Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zwift Tips & Tricks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I think it was you and another chap who suggested to me get that particular air blower

THANKS , a whole world of difference even in level 1 . Level 3 loads of wind and no where near the same amount of sweat .

The company that sell them had it out in about two days too

Does it blow everything around the shed though?- noisy??

Checked out the mountain biking on it yesterday(My son was the pilot so I didn’t actually ride it)- really well done I must say- looked pretty impressive, you strap your phone onto the handlebars for steering!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I was using my laptop at the start but seemed to take ages to connect.... on a few locations I left a world to join an event 5 minutes before start and I missed start ..

I bought a apple tv 4k on CEX for €85 2nd hand which was cheaper than any I saw on Donedeal plus I got a warranty .... this has made a huge difference ...

I had 2 basic fans so I bought another that was in aldi a few weeks ago which run on rechargeable batterys which I find great ....

I love the events for racing , anything else doesnt give me same workout ..... I can't just strole around ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I was using my laptop at the start but seemed to take ages to connect.... on a few locations I left a world to join an event 5 minutes before start and I missed start ..

I bought a apple tv 4k on CEX for €85 2nd hand which was cheaper than any I saw on Donedeal plus I got a warranty .... this has made a huge difference ...

I had 2 basic fans so I bought another that was in aldi a few weeks ago which run on rechargeable batterys which I find great ....

I love the events for racing , anything else doesnt give me same workout ..... I can't just strole around ...

CEX reputable? @ €85 on site I'd be keen to go the ATV route than an old laptop I currently use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

martyc5674 wrote: »
    It's pretty focussed stream, but yes, if you're missing your body or get off the bike it can blow paper/ empty water bottles/ cans. But once it's properly in place.

Noise is subjective - I probably notice wind noise if my angles aren't quite right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Anyone reccomend a smart trainer for a few hundred i could use for zwift?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

martyc5674 wrote: »

Not that noisy at all , least not annoying At level . The direction is super focused so all the air will be in you and not anything around you . It’s fine .Definitely can get bit of a Bee Gees hairstyle out of it though at level 3.

At the moment I’m in the spare room do not really need level 3 but use it to avoid sweet and bring down the HR . LEVEL 2 is fine

The chain on the Trainer/bike makes more noise (need to clean and lub/wax it)

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

[PHP][/PHP]
    Kevhog1988 wrote: »

Try bike discount.de . Can be cheaper than wiggle /chain reaction and pretty quick on delivery (though it will cost 10-11 e extra)

Bike components.de is also a good site for competitive pricing . They have a very good website to allow you to compare each trainer with nice visuals .

Elite Suito comes fully packaged with a cassette and block raiser - though I’d get a block raiser with a grip on the bottom, one in the box does have that , but normally all the sites have that turbo at 600-690e . (Seems they are out of stock of them again)

If you can get wahoo core just south of-800

I’d normally highly recommend both wiggle n chain reaction for getting stuff but the above aforementioned sites had trainers at a cheaper price . Also both sites have been out of stock on many trainers for over a month

As for what you or I think might be good, it depends on what you want out of the product. Eg high intensity efforts, base riding /staying fit /racing .....best to look at the reviews from the likes of D.C. Rainmaker snd cycling magazine sites like road cc, in particular the comment sections

Suito would be great for newbies like me, good erg mode , can get the endurance /temp/threshold works out done. Had a power meter connected but if you already have your own pedal power meter you can use that too for zwift (that’s what I personally do ,just for consistency)

Macy0161 wrote: »
    It's pretty focussed stream, but yes, if you're missing your body or get off the bike it can blow paper/ empty water bottles/ cans. But once it's properly in place.

Noise is subjective - I probably notice wind noise if my angles aren't quite right!

Could you send me a link to that fan? - i must be the only person i know who isnt using a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

https://www.cleva-uk.com/collections/vacmaster-air-movers/products/vacmaster-air-mover

There used to be a TrainerRoad discount, but don't have the current code if there still is.
    Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Can be worth checking out Halfords too, if you have access to axa plus card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi
    (let me know if this should be a separate thread)
    Got a Tacx Blue Motion, want to connect for Zwift.
    Anyone recommend an inexpensive but good speed sensor please? Somebody recommended one before but its currently not available.
    I presume one with Bluetooth & ANT+ is best.
    Thanks,
    Pa

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    (let me know if this should be a separate thread)
    Got a Tacx Blue Motion, want to connect for Zwift.
    Anyone recommend an inexpensive but good speed sensor please? Somebody recommended one before but its currently not available.
    I presume one with Bluetooth & ANT+ is best.
    Thanks,
    Pa

I’d try get one which is both Bluetooth and Ant+.
    The beauty of this is it will work directly with an iPad an iPhone etc via Bluetooth and work on a garmin headset if your just off riding the bike.
    Wahoo one is Bluetooth and Ant+ (Maybe they all are now though it’s a few years since I’ve had to buy one!)
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Macy0161 wrote: »
    https://www.cleva-uk.com/collections/vacmaster-air-movers/products/vacmaster-air-mover

There used to be a TrainerRoad discount, but don't have the current code if there still is.

Can be worth checking out Halfords too, if you have access to axa plus card.
    I got this Elite Zumo for €465 (they price matched someone, no idea who) and the 10% discount

No idea if there are any left in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Just be aware when ordering some of the Elite units like the Direto or Suito, you can be supplied with an EU plug. I used a Direto with an EU-UK adapter all through March and April but the plug itself became a bit problematic. Just do yourself a favour and instead of messing around with an adapter or forking out €60 for the official Elite plug, pick up a 12V 1.5A power adapter with the correct UK head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Just be aware when ordering some of the Elite units like the Direto or Suito, you can be supplied with an EU plug. I used a Direto with an EU-UK adapter all through March and April but the plug itself became a bit problematic. Just do yourself a favour and instead of messing around with an adapter or forking out €60 for the official Elite plug, pick up a 12V 1.5A power adapter with the correct UK head.

Mine came with both you just unclip the pin part and replace the EU pins with 3 pin set up or vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Mine came with both you just unclip the pin part and replace the EU pins with 3 pin set up or vice versa.

Neither of mine came with the UK clip. Ordered both from Bike24 though so that could be it.

Advertisement