Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Covid-19 Haircut Megathread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Lot of hatchet jobs around including my own -if you dont shave your head on top your snookered with the scissors

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Every barber I've been to has had a cramped waiting area so little opportunity to distance. It requires very close contact for a period of time so the risk of transmission is higher than someone taking a few seconds to hand over your coffee. And it's probably impractical to wear a mask while getting your hair cut for obvious reasons.

I've gotten used to doing my own hair with clippers after watching youtube tutorials. Unless you need some sort of styling, I'm finding that I'm happier with my DIY job than I usually am with what the barbers do as they can't seem to interpret what I'm asking for. I'm not sure I'll go back to the Barbers unless it's for a special occasion.

As I was saying, my work does everything by appointment only and during December my.barber did that, so there is no waiting unless you come too early. They sanitize everything down in between appointments and yes, everyone wears masks. Why would wearing a mask stop you getting a haircut? My guy said that as long as you wear the blue and white paper disposable ones cutting around the ear strings is no problem as only the big fabric ones have straps that get in the way.

Most of us who tried cutting our own hair have been made to appreciate the barbers skills even more and especially the young fellas with the fade - you can't do that at home yourself. I'd hazard a guess your DIY job isn't as great as you think but if so maybe you missed your calling altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Every barber I've been to has had a cramped waiting area so little opportunity to distance. It requires very close contact for a period of time so the risk of transmission is higher than someone taking a few seconds to hand over your coffee. And it's probably impractical to wear a mask while getting your hair cut for obvious reasons.

I've gotten used to doing my own hair with clippers after watching youtube tutorials. Unless you need some sort of styling, I'm finding that I'm happier with my DIY job than I usually am with what the barbers do as they can't seem to interpret what I'm asking for. I'm not sure I'll go back to the Barbers unless it's for a special occasion.

Not the barbers I've been to... no more than 3 people inside including 2 getting haircut. One sitting. The rest qued outside (it was freezing but worth it) and masks on the entire time without issues.

I've shaved my head three times so far during this pandemic which i haven't done so since i was about 12-13(I get it trimmed with a scissors) But i went all out with a 2 all over for the first haircut then 4th all over one the last two cuts. I don't care about fading or any of that and it's done me well so far.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Captcha wrote: »
    Not the barbers I've been to... no more than 3 people inside including 2 getting haircut. One sitting. The rest qued outside (it was freezing but worth it) and masks on the entire time without issues.

You skipped the part though where you’re in close contact with a staff member/patron for a lot of time etc, mask or no mask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I'm very much pro restrictions after the disaster of December and January

But I sure as fcuk can't figure out how Harvey Norman etc is deemed "essential" and barbers and hairdressers can't open for even a day or two a week

If you are pro restrictions but you can't see how barbers are a bigger risk than Harvey Norman that I can't help but believe you are one of those, "I support the toughest of restrictions, as long as they don't affect me" types.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Any barber shops around Dublin CC that still insist on masks, I amnt comfortable without a mask at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

My local barber is booking only (this is Cork, but you might find the same). They wear a mask if you do, and don't if you don't. Seems a reasonable compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I found one thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paul321123

Still using my trimmer, no. 1 all over, looks OK so I stuck with it saving a few quid into the bargain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement