Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The danger narcissists pose to us all during this pandemic.

• 26-03-2020 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

It's been a number of years since I've been about boards, so I'm hoping this is the right forum for this...

I live with my 7yr old daughter and my two parents, now in their mid-late 70's. In the house next door on my right lives two 80+ year olds, one living post-stroke. In the house on my left lives a retired lady battling cancer.

So, my daughter lives with me weekdays, and spends most weekends with her other parent (a 'high-conflict' personality type - with a history of abuses against both our family and her own, the length of my arm).

Monday 16th, my daughter returned to my care and told me how her other parent was very sick over the weekend (with the most common symptoms associated with COVID). My daughter was instructed NOT to tell me about this.

Last Monday, 23rd, my daughter was again dropped off to my house. AFTER I took her in, her other parent sent me a text message informing me how our daughter had developed a high temperature and dry cough over the weekend.

My daughter then told me that her other parent is actually awaiting a test for COVID, and again was instructed NOT to inform me.

Naturally, in my attempts to care for the daughter, parents, neighbours & broader community, I requested confirmation of any concerns I should know of from my daughter's other parent.

I was told to f*** off with this message: "if ever there is a test and if ever there is a positive result, you can just wait for the HSE Contact Tracing to contact you".

This individual, while supposedly self-isolating while awaiting a COVID test has delivered a child, with similar symptoms, to a house with two vulnerable grandparents, and has attempted to do so in secret.

She has stated that even if she tests positive, she will not inform me - and will leave us waiting maybe an additional 2 days (as per HSE officer I spoke to) to be contacted - endangering further my family and community.

Now, obviously I've gone into isolation with my daughter, but during this pandemic, this emergency, I'm still expected to abide by court orders and send my daughter to her other parents house tomorrow - not knowing the situation or condition.

Just wondering if anyone might advise who I could contact about this - official line I'm being given is 'oh, that's dangerous behaviour, but abide by court order'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

If you have those messages surely to Jesus it has to be classed as some sort of an offence?

Would it be something the Gardai could be informed off?

I mean testing positive for these and refusing to tell others and out and about. It's obvious they aren't thick as they are instructing the child to not tell you

Jesus Christ it's ****ing shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You keep your daughter with you and ignore the court order as these are extra ordinary times. You will also be protecting your daughter's grandparents. Keep all texts received from your ex partner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Exactly as above, text to say you are both in self isolation as per HSE guidance.....

Do not let her take her back until the correct time has lapsed....

Just be aware she may do the same but worse and stop the visits all together.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry, but we cannot allow legal advice to be requested or offered on this site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement