Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birds nesting in ivy

Options
  • 26-03-2020 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hello

I have a large area of stone wall covered in ivy that I want to remove.

Looks like there is alot of nesting going on.

Does anybody have anyidea what month the birds would have moved on so I can take it down.Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

wait till september is the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

wait till september is the best bet.
    Thanks for reply.

Would that be for small birds.
    I don't see any of the bigger fellas hanging about like they are nesting.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

theparish wrote: »
    Hello

I have a large area of stone wall covered in ivy that I want to remove.

Looks like there is alot of nesting going on.

Does anybody have anyidea what month the birds would have moved on so I can take it down.Thanks

Now

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Just a little bit of advice on the ivy dont pull the ivy off the wall while its alive it will take a lot of stone with it.cut the ivy near the bottom and cut a section of about a foot away inject the rest with a weed killer leave it a few month's for the ivy to die and then take it off the wall it will do a lot less damage.

Advertisement