Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanently Deleted Files, how to recover

Options
  • 26-03-2020 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I cant beleive I have done this but, I had a folder on my laptop, that was backed up to gsuite Drive (free version of gsuite, had it for years).

Anyway, my drive storage was getting full on gsuite, so I went and did a spring clean, while also cleaning my laptop, which was also nearly full. So in actual fact, I deleted by google drive folder on my laptop, thinking well, its all in gsute drive anyway. And now I seem to have lost my files in gsuite cloud as well.

I am an administrator for my gsuite domain, and set it to recover permanently deleted files, but it does nto seem to have done so (I am within the 25 day limit).

I also tried EaseUS data recovery to try and recover deleted files from my laptop, but what I find, is that it does not appear to be finding a lot, and when it finds an xcel file, it restores it, but the file doesnt open as it says it is corrupt or incorrect extension (.xlsx).

Any help really appreciated, I cant beleive I messed up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Go through support chat, up to 25 days can be undone by support... if you nice to them :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvf-damwDnY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Go through support chat, up to 25 days can be undone by support... if you nice to them :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvf-damwDnY

Yeah, but i use the free edition of gsuite, so no chat support available

I am able to admin my.own account and do the 25 day recovery, bit it doesn't appear to have restoreed the Excel files correctly.

As I had my Google drive synced to my.desktop was hoping there was a way there of recovering them (also permanently deleted ), and I tried EaseUs (cost me 90 euro, and still tuenexcelmfioes are corrupted )

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you hadn't continued to use the laptop there'd be some hope there, by the sounds of it you have so the odds there are poor.

Best hope is deleted files on gDrive.

one more thing, if your files were in folders and folders does not exists anymore...
    No Recovery of Folder Structures

You can restore only original files/messages, but not folder structures. If you have large number of files in an elaborate folder structure, you may need to spend some time re-creating the folders
    Read more

https://afi.ai/blog/recover-deleted-g-suite-drive-files-gmail-data-and-contacts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Hi,

I cant beleive I have done this but, I had a folder on my laptop, that was backed up to gsuite Drive (free version of gsuite, had it for years).

Anyway, my drive storage was getting full on gsuite, so I went and did a spring clean, while also cleaning my laptop, which was also nearly full. So in actual fact, I deleted by google drive folder on my laptop, thinking well, its all in gsute drive anyway. And now I seem to have lost my files in gsuite cloud as well.

I am an administrator for my gsuite domain, and set it to recover permanently deleted files, but it does nto seem to have done so (I am within the 25 day limit).

I also tried EaseUS data recovery to try and recover deleted files from my laptop, but what I find, is that it does not appear to be finding a lot, and when it finds an xcel file, it restores it, but the file doesnt open as it says it is corrupt or incorrect extension (.xlsx).

Any help really appreciated, I cant beleive I messed up!

https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery-software/ worked for me when i accidentally deleted files

Advertisement