdown, Mary?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭greenpilot

As someone with first hand experience of a suicide, I know you haven't the first clue what the alleged victim of alleged suicide was thinking. When you get a little older, and your Mummy let's you out into the scary world, you'll come to realise two things:

1. The real world is very different when you start paying your own bills and, God forbid, start a family.

2. That post was the dummest post on Boards this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

BanditLuke wrote: »
    My guess is restrictions will be lifted around end of July start of August but a lot depends on the next 2 weeks. If we see massive amounts of people developing antibodies to the virus maybe the schools can start again in September. Here's hoping.

4 months? Ah stop will ya, not a hope it’s going to be that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Computing Forever and John Waters are having a field day with this lockdown stuff. They already had hours long videos over government control due to covid 19, I can only imagine how much they're creaming themselves today:

I'm hoping fervently that 81 isn't his year of birth.

Logan Roy wrote: »
    4 months? Ah stop will ya, not a hope it’s going to be that long.
    I hate the scaremongers but I think that's realistic unfortunately. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Where's Grace7 is she still posting?
    Self-isolating from social media, a wise call!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

The point is there is a difference. Goggles offer far more protection from aerosols than face shield. That's good for cough sneeze if someone does it in close proximity.

https://twitter.com/MaterTrauma/status/1242793869726670849?s=20

That looks very different to china or Italy.

Here you can see the faceshields and 'eye protection glasses'. Literally no good if it is an airborne pathogen which it is at this stage. Would someone who wasn't given proper protection liable to sue for damages when this is all done and said. Horrible to think about at this time but worth thinking about if the right people get the right protection.

I'm thinking of the soldiers who weren't given ear protectors in the army and subsequently got compensation.

https://twitter.com/drfranok/status/1230428701675921409?s=20

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/two-metres-not-enough-when-social-distancing-39083182.html

I realise they are different just that we are so short the consultant from Limerick hospital was on news saying they were buying them from Woodies and similar place to provide supplies until stock comes from China. I had said that in previous posts and i also pointed out part of the reason we have so many healthcre workers infected is that ppe in short supply. But thanks will help others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

greenpilot wrote: »
    As someone with first hand experience of a suicide, I know you haven't the first clue what the alleged victim of alleged suicide was thinking. When you get a little older, and your Mummy let's you out into the scary world, you'll come to realise two things:

1. The real world is very different when you start paying your own bills and, God forbid, start a family.

Ignoring what he said, there is a serious concern suicides will rocket as people worry how they are going feed their families. This cannot be ignored.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    One of the dumbest posts I’ve seen here, congrats.

not entirely to be fair. indoors a long time will drop your Vitamin D. this is linked to mood and has been used to help people with depression, as has special lighting.

So YES if someone was high risk and volatile, what's to say they wont do it. The word Vulnerable doesn't just mean older or underlying, a lot of people will struggle. It's foolish to dismiss everything people say just because it may not be articulated correctly, he has a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Wilford brimley looks the same now as then. Although I think he was born with a moustache. Maybe something in this cocooning........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Raconteuse wrote: »
    I hate the scaremongers but I think that's realistic unfortunately. :(

It’s completely unrealistic. China is already after reopening after 2 months and they had it a lot worse than we did. People need to get a grip, shutting down most of the economy for months on end isn’t feasible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

fin12 wrote: »
    There’s queues to go into online shops now aswell. Just tried to go on boots.ie said I was in a virtual queue and my wait time was more than an hour.

Over 12,000 ahead of u in queue.

Now saying 13 hours to queue. What’s the story with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

I've to go do a shop. Hopefully it won't be busy and I don't get stopped by the guards. I work as a delivery driver working nights and I've been flat out all week. Haven't had a chance to do any shopping until today unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Watched 20 seconds of that and observed people walking by each other literally touching shoulders.

Sigh.

looks like a garda check point on O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

greenpilot wrote: »

By god letting people like that into the world is what causes messes like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Anxiety levels have certainly crept up a notch today.

Feeling very claustrophobic around now.

I think we need to be very careful here not to go too far.

I hope no further measures are implemented

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭chooseusername

I'm hoping fervently that 81 isn't his year of birth.
    And, he spelled his name wrong!

Computing Forever and John Waters are having a field day with this lockdown stuff. They already had hours long videos over government control due to covid 19, I can only imagine how much they're creaming themselves today:

"We are living 1984" - one commenter. I doubt they've read it. The irony of people comparing these restrictions to fascism or communism... the only alternative (which they won't admit) would be letting folk get seriously ill/die in their droves. Like a mass cull. Hmmm.

It's a shame about Dave Cullen imo. Seems like a lovely guy, articulate, great communicating/delivery. Can't understand how he's gotten sucked into that world.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why don't you want to get stopped by the guards :confused:

The questions etc. I just want to go about my business and get home. Doubt anyone wants to get stopped..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,977 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Keep going with more of this please. It'll help you get banned from this thread, as you have been banned from others, all the sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Some stores offer click and collect and seem to have more availability.

Still need to book nearly a week in advance at my nearest Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭paul71

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Ah here, I can't bloody well stand Leo but he's doing what many other countries are doing and need to do. You're mad to think Leo as some sort of dictator.

That poster is clearly deranged, he is spouting this rubbish for days. His attitude reminds of the 2 filthy maggots spitting at Gardai on Monday.

Incidentally the same 2 filthy maggots who were denied Bail on Wednesday. Such is the fate of fools who think laws don't apply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    A relative of mine is nursing in london and they are taking ventilators off older people to give them to younger people so I'm sure they have no space to help us out regarding extra capacity when they havent enough for themselves.

Is this happening already? There’s nothing in the news about it, I didn’t think they’d reached capacity yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Heckler wrote: »
    Is Jim Coor the biggest troll I've ever seen or is he really that bat**** loony ?

I can confirm he's pretty dam loopy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Anxiety levels have certainly crept up a notch today.

Feeling very claustrophobic around now.

I think we need to be very careful here not to go too far.

I hope no further measures are implemented

Suck it up ffs. The measure are in place to save lives, if that means having a bit of anxiety due to being cooped up then so be it.

When did we turn into such a pack of pussies? Dozens of millions went out to die in wars not too long ago in emergencies and we're being asked to just stay at home for a few weeks. Put on your big boy/girl pants now and do your bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

It's a shame about Dave Cullen imo. Seems like a lovely guy, articulate, great communicating/delivery. Can't understand how he's gotten sucked into that world.

Money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

"We are living 1984" - one commenter. I doubt they've read it. The irony of people comparing these restrictions to fascism or communism... the only alternative (which they won't admit) would be letting folk get seriously ill/die in their droves. Like a mass cull. Hmmm.

Agreed, indeed I like and agree with several of Dave Cullen viewpoints and some of his videos very good. I don't know whether it's my catholic upbringing, but I even have a certain respect for John Waters :p and agree with him now and again. However on issues like this it's hard to not lose all respect for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

Are vape shops closed? I know it's trivial in the scheme of things but I switched from smoking to vaping a couple of days ago and didn't stock up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Bob24 wrote: »
    Now saying 13 hours to queue. What’s the story with this?

Told me "more than one hour" yesterday, ended up being close to 11 hours in the end. Didn't even end up buying anything after.

I honestly think people like him don't believe the crap they spout. They know they can make money off it, just like Alex Jones. And there's plenty of idiots who lap it up. Isn't Dave a born again Christian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I have seen once rational people I know sucked in to it too.

The whole world is a big conspiracy against them.

It sad to see. Seems to only take one conspiracy theory and a few youtube videos to have people go crazy.

Think about the effort and determination you have to have to put out videos like that week after week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mr.S wrote: »
    "i'm going to the shop"

They aren't arresting people for leaving the house like!
    Garda checkpoints, 2km exclusion zones and the like do give the impression we are even more restricted and it adds to people's anxieties.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

doylefe wrote: »
    Suppose I'll do the whole clean the house thing I always intend to do.

Me too. I wouldn't like a paramedic showing up unexpectedly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

paul71 wrote: »
    That poster is clearly deranged, he is spouting this rubbish for days. His attitude reminds of the 2 filthy maggots spitting at Gardai on Monday.

Incidentally the same 2 filthy maggots who were denied Bail on Wednesday. Such is the fate of fools who think laws don't apply to them.

Were they denied bail in the High Court? That's surprising, and good if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

magma69 wrote: »
    Suck it up ffs. The measure are in place to save lives, if that means having a bit of anxiety due to being cooped up then so be it.

When did we turn into such a pack of pussies? Dozens of millions went out to die in wars not too long ago in emergencies and we're being asked to just stay at home for a few weeks. Put on your big boy/pants now and do your bit.

I'm with you on this one, I've had people crying about anxiety, dying for a pint,not getting to hug nieces/nephews etc.
    And I'm thinking what kind of selfish bastards are you that you can't forget about yourself for a few weeks and just do what you can to take care of your countries people :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Yester wrote: »
    Are vape shops closed? I know it's trivial in the scheme of things but I switched from smoking to vaping a couple of days ago and didn't stock up.

Its amazing how seemless Nicorette is to get you over that hurdle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement