Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19 - Irish Gaming

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

To each their own, but personally I cannot see the value in giving gamestop any money up front for one of these consoles. Its like giving them an unsecured, interest free loan, and if they fold, your money is gone. These consoles are going to be manufactured by the million, you wont have problems getting one.
    True but saying that I say the ps5 will be like gold dust come Xmas and would of before covid came along. It will be the big seller this Xmas along with the new Xbox and I know my kids will want it so wasn't going to be come Xmas looking for one and more then likely not get one hence the deposit. I'm just not sure on a deposit can you if you believe that the business is in trouble and possibly could go out of business when it re opens to get it back or to get something instead in store out of the deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

To each their own, but personally I cannot see the value in giving gamestop any money up front for one of these consoles. Its like giving them an unsecured, interest free loan, and if they fold, your money is gone. These consoles are going to be manufactured by the million, you wont have problems getting one.

My experience of previous console launches is that they're rarely easy to get on day 1 if you haven't preordered. Supply usually takes a few months to meet demand, which likely means missing Christmas if that matters to you.

With that said, I'd be reluctant to hand a deposit over any kind of high street game shop as they've all been on shaky ground in recent years. If I was preordering I'd do it with somewhere more reliable like Amazon or Tesco if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Most shops to reopen Monday, shopping centres to reopen Mon 15th June. Just in time for TLOU2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Most shops to reopen Monday, shopping centres to reopen Mon 15th June. Just in time for TLOU2!

Yay! I can finally get my €60 that I stupidly paid in full for a Resident Evil 3 pre-order, then had to buy elsewhere when Gamestop closed.

Won't be doing that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

List of 1st wave of Gamestop stores opening on 8th and 15th of June.

https://www.gamestop.ie/store-information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Excellent. My nearest one will be be open four days before The Last of Us 2 is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They probably could have retained the stores closed recently but then again things were much worse off two weeks ago that today with shopping centre based stores being able to open nearly 7 weeks earlier than first estimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone who lives in or travels to Northern Ireland, I got a mail saying Game will be reopening from 15th June.
    Though it seems they're just mainly for click and collect. At least it's encouraged as you cannot browse the store but can ask staff to help or get something for you

Advertisement