Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir support/store refusing to help update my account

Options
  • 26-03-2020 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I'm working from home during Covid-19 period.

Eir mobile home broadband customer, €25.00 pm 4G Huawei Router.

Problem is the a tiny data allocation 25gb and I regularly run out of data mid work or on a conference call (rural area, this is the only operator with a decent signal unsaturated, 3 mast closer but saturated to the point it's unusable, LTE antenna)

I have to purchase a top up every other of day €15 to keep going, no online option to change plan.

I'd hoped Eir support could change the account like any other operator to avail of the new data allocations (100GB - 750GB) they now offer on the same price plan, or upgrade me to a different plan.

However after 5 calls to Eir Chat support, Broadband Support, Technical Support, broadband Sales, Mobile Broadband Loyalty (each with 20mi+n wait) no one could offer any help – "we can't make any changes to existing accounts over the phone, you have to go to an Eir store".

But when I talk to Eir store they say they don't come in "we can't make any changes to existing accounts in-store, only in an Eir can do that over the phone".

They also insist I'd need to register a new account and buy a new modem, even though I've been with them 2+ years and just purchased an Huawei b315 4G router off them last year. On top of that it seems they are out of stock nationwide and "don't expect any soon".

Can anyone offer any advice dealing with Eir on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get a GoMo sim. €10/mo for 80GB (itll crawl after 80GB). Both are the same MNC so the device should accept the sim no problem. Exact same network, exact same level of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Eir mobile home broadband customer, €25.00 pm 4G Huawei Router.

Is that on a contract, when did you sign up for it? If it's out of contract just cancel it and sign up to the new plan.

Is there anything in myeir portal to allow switching plans?

How much data is on your phone plan? You could tether off that.

Gomo is 12.99, it should work in the Eir router or else use it in a spare phone as a hotspot.

If you don't want to sign up to gomo then get an Eir PAYG phone SIM which gives 80GB over 28 days for 20 euro on Eir Simplicity Calls + Data

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/activate/

Advertisement