Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Router Restarted Itself (TR069)?

• 27-03-2020 2:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

I only had my broadband installed today and at about 1.05am, it rebooted itself. I checked the event logs and it said

"03-27-2020 01:04:14 Request to reboot by TR069."

And the next line above it says;

"03-27-2020 01:05:33 Boot up successfully, duration is 18 seconds, reboot cause is TR069 Upgrade"

What's TR069? Google is giving me nothing.

If it helps, I'm with Vodafone and have the 1GB modem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its called "Pinhole management". The ISPs modem management gateway registered the device when it first connected and then as it was out of date updated it at the next window. This is the right way to do things as if you update them immediately the user inevitably disconnects it part way as theyre still setting up and bricks the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

ED E wrote: »
    Its called "Pinhole management". The ISPs modem management gateway registered the device when it first connected and then as it was out of date updated it at the next window. This is the right way to do things as if you update them immediately the user inevitably disconnects it part way as theyre still setting up and bricks the device.

So, in other words, I've nothing to worry about and this procedure was completely normal/okay?

And will it automatically update going forward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Totally normal.

Yes, though most CPE (modems) only ever see 3-4 updates in their lifespan max so it may not do it again for a year/ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

ED E wrote: »
    Totally normal.

Yes, though most CPE (modems) only ever see 3-4 updates in their lifespan max so it may not do it again for a year/ever.

That's grand so. Thank god, I was ready to wage war last night :pac:

Advertisement