Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

51 Worldwide Games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Apparently there is a free Guest Pass Edition launching today with four free games including Dominoes, Connect 4, President and Slot Cars which will also enable multiplayer for certain games.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/06/reminder_you_can_download_a_free_version_of_clubhouse_games_51_worldwide_classics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

So far I have only played yatzhee ( or yachts here) and it is money well spent. I wish I had friends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

...I wish I had friends.

Probably release that as Paid DLC... :P :P

(I'd buy it too! :o)

I am curious if the game is still worth it for us solo players. Presume it has decent AI for games like Chess & Go (not that I would be taxing them much)?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I played against AI. There is an Easy, Medium and Hard AI and you get medals for beating all 3. Seems good! Obviously better against a real person though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah I played against AI. There is an Easy, Medium and Hard AI and you get medals for beating all 3. Seems good! Obviously better against a real person though. :o

It doesn't allows friend codes and the like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I bought this last night. Am about to start playing it. I hope we can play with switch friends!

OK so it looks like I can create a lobby for friends, but I’m not sure how they can join?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

lol am getting my ass handed to my in Yahtzee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Are you playing against random people online or is it friends only? Haven't done any research into the online multiplayer aspect.

Are you playing against random people online or is it friends only? Haven't done any research into the online multiplayer aspect.

You can play random people and it is fairly quick at finding players as well.

You can play random people and it is fairly quick at finding players as well.

So you can’t specifically play against friends? That seems like a fairly obvious omission unless they can patch it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The bowling is good but I think the actual lane is a touch shorter than the Wii Sports version?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    So you can’t specifically play against friends? That seems like a fairly obvious omission unless they can patch it in.

Oh I think you can as well, I just havent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Picked this up for €33 on Shopto as I wanted the digital version for a game like this.

Good fun so far albeit some games are a little on the easy side e.g. billiards and bowling. Found the bowling in particular a lot easier than the Wii Sports equivalent in my couple of go's so far.

Can see it being good fun to have the Switch with us on the inevitable staycation this year anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

My 2 girls got it for me in Argos for father's day (early present) under my direction :)

They are aged 7 and 10 and they are loving it - they have already learned a few new games and I think it's well worth it as it gets their brains working and they still think they are playing video games as part of their allowed "gadget time".

I'm enjoying it too - I used to play Nine Men's Morris with my dad years and years ago, and I had forgotten all about it - I am really enjoying it now, especially since he passed away last year and I think of him every time I play it

Advertisement