Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty Issues during Covid 19 - Megathread - Hair, nails, brows etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

neonsofa wrote: »
    Oooh I have questions! So, I have kind of a kink in my hair. Its not wavy, not straight, kinda flat but with a little manipulating it will either go wavy or straight. When its straight it is quite flat. Do these treatments just smooth out the hair on the surface so that it is sleek but keeps its natural shape or does it straighten it, if that makes sense?

Your hair sounds exactly like my hair and I get what you're asking! It keeps its natural shape but makes it super sleek and shiny with zero frizz.
    Blow drying takes half the time it used to and I don't need to straighten it. I think it should be called an anti frizz and shine treatment cos I think people worry when they hear that it straightens your hair...it doesn't. It smooths it.
    I love wavy beachy hair but mine was a frizzy mess. Now it's smooth waves with minimal effort.

I'm not sure how to post a link but the one I got is called the Brazilian keratin treatment. It's in a purple box and has a girl on the front with long black shiny hair.
    I watched a YouTube video of how to apply it and there's a great video of a Scottish girl using my exact product and she explains the process brilliantly.
    I will find the link and try put it up.
    Just to say, it's intimidating at first but it's actually as easy as applying hair dye...you know how that looks tricky at first and a bit scary...it's like that. It's absolutely fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Porklife wrote: »
    Your hair sounds exactly like my hair and I get what you're asking! It keeps its natural shape but makes it super sleek and shiny with zero frizz.
    Blow drying takes half the time it used to and I don't need to straighten it. I think it should be called an anti frizz and shine treatment cos I think people worry when they hear that it straightens your hair...it doesn't. It smooths it.
    I love wavy beachy hair but mine was a frizzy mess. Now it's smooth waves with minimal effort.

I'm not sure how to post a link but the one I got is called the Brazilian keratin treatment. It's in a purple box and has a girl on the front with long black shiny hair.
    I watched a YouTube video of how to apply it and there's a great video of a Scottish girl using my exact product and she explains the process brilliantly.
    I will find the link and try put it up.
    Just to say, it's intimidating at first but it's actually as easy as applying hair dye...you know how that looks tricky at first and a bit scary...it's like that. It's absolutely fantastic!

This sounds awesome Id love a link to the treatment & to the youtube video please to see it !

Thank you :):)

This is the one I used...

I usually get it done in a salon and it's just so expensive. This is only 45 euro and works just as well!

I don't know how to put a link up so I'll take a photo of the YouTube video. This girl shows you step by step exactly what to do, she's great...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Thanks Porklife purchasing it right now :D

• Advertisement

Just purchased on Amazon.co.uk. paid in pounds £26 = €30.

LilacNails wrote: »
    Just purchased on Amazon.co.uk. paid in pounds £26 = €30.

Oh wow! Bargain!

Two things to note Lilac, it doesn't smell very nice so make sure you sit by the window when applying it. They say you can't tie it up or put it behind your ears but I did both, as did the girl in the YouTube video. Just go over it with the straighteners after.
    Secondly, make sure you use salt free shampoo. That's essential as salt breaks keratin down. I got salt free shampoo in boots. I can't remember the price but I think about 7 euro....it's this one...
    Hope you're happy with it and please let us know how you get on!! Any questions just ask. Enjoy your new crowning glory! :)

Oh wow! Bargain!

Two things to note Lilac, it doesn't smell very nice so make sure you sit by the window when applying it. They say you can't tie it up or put it behind your ears but I did both, as did the girl in the YouTube video. Just go over it with the straighteners after.
    Secondly, make sure you use salt free shampoo. That's essential as salt breaks keratin down. I got salt free shampoo in boots. I can't remember the price but I think about 7 euro....it's this one...
    Hope you're happy with it and please let us know how you get on!! Any questions just ask. Enjoy your new crowning glory! :)

Your so good thanks for the tips can't wait to try it

LilacNails wrote: »
    Your so good thanks for the tips can't wait to try it

No problem at all...you're gonna be amazed at the results! It's honestly like night and day. Frizzy mess to silky and smooth! It lasts about 3 months also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I usually get it done in a salon and it's just so expensive. This is only 45 euro and works just as well!

I don't know how to put a link up so I'll take a photo of the YouTube video. This girl shows you step by step exactly what to do, she's great...

Here you go... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Porklife you need to get on to the company to arrange an affiliate link or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What straightner do you use? Is my GHD hot enough? It looks like they only go to 185, and you need 230*?
    *says amazon

I almost booked a straightening treatment before the lockdown, so happy I didn't spend that 300 quid on it 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

So are the hairdressers opening back up the 29th?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So are the hairdressers opening back up the 29th?

I think we will know tomorrow. NPHET met today to discuss it and then they’ll pass on their recommendations to government and the decision should be finalised tomorrow. I know Simon said during the week he would like to see them open as soon as possible but he wanted to hear what NPHET recommended first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Got all excited when the radio news at 7 started talking about hairdressers, barbers and nail salons opening again... Until he said "in Northern Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I think il actually cry when my hairdresser will come over to me and ask me “what are we going to do today?”

Rfrip wrote: »
    I think il actually cry when my hairdresser will come over to me and ask me “what are we going to do today?”

Same!! And then I will debate whether or not I want to go darker or maybe some lowlights or maybe a fringe, maybe even some pink tips, they’re cool i saw them on insta.. before finally deciding on the same thing I’ve had done for the last ten years!!!

Can’t wait :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

As if 2020 wasn't bad enough already, I found my first grey hair today! :( :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I very rarely get pedicures, but I'm looking forward to getting a super-deluxe one to celebrate everything reopening. :) Any recommendations where to go? (Dublin city centre ideally.)

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    What straightner do you use? Is my GHD hot enough? It looks like they only go to 185, and you need 230*?
    *says amazon

I almost booked a straightening treatment before the lockdown, so happy I didn't spend that 300 quid on it 🀣

I just have a Remington that goes to 220 and it works fine so ghd should be fine...185 still seems very hot but maybe really press it down to seal the product in cos keratin reacts to the heat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I very rarely get pedicures, but I'm looking forward to getting a super-deluxe one to celebrate everything reopening. :) Any recommendations where to go? (Dublin city centre ideally.)

I like Fifth Avenue (the one on Clarendon St) for a pedicure. Find them expensive for usual Shellac, but every pedi I've had there has been really fab. They usually have some kind of offer on for treatments.

https://5thavenue.ie/contacts/

‘Tis offish! Beauty salons and Hairdressers to reopen on June 29th

We gotta take the good news when we can ladies!

72iy.gif

Delighted! My hair dresser already phoned me to provisionally book me in, so no stressing about getting an appointment but I already see all the comments on their insta now asking about bookings, I wouldnt be able for the stress! I can't wait, I will be like a new woman!

Delighted! My hair dresser already phoned me to provisionally book me in, so no stressing about getting an appointment but I already see all the comments on their insta now asking about bookings, I wouldnt be able for the stress! I can't wait, I will be like a new woman!

Same! I’m sorted thank god but my hairdresser just put up a post saying her site had crashed with people trying to book.. jaysus so glad I’m not one of them

Genuinely so happy for you !!!!

Same! I’m sorted thank god but my hairdresser just put up a post saying her site had crashed with people trying to book.. jaysus so glad I’m not one of them

For ye both :)

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    Genuinely so happy for you !!!!

<3

Advertisement