Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

If his updates are so good, how many people have been tested and results processed, how many tests are we now doing per day? This is a basic process that WHO says should be part of the reaction to the virus.

I think they are doing their genuine best. And I'm no FG voter. Resources can't be magiced up. I think they should be braver on leveraging private resources though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

If his updates are so good, how many people have been tested and results processed, how many tests are we now doing per day? This is a basic process that WHO says should be part of the reaction to the virus.

testing is a joke. Needs to be improved. He is dependent on info from HSE as we all are.

Question:
    "Can we do more testing?"

Answer:
    "We'll get a boat, convert stadiums etc..."

2 weeks later.

"we said we could do more tests you never asked about results"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'd love to see how good a job you'd be doing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

daheff wrote: »
    How many have recovered sufficiently to come out of ICU?....or are all 88 still in ICU?

Unfortunately a substantial percentage of them have died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

bekker wrote: »
    Very little to do with COVID-19, that type of scumbag does it to gardai and emergency worker all the time.

I've witness a number of public order arrests of the type over the years and they have increasingly involved the foulest curses, physical threats, attempted assault, and voluminous spitting.

Previously it just has never been prosecuted as is should have been, and tolerated behaviour becomes normalised over time.

As a state we have tolerated assaults on gardai and emergency services, never stamping down on the perpetrators.

Hopefully this will change in the future. Our Judiciary needs an overhaul.

Its great that they are taking this seriously now, but spitting at gardai should always have been taken seriously. Allowing it to continue without reprimand reduced the power of the State.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Stewball

Genuinely think Simon Harris is showing real leadership during this. His daily updates are great. Whatever about why we are in this situation and the blame game. We are in the sh!t. I've been very impressed by him.

I don't have much faith in him.

After hearing the news yesterday that the virus is rampant in nursing homes and only a couple weeks ago he was criticising some nursing homes for implementing visitor bans.

Imagine if they listened to him and lifted their bans....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

lawred2 wrote: »
    Ah yeah - 'new research'

Ah yeah random person on the internet saying "ah yeah" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

FVP3 wrote: »

Its great that they are taking this seriously now, but spitting at gardai should always have been taken seriously. Allowing it to continue without reprimand reduced the power of the State.

Reprimand? They should reprimand their nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why didn't the government use a cargo plane for the PPE cargo rather then a passenger plane?
    seems like cargo photo is wrong https://twitter.com/yvonnectobin/status/1244070580711817216 EURWXTaWkAA0Hfs?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

First one is due in dublin around 3pm.

2nd flight left dublin this morning and another one due out in the next hour.

Today's flights

EIN9018 EI-EIM due out 1020z to PEK.
    EIN9020 EI-FNG due out 1320z to PEK.

I have just watched on Flight Radar as EI9019 inbound and EI9018 outbound, crossed over each other over Denmark.

Great to see. Next up is EI9020 at 13:20hrs. Thunderbirds are GO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Other countries took it upon themselves to go through unofficial channels, so they reap what they sow.

The Spanish essentially ordered testing kits on Alibaba
    From the illustration in one of reports linked to previously so did the Dutch.

It was in a Dutch populist paper akin to Sun, Star and Mirror but the items illustrated looked crap, but hey came with 'certificates' which is a speciality of Alibaba and Banggood sellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'd love to see how good a job you'd be doing.

So you are happy that the HSE is testing on their last figure from 23 march an average of 700 per day since the start of the outbreak. i am not. The WHO says testing is one of the main pillars of the fight against this virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

why didn't the government use a cargo plane for the PPE cargo rather then a passenger plane? EURWXTaWkAA0Hfs?format=jpg&name=medium

They thought it was only fair that the Cargo was treated properly. Rare I agree with the gov but I do on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

why didn't the government use a cargo plane for the PPE cargo rather then a passenger plane?

You don't just find lots of cargo planes lying around....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Unfortunately a substantial percentage of them have died.

Wrong

The figure of 88 is the amount of people currently in ICU as of today.

This was confirmed by the HSE earlier today.

why didn't the government use a cargo plane for the PPE cargo rather then a passenger plane? EURWXTaWkAA0Hfs?format=jpg&name=medium

top photo is a german aircraft not EI.

Before the virus outbreak this was seen as antisocial scummy behaviour but not generally regarded as potentially life threatening. That has all drastically changed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ah yeah random person on the internet saying "ah yeah" :pac:

I think you understand my point well enough.

There's 'new research' advanced all the time saying anything people want it to say. Often wholly contradictory of previous 'new research'..

Is also very easy to say 'new research' to add credibility to what you're saying in many people's unquestioning eyes without even having to link to a source or synopsis.

I've 'new research' that shows the virus can get through walls... Be much safer if we were disinfecting all our walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Very little to do with COVID-19, that type of scumbag does it to gardai and emergency worker all the time.

I've witness a number of public order arrests of the type over the years and they have increasingly involved the foulest curses, physical threats, attempted assault, and voluminous spitting.

Previously it just has never been prosecuted as is should have been, and tolerated behaviour becomes normalised over time.

As a state we have tolerated assaults on gardai and emergency services, never stamping down on the perpetrators.

Her Facebook photo is captioned "be kind"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

voluntary wrote: »
    I would honestly feel much safer going shopping if everyone around wore masks. Sneeze <8 meters away can pass you the virus the new research shows. If everyone wore masks sneezing or coughing in public wouldn't be that scary. Even healthy people sneeze on occasion.

Yeh, well you can't because there's not enough masks yet.

Its always been the case that a sneeze can travel far, the speed is up to 100 miles and hour. A cough travels less and this virus doesnt seem to lend itself to seezing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Leo used a quote from Terminator 2 when addressing the nation during a national crisis.

Leo man bad?
    whats your obsession with defending that **** wit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-japan-disabled/japan-confirms-28-new-coronavirus-cases-at-disabled-center-nhk-idUSKBN21G0GM?il=0&utm_source=reddit.com
    Cluster of 86 test positive at a home for the disabled in Tokyo, 28 were patients,the rest staff and family members

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://nos.nl/artikel/2327537-corona-in-nederland-cijfers-van-28-maart.html
    Just 26 ICU beds left available in Netherlands now out of 925 in the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

everything the HSE do is telling us what will happen in the future nothing about what will happen now. We dont know how many have been tested or how many tests there are per day. They seem more at home with spin than with doing things.

When the plane lands with the gear at the airport it will be like the HSE have found a cure, their media spin will be off the charts.

You do realise no matter what they do it will not be enough. This thing is coming like a tsunami

top photo is a german aircraft not EI.
    HSE used both those photos this morning in their briefing EURz-k3XsAAAjB7?format=jpg&name=900x900
    seems like cargo photo is wrong https://twitter.com/yvonnectobin/status/1244070580711817216

sean29 wrote: »
    Just came back from Tallaght (Shamrock stadium) There were a few people there waiting to be tested but the place looked deserted. Rang HSE and was told that there will be no testing there today as they were out of testing kits. No text, no email, nothing! I was told to wait for another appointment

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058062806&page=61

That is from another thread. Its pretty obvious that the testing system is not fit for purpose but the government don't want to tell people. They need to be clear if things are not working out but the HSE have a history of cover ups.

Seriously where do you people come from? What's Putin got to do with the outbreak in China? And why shouldn't he be quiet? Whats he going to say about US and western incompetence?.

Its like trailer park America in here.

There's a clear link between the Trump supporters and the attacks on both China and Irish handling of this. The doom merchants for Ireland who think the government didn't act quickly are often cheer leaders for the orange buffoon.
    How does the attempted smear in your final sentence differ in nature from the political posturing and positioning of the likes of Trump and Daily Mail?

HSE used both those photos this morning in their briefing EURz-k3XsAAAjB7?format=jpg&name=900x900

If you go on Twitter there is a thread saying its a german aircraft. Maybe the HSE are just spinning things a bit. As I said this will be a huge media moment for them to cover up their testing debacle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

If they took the seats out they could have carried more. I'd imagine the hull is packed too so maybe they are at capacity. Still would have gotten more in without the seats although perhaps if they were to experience turbulence the packages needed to be anchored down.
    Yes good point. Arguing with myself now. Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,714 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Heartbreaking story page 18 the Indo today on the death and burial of the island’s first victim, Anne Best!

If you go on Twitter there is a thread saying its a german aircraft. Maybe the HSE are just spinning things a bit. As I said this will be a huge media moment for them to cover up their testing debacle.
    this is said to be for prague https://www.facebook.com/ModelAircraft2Share/posts/2781731938612098 https://twitter.com/SnoopDogMoll/status/1244208276880883715

heres a luftansa plane https://www.aircargonews.net/airlines/airlines-fill-passenger-seats-with-cargo-to-meet-demand/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Blueshoe wrote: »
    If they took the seats out they could have carried more. I'd imagine the hull is packed too so maybe they are at capacity. Still would have gotten more in without the seats although perhaps if they were to experience turbulence the packages needed to be anchored down.
    Yes good point. Arguing with myself now. Yes

I believe cargo aircraft are business as usual but the passenger Aircraft was volunteered by the airline.

You do realise no matter what they do it will not be enough. This thing is coming like a tsunami

Well then they need to be clear about what they are saying and give the population the correct information. Spin is what they are doing now.
    Why do they not release how many test have been done up to now or how many tests are being done per day. according to another poster they have run out of kits. I dont know if its true but they are not telling it as it is. 700 per day seems to be the number which is not acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Same at Croker, for the same reason.

• Advertisement

this is perhaps the correct photos with seats removed as was mentioned before https://twitter.com/SnoopDogMoll/status/1244208276880883715

could be, hope there are some testing kits on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well at least postive cases cant go up if you cant test anyone!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Anything positive to say about the HSE/Government/ Ireland/the Universe? Anything at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Putin has been very quiet
    he doesn't even have to say anything - people now can see incompetence of liberal elites without any help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Another scumbag spitting at cops

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2020/0329/1127093-cork-togher-arrest/

Baton to the jaw is the only answer to people like that. Once it goes out that the cops will literally break your jaw for such an act it won't be long stopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It was in a Dutch populist paper akin to Sun, Star and Mirror but the items illustrated looked crap, but hey came with 'certificates' which is a speciality of Alibaba and Banggood sellers.

Oh god, I took a look on aliexpress out of curiosity and you can supposedly buy an antibody test for under thirteen quid! I'm really glad it's unlikely that anyone ordering one would receive it in the near future because can you imagine how likely they are to be accurate?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Another 209 dead in the UK and another 2,433 cases.

How many specifically cargo aircraft do Aer Lingus actually have? Not many I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Well then they need to be clear about what they are saying and give the population the correct information. Spin is what they are doing now.
    Why do they not release how many test have been done up to now or how many tests are being done per day. according to another poster they have run out of kits. I dont know if its true but they are not telling it as it is. 700 per day seems to be the number which is not acceptable.

Last week they were testing 2k a day. This morning they announced they were testing 5k a day. I guess growth has gotten away from them a little.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Talking about masks earlier on and they're only useful if you're sick. How much masks would someone go through if they're sick?

I'm trying to make my own here but don't know how much to actually make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I pass on the word that you're not happy!

Anything positive to say about the HSE/Government/ Ireland/the Universe? Anything at all?

It's hard to say anything positive when they a have reacted too late to this outbreak and are not doing the basic testing. They seem now to have run out of kits so I suppose they will have to come clean about that. They however will tell us that next week we will be testing 10000 per day and you can feel happy about that. I believe that the doctors and nurses are going to do the best they can but if the HSE continue to hide what is going on it will be difficult for them.

Last week they were testing 2k a day. This morning they announced they were testing 5k a day. I guess growth has gotten away from them a little.

can you point me to the official numbers for that claim.

Nice brisk sunny day for the 2k walk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Talking about masks earlier on and they're only useful if you're sick. How much masks would someone go through if they're sick?

I'm trying to make my own here but don't know how much to actually make.

Has talk about masks not been done to death, petty squabbling at this stage

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement