Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19 - Irish Gaming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Vague message now on GS website that all orders are "secure" and that they'll be in touch with new shipping dates. Not sure what this means if pre-ordered for in store pickup. Wait and see I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 themallrat

I had my click and collect order for RE3 cancelled by Smyths on Friday. They offered me a chance for home delivery and a code to match the original price. I was late seeing the email and now there's no option to avail of the home delivery. They've updated their website saying they are no longer doing online orders. Sorry guys but Smyths is no longer an option. For those who want to play Resident Evil 3 Remake on release day, digital is looking like the only option. Would have preferred a physical copy but I'm not missing this on April 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So nowhere doing Res Evil 3 :( at all outside of bloody digital

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

eBay might have sellers from UK who will have it

game.co.uk
    https://www.365games.co.uk/
    https://www.shopto.net/

RE3 only 37 euro on SHopTo

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Seems trivial with everything going on but it's annoying that Gamestop aren't even operating an online and delivery store now after Leo's announcement. Had Persona 5R preordered but that's all kind of up in limbo now. It's only a fiver on the preorder so could try amazon but their delivery times are either 2 weeks away or pay for priority shipping and get it in 1 week.
    Weird because i pre ordered P5R from GS and my order was shipped on Friday. Have you logged into GS to check if your order has shipped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

Anyone know where you can currently get a PS4 console or xbox console?

Which would you recommend getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

Mikiek14 wrote: »
    Weird because i pre ordered P5R from GS and my order was shipped on Friday. Have you logged into GS to check if your order has shipped?

Ah I should have said I originally had it ordered in store. I was waiting to see if they'd make any changes for people in that situation. Then Friday's announcement from Leo came and they stopped the online stores. Otherwise I would have just preordered it online again.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

mickey15ie wrote: »

Amazon would probably be your best bet at the moment but all non essential delivery’s are delayed so it will take a while to come.

As for what console i would recommend the ps4 as it has the best exclusives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

mickey15ie wrote: »

Try Littlewoods I believe they are delivering still

Or

Currys
    Harvey Norman

Both still delivering at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Final fantasy 7 being shipped early to Europe and Australia!

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1244538864263364608?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Penn wrote: »

Noooooo. ff7 and RE3 already paid off. Going to seem longer now staying in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

We should have some online tournament for a game that a lot of people generally own.

Call it "The King of the lockdown tournament" or something :pac:

I'd be up for organising it if people had an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

We should have some online tournament for a game that a lot of people generally own.

Call it "The King of the lockdown tournament" or something :pac:

I'd be up for organising it if people had an interest.

Sounds like a Pikey movie haha.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Noooooo. ff7 and RE3 already paid off. Going to seem longer now staying in.

Excuse my ignorance but can you not just get a digital copy? I don't think I've bought a physical game in a decade.

Excuse my ignorance but can you not just get a digital copy? I don't think I've bought a physical game in a decade.

Personally, i want resi 3 on physical as reviews say it takes 5-6 hours to complete and i have no interest in the online mode. I'd hope to buy it physically and trade when I'm done.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Personally, i want resi 3 on physical as reviews say it takes 5-6 hours to complete and i have no interest in the online mode. I'd hope to buy it physically and trade when I'm done.

Same. Will wait for GS to reopen as have store preorder with them. To be fair I've a massive backlog so no better time to enjoy those games than now, RE3 will be waiting for me down the line (assuming GS don't go under in the meantime)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Well with me not having the time to play games as much in recent years (young kids) and having a huge backlog I'm good.

Have a Switch, PS4, Xbox One with PS Plus, GWG, games I picked up cheap on older platforms when the next gens arrived and ROMs. If gaming drops off the face of a cliff I'm good.

Playing South Park Fractured But Whole on Switch, great stupid game for these serious times.

Might playing Resi 2 Remastered (pick it up for €20 ages ago) after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered this from Base for my One X. I went for the copy with the lenticular sleeve. Len-tic-ular *drools*
    It was dispatched today, woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gamestop with another update. They will be shipping out online orders

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1245006314180358144?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Penn wrote: »
    Gamestop with another update. They will be shipping out online orders

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1245006314180358144?s=20

Wonder what the further instructions are...

sweetie wrote: »
    Wonder what the further instructions are...

Just got the email. Gives you option to buy online with the promise of refund for what you've paid in-store, once stores reopen

Gamestop are taking online orders again if anybody still wants to try and snag a physical copy of Resident Evil 3 Remake. I preordered for home delivery yesterday and it is being shipped today.

themallrat wrote: »
    Gamestop are taking online orders again if anybody still wants to try and snag a physical copy of Resident Evil 3 Remake. I preordered for home delivery yesterday and it is being shipped today.

Yep, I cracked too and made the order. Was dispatched this afternoon :-)

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Yep, I cracked too and made the order. Was dispatched this afternoon :-)

Glad to hear! I had resigned myself to not getting a physical copy after Smyths cancelled my preorder last Friday. This was a nice surprise at the 11th hour. Hope more people see this and get to place an order. Enjoy the game 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

My copy of Resi 3 is on the way, cost more that I'd like but Smyths and Argos will be closed for weeks and after 2 I'm excited for 3.

RE3 delivered! Just need to get pesky work finished before I can boot it up. Looking forward to a scary evening...

My copy was just delivered as well. Can't wait to start. Hope everyone enjoys.

Gamestop shipping out copies of Final Fantasy 7 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Smyths are accepting orders for home delivery again.

Advertisement